Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS and *swerve* Light ON :-O

Old 01-24-2013, 02:58 PM
FastlaneMech
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS and *swerve* Light ON :-O

I can't get these lights to reset, also I don't have a fault code. Where do I test the sensors? any one have experience with this?
Old 01-24-2013, 03:28 PM
3boystoys
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Pull codes and report back.

Old 01-24-2013, 03:37 PM
calvins
Safety Car

Received 237 Likes on 108 Posts
Oldtimer

Don't know about anyone else but that site is BRUTALLY slow for me... here's the simple text steps:

1. Turn your key to the "ON" position, but do not start the engine.
2. Clear any present messages by pressing the RESET button.
3. Hold the OPTIONS button down, and press the FUEL button 4 times. (This will get you into the "codes" section of the DIC.
4. The computer will automatically display all the codes your car has created. It will cycle through each code every 3 seconds. (Have a pen and paper handy to write down the codes)

Note: Any code that ends in an "H" is a history code (something that has occurred in the past, but is not reporting as an error currently.)

5. Once the computer has finished going through all of its codes, press RESET to enter Manual Configuration mode. It should start with a module and show "NO CODES" or "# Codes."
6. To optionally reset codes once in manual mode, press and hold RESET until is displays "NO CODES."
7. Press OPTIONS to go into the next module (ie, from PCM, or Powertrain Control Module, to TCS, or Traction Control System.)
8. Repeat Step 6 until you have reset all the codes in all the computer modules.

Note: Only reset the codes if you want to- it is not necessary to reset them every time you pull the codes.

9. When finished, simply take your key out of the ignition.

Once you have the codes: http://www.stengel.net/diccodes.htm
Old 01-25-2013, 01:44 AM
FastlaneMech
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will try that. My code reader said NO CODEs so I was kind of baffled. I have also a Ford E350 and it has the same problem, the senors had no reading(open circut) so now i hafta replace all the sensors and on the van they are about a $100 each. I am dreading the same expense on the Vette
Old 01-25-2013, 09:30 AM
jornahow
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FastlaneMech
I will try that. My code reader said NO CODEs so I was kind of baffled. I have also a Ford E350 and it has the same problem, the senors had no reading(open circut) so now i hafta replace all the sensors and on the van they are about a $100 each. I am dreading the same expense on the Vette
I would get a new/better code reader and do some more diagnostics before ***** nilly replacing all sensors. It's your money, but bad idea.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:07 AM
3boystoys
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by FastlaneMech
Cheap code reader only read Generic engine codes, not ABS/TC codes.

Get notified of new replies

To ABS and *swerve* Light ON :-O

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ABS and *swerve* Light ON :-O