Sponsored by:

As an owner of a corvette ...

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 07:35 PM
SoDiezl350
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.Bill
Not at all, We have a whole new breed of Corvette owners that we are not use to seeing, And I am afraid the good days are lost. As Rodney D said " I can't get no respect".
I would say this new era has brought two forms of owners. Unfortunately the bad outnumber the good.With the price dropping on these cars, there are people who view this as an opportunity to push the envelope of these cars without subjecting themselves to a huge financial risk. The anti-waxer if you will. I can tell you from experience that the C5 is becoming more and more common on the race track amongst the younger crowd, myself included. As more people begin to track these cars the market for affordable track worthy parts increases causing the prices to drop. I think trying to keep a reasonable budget and yet still posting respectable times is a big part of the challenge/fun.

On the other side of the pond resides the other new breed of owner whose insecurities are often masked with a sense of arrogance, ignorance, and general poor taste. While this personality profile is not exclusive to those whose financial constraints have only until recently prevented them from Corvette ownership, it's safe to say that education and life experience will often provide the necessary perspective to avoid those pitfalls. It appears that education and life experience also often lead to a greater financial success which may explain why as the price drops we are suddenly finding individuals who lack these qualities.

On top of it all, regardless of age, gender, race, the culture of our society today has deteriorated to a point where very few are friendly, often out of suspicion of being taken advantage of or being viewed as weak.

Happy motoring
Old 04-23-2013, 07:39 PM
chasboy
Le Mans Master

Received 914 Likes on 721 Posts
Oldtimer

Originally Posted by 3boystoys
Why should you care if you see one or not?
For the SAME reason most of us try to 'SAVE THE WAVE". It's the camaraderie(look it up in the dictionary) of driving the same, pretty special car.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:46 PM
Suthunman
Safety Car

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by James2002z06
Have you ever noticed at times that you never see a Vette on the road
Then at times their all over the place .....your thoughts

JW
It's pretty much that way around here too James. More and more its C6 coupes I'm seeing.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:04 PM
bladex10
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

I see on average 3-5 Corvettes during my commute. 9/10 they are bone stock. Hardly ever see a nicely modded one lowered on a nice set of wheels.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:23 PM
James2002z06
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Hey no verts ....

Originally Posted by Suthunman
It's pretty much that way around here too James. More and more its C6 coupes I'm seeing.
Allowed in my threads ....lol I've been waiting brother ....it's all good
Old 04-23-2013, 08:23 PM
James2002z06
Safety Car

Default Bam...

Originally Posted by chasboy
For the SAME reason most of us try to 'SAVE THE WAVE". It's the camaraderie(look it up in the dictionary) of driving the same, pretty special car.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:29 PM
rocknroller
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=James2002z06;1583717502]
Originally Posted by 3boystoys

I don't care .. It's an observation only ... Now what I do care is the country that I call home , I can also do , go and write or call things the way I see them
I'm having lunch today on a patio and we happened to notice above normal corvettes out on the road .. What I do care about in my life is my wife .. Just saying caring to me must be a little different what tou call caring get a life 3 boy toys
I think you're reading WAY too much into what the OP is saying.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:49 PM
DSTURBD
Melting Slicks

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Cruise-In V Veteran

Not at all, We have a whole new breed of Corvette owners that we are not use to seeing, And I am afraid the good days are lost. As Rodney D said " I can't get no respect".
Hey Bill and ET (also Bill )

Before this post, that was the response I was thinking of but mine was more of the ilk that to be courteous and enjoy threads like this would take discretion and respect, neither of which they have grown yet. Its like "wisdom teeth", you have to earn them before you grow them!!!!!!

DSTURBD
Old 04-23-2013, 08:57 PM
DSTURBD
Melting Slicks

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Cruise-In V Veteran

Originally Posted by zagger
Here in SoCal they are like drop dead gorges blonds, you see them all the time and everywhere
And most times, what's driven' 'em is a drop-dead gorgeous blond!!!!!!

DSTURBD
Old 04-23-2013, 09:11 PM
onlyavette
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can I tell you what I believe to be the truth an still be a friend? We shall see.

Yes you are being too sensitive. Evil you come off as hostile at times whether you are aware of it or not. You are a brilliant man as we can all tell by by reading with great enthusiasm everything you write. I have at times been disappointed in you as a mature and educated adult with your seemingly lack of patience with younger and less experienced people on the forum. You need to realize that your wisdom and experience is of great value to so many and yes, you could even be viewed as a leader to some on this forum. But using the term "******" and "Douche Bag" in reference to anyone belittles you more than it does the recipient.

It may be how you feel about life and other people in general that causes you to view with a jaundice eye a question like "why should you care if you see one or not? My perception of that question is that the young man is saying he loves every moment in his Corvette and he doesn't need to see another Corvette to enjoy what he has. It's fun being unique. The o.p. asked for our thoughts so don't forget that.

This may be the end of the good old days in many ways but when it is time, I hope to bow out gracefully.

I respectfully and reverently suggest you give yourself a checkup from the neck up and make a few adjustments in how you view things. We need people like you whether you like us or not. It would be nice to be liked though.

Last edited by onlyavette; 04-24-2013 at 12:58 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-23-2013, 09:15 PM
jrose7004
Team Owner

Received 1,674 Likes on 1,297 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

I see at least 3 or 4 a day around here.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:35 PM
Suthunman
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '14

Allowed in my threads ....lol I've been waiting brother ....it's all good
James.....I was just trying to bring a little class, with some shiny wheels to your thread.
You ever try a Vert and your next mod might be cutting the top off Big Red and making you one of those Z06 Verts! That would be way
Old 04-23-2013, 09:43 PM
James2002z06
Safety Car

Default One thing is for sure ....and

Originally Posted by Suthunman
James.....I was just trying to bring a little class, with some shiny wheels to your thread.
You ever try a Vert and your next mod might be cutting the top off Big Red and making you one of those Z06 Verts! That would be way
We been talking about the 427 Vert.. We meet a couple 2 weeks ago that have one Red and Black factory look ... And it's affordable .... Then theres the ZL1 Cam. Which I have another buddy that has one , that's on steroids
Old 04-23-2013, 09:54 PM
Spider Vette
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Here in the Bay Area I see about 3-4 a day because of are weather. It is great most of the time. Now when I'm in my vette, being a new owner to the Corvette world. I was excited to be apart of the wave & I noticed not allot of people even know of the wave or if they do. They choose not to, Almost like a look then an up tight look back forward thing lmao.. Being a new guy on this forum, I stay positive & Only leave positive remarks. If I don't like a post, I just click out & Move onto the next.. I can say I do wish their was more unity among the corvette forum.. I've seen some things already that have me shaking my head on this forum.. But I'm here to stay & I hope to meet more great positive owners on this site... I'm a Car Show guy so I'm all about the Shows... A nice clean custom corvette is something to look at in my opinion..
Old 04-23-2013, 11:06 PM
silverbandit
Instructor

Here in south fla I see 5-10 on a daily basis the weather is just too nice to keep them cooped in the garage
Old 04-23-2013, 11:14 PM
SilverBullet95
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where I live, they tend to travel in packs. Some days I won't see a single one, other days ill see 3-5. Most of em are stock and owned by the oldies in Sun City
Old 04-23-2013, 11:41 PM
2redvettez
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chasboy
I'm with ya.. SAVE the WAVE !!.... I always wave at all Generation of Vette's I meet on the road . On the freeway, i'll blink the fog lights at
passing Vettes.( hard to see a wave) Sadly, to many times, I don't get the favor paid back.

To many new , usally younger Vette owners are not aware of the tradition of throwing a WAVE at fellow Vettes... to bad

Let's change that , yes ... Nut'n like wraping your *** in fiberglass !

Get notified of new replies

To As an owner of a corvette ...

Old 04-23-2013, 11:44 PM
Suthunman
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '14

We been talking about the 427 Vert.. We meet a couple 2 weeks ago that have one Red and Black factory look ... And it's affordable .... Then theres the ZL1 Cam. Which I have another buddy that has one , that's on steroids
You know I might force myself to get past those ugly headlights for one of those 427 Verts. I kinda likem but I like my C5 and the money difference better. I know a guy with a ZL1, he loves it. He's been doing some autocross with it but is headed for the drag strip this coming weekend. When he told me he had been autocrossing, I told him I couldn't believe he hardly had it broke in good and was out running over cones with it. He laughed and said he tries to avoid those but has managed to run a few down.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:38 AM
o2bnkc
Melting Slicks

Received 290 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by onlyavette
Can I tell you what I believe to be the truth an still be a friend? We shall see.

Yes you are being too sensitive. Evil you come off as hostile at times whether you are aware of it or not. You are a brilliant man as we can all tell by by reading with great enthusiasm everything you write. I have at times been disappointed in you as a mature and educated adult with your seemingly lack of patience with younger and less experienced people on the forum. You need to realize that your wisdom and experience is of great value to so many and yes, you could even be viewed as a leader to some on this forum. But using the term "******" and "Douche Bag" in reference to anyone belittles you more than it does the recipient.

It may be how you feel about life and other people in general that causes you to view with a jaundice eye a question like "why should you care if you see one or not? My perception of that question is that the young man is saying he loves every moment in his Corvette and he doesn't need to see another Corvette to enjoy what he has. It's fun being unique. The o.p. asked for our thoughts so don't forget that.

This may be the end of the good old days in many ways but when it is time, I hope to bow out gracefully.

I respectfully and reverently suggest you give yourself a checkup from the neck up and make a few adjustments in how you view things. We need people like you whether you like us or not. It would be nice to be liked though.
But my version wouldn't have been as nice. When you don't agree with him, the name calling starts flying.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:55 AM
jdot
Drifting

They disappear here in southern Kentucky every winter almost like it was going to snow or something.

Quick Reply: As an owner of a corvette ...