Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ctex battery tender failed

Old 04-23-2013, 11:06 AM
LQQK
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Ctex battery tender failed

I put a new battery in my 01 last year and this winter I hooked up one of my Ctex chargers for the winter. Well I was PO when I went out in January to check on the car. It was fine just a few weeks before I thought but now it was dead. I tried to figure out if it was bad or not and as far as I could tell it wasn't doing its job. I switched it out with the same one I had on the Street Rod and still nothing. The mode light would light up but not the charging ones. I thought it was toast. I'm having some surgery done and I wanted to have the charger on the car while I'm not driving it. A lot of people have volunteered to drive it to keep it charged for me. Ya all know how that would be... Any way I ordered a new one and it arrived and I hooked it up to the cig. lighter adapter I had on the old one and the same thing was wrong with this new one. I did some checking with a meter and I figured it out that inside the cig lighter adapter is a small ceramic fuse and it was bad. So if any of you have had the same problem with your charger with the cig lighter adapter check inside there for that little fuse. Could be your problem. Almost thru away a good charger.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:09 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,186 Likes on 13,910 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Always good to check all the possibilities. Guess you now have a spare battery charger.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:10 PM
Patches
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 889 Likes on 587 Posts

I recently returned my malfunctioning 2+ year-old CTEK charger for replacement and they honored warranty. I filled out the complaint form from their website and they had me ship the faulty unit back for assessment. They sent me a brand new one a few weeks later.

Get notified of new replies

To Ctex battery tender failed

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ctex battery tender failed