Sponsored by:

looking for a Paint guru

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 10:15 PM
Titan22
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default looking for a Paint guru

I've got a small crack in my paint on the back quarter just above the wheel. The crack looks like it was popped from the back leaving a Y shaped crack about 3/8" long with a 1/8" runner. The paint appears to be popped up slightly. I'm trying to see if there is a way to repair without shooting the back end. In my work I do a lot of repairs like this but in a totally different medium. Anyone ever tried to make a repair on something like this? I'm concerned that it may run or pop a chuck of paint if I don't do something.

THX
Old 02-07-2013, 10:23 PM
SSTG
Le Mans Master

Received 207 Likes on 137 Posts

Old 02-08-2013, 09:20 AM
3boystoys
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Pics??
Old 02-08-2013, 11:31 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

Do you know if there was a previous repair in this area. From what you say, it sounds like previous damage not repaired correctly. If so, the normal simple fixes will not work if paint is popped up. You can do the fix yourself and if not satisfied, you can get a professional shop to do. I do this sort of stuff as a hobby for my cars and friends. You and email me and we can discuss on the phone. Posting a picture would help us. Also what year and color?
Old 02-08-2013, 12:41 PM
Titan22
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

sent email,

I haven't posted picture before so signed up with flickr to get the URL and no quite sure if it was working correctly. When you put the URL in the reply to a thread will you see the pic before submitting or only the text?
Old 02-08-2013, 07:55 PM
Chilliwack vettes
Melting Slicks

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Titan22
sent email,

I haven't posted picture before so signed up with flickr to get the URL and no quite sure if it was working correctly. When you put the URL in the reply to a thread will you see the pic before submitting or only the text?
I use http://s1083.beta.photobucket.com/ and only the text shows. Probably the same with flickr.

There is a 'testing' section under 'help & feedback'

Last edited by Chilliwack vettes; 02-08-2013 at 07:57 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:27 PM
James2002z06
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Titan22
I've got a small crack in my paint on the back quarter just above the wheel. The crack looks like it was popped from the back leaving a Y shaped crack about 3/8" long with a 1/8" runner. The paint appears to be popped up slightly. I'm trying to see if there is a way to repair without shooting the back end. In my work I do a lot of repairs like this but in a totally different medium. Anyone ever tried to make a repair on something like this? I'm concerned that it may run or pop a chuck of paint if I don't do something.

THX
And it would be helpful if we knew where you are ..

Get notified of new replies

To looking for a Paint guru

Quick Reply: looking for a Paint guru