Sponsored by:

Quite impressed (my matte black Vette)

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 07:50 AM
1bdvet
Team Owner

Received 4,499 Likes on 3,586 Posts
U.S. Air Force
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Old 05-15-2013, 09:33 AM
Raiku898
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dig it. Looks good.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:44 AM
MotoJB
Le Mans Master

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by RC000E
Thats your words not mine...

I just wish people would try to break the mold a little. GS stripes on non GS cars are the Type R stickers of the corvette world. Its a ricer mod... Same as putting a ZR1 badge on there...

Thats my opinion...dont like it...dont read it.

Yeah, well you did break the mold with your lovely satin white, blingy lookatme wrap...and perhaps you want everyone to know it by bagging on their choice of mods (GS stripes)? Not everyone has the ability or desire to wrap their entire car, but they can put stripes on.

Who gives a darn if someone puts stripes on a non GS car? I think it looks good - and your comparison is off BTW. No one is putting ZR1 or Z06 stickers/badges on a standard C5. That would be ghey IMO. Personally, I think wrapping an entire damn car is kind-of weird, but whatever. Love the color/look you ended up with but I'd never do that to my car.

"...dont like it...dont read it." The more you post, the more arrogant you sound. As far as your opinion? You're entitled to have an opinion and I'm entitled to disagree. It's an open forum Billy.

Back to the OP here - liking the satin black more and more!
Old 05-15-2013, 01:47 PM
0TuneTimePerformance
Former Vendor

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by spooneralmighty

Looks great ... I see more and more of OEM's using the matte finish .

Last edited by TuneTimePerformance; 05-15-2013 at 04:31 PM.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:12 PM
calivette805
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

Please paint those center caps. Besides that looks great
Old 05-16-2013, 04:48 AM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

Received 346 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by MotoJB
You're entitled to have an opinion and I'm entitled to disagree. It's an open forum Billy.
Exactly...and the privelege is mutual, so what are you going on and on about?
Old 05-16-2013, 12:53 PM
MotoJB
Le Mans Master

Exactly...and the privelege is mutual, so what are you going on and on about?
"Thats my opinion...dont like it...dont read it. "

I was going on about you coming across as an arrogant ***.

Old 05-16-2013, 03:02 PM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

I've built cars professionally for 15 years, had two on Speed channel, three at SEMA...it's comes off as arrogance via text, but it's just me holding peoples taste to a standard.

The Corvette aftermarket...sucks...flat out. It's not because it's not a fantastic platform, it's because of the ownership demographics. Nissans, Honda's and now even Camaro's and Mustangs are gaining huge aftermarket support, while Corvettes swim in the sea of mediocrity. Sure...you can list off a few good body mods available (L5's, tigershark stuff, a hood or two), but by comparison to other, very arguably inferior cars with a more financially limited fan base, Corvettes come up WAY short.

The bottom line is, the Corvette aftermarket is driven by dated taste and people who are out of the loop of current styling. Younger people are more trendy, demand new styles and evolution, while older guys revert back to history. Hence why we keep reliving the past with chrome add ons, stingray names, etc.

I simply know the market. My entire childhood, teenage years, then professional life have been modification of cars, trucks, motorcycles, etc. I attend shows around the country yearly, follow the markets of many genres closely, etc. I am not arrogant...I just know what I know. I've predicted moves in the market, as proven via several business partnerships I have long standing. Once you observe something for so long, you begin to understand the global picture, and then begin to predict where the market is going. Some people do that in business, on wall street, in real estate...I have done it in cars...for many years....and will continue to.

I intend to bring several new parts for the C5 platform to market shortly. The Corvette demographic is what it is, because social media isn't circulating pictures of modded C5's that aren't littered with cheesy *** mods. The only appeal Corvette has going for it is bang for the buck..in order to attract new blood and young ownership. I hate to say it that way, but sorry...you pull your C5 up to SEMA with some GS stripes and some taillight covers...you'll get laughed out of the place. I agree on "to each his own", but it's the same as wearing a fanny pack around with a tinted visor...you may love the convenience and afforded eye protection, but don't get mad when people laugh....the sh*t's gay...lol.

Not trying to preach...just trying to convey my intent. Text is a poor communication medium...I type 90+wpm...things come out quick and heavy sometimes...lol.

Last edited by RC000E; 05-16-2013 at 03:05 PM.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:18 PM
MotoJB
Le Mans Master

I've built cars professionally for 15 years, had two on Speed channel, three at SEMA...it's comes off as arrogance via text, but it's just me holding peoples taste to a standard.

The Corvette aftermarket...sucks...flat out. It's not because it's not a fantastic platform, it's because of the ownership demographics. Nissans, Honda's and now even Camaro's and Mustangs are gaining huge aftermarket support, while Corvettes swim in the sea of mediocrity. Sure...you can list off a few good body mods available (L5's, tigershark stuff, a hood or two), but by comparison to other, very arguably inferior cars with a more financially limited fan base, Corvettes come up WAY short.

The bottom line is, the Corvette aftermarket is driven by dated taste and people who are out of the loop of current styling. Younger people are more trendy, demand new styles and evolution, while older guys revert back to history. Hence why we keep reliving the past with chrome add ons, stingray names, etc.

I simply know the market. My entire childhood, teenage years, then professional life have been modification of cars, trucks, motorcycles, etc. I attend shows around the country yearly, follow the markets of many genres closely, etc. I am not arrogant...I just know what I know. I've predicted moves in the market, as proven via several business partnerships I have long standing. Once you observe something for so long, you begin to understand the global picture, and then begin to predict where the market is going. Some people do that in business, on wall street, in real estate...I have done it in cars...for many years....and will continue to.

I intend to bring several new parts for the C5 platform to market shortly. The Corvette demographic is what it is, because social media isn't circulating pictures of modded C5's that aren't littered with cheesy *** mods. The only appeal Corvette has going for it is bang for the buck..in order to attract new blood and young ownership. I hate to say it that way, but sorry...you pull your C5 up to SEMA with some GS stripes and some taillight covers...you'll get laughed out of the place. I agree on "to each his own", but it's the same as wearing a fanny pack around with a tinted visor...you may love the convenience and afforded eye protection, but don't get mad when people laugh....the sh*t's gay...lol.

Not trying to preach...just trying to convey my intent. Text is a poor communication medium...I type 90+wpm...things come out quick and heavy sometimes...lol.

Wow...um, ok. Remember though, very few on this site can say they are a professional car building, SEMA gods. Many have little means or ability to upgrade their vette. Many have different tastes. You kept bagging on some guy's GS stripes, pretty much saying "that sh*t's gay, LOL".

There is a big demographic swing in the vette community...from the stock with chrome spears/louvers and spit-polish crowd to the pure performance crowd (and everything in between). Throwing a set of GS stripes on a C5 doesn't make it ricer, if everything else is all about performance.

I too can be pretty critical - some vettes and mods deserve the old vomit post...

Good luck holding everyone's taste here to your standards. You're going to be bagging on a lot of peoples cars then, I assume.

BTW - my GS stripes just showed up! I'll send you a pic when on the car.

Looking forward to you saving the market with your soon to be released products. Who knows, I may end up as a customer.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:15 PM
Crosis
Drifting

Received 420 Likes on 281 Posts

Thats your words not mine...

I just wish people would try to break the mold a little. GS stripes on non GS cars are the Type R stickers of the corvette world. Its a ricer mod... Same as putting a ZR1 badge on there...

Thats my opinion...dont like it...dont read it.
You may have a point IF the stripes were actually exclusive to Corvette Grand Sports. BUT THEY ARE NOT. Pit stripes have been around far longer than the GS. If anything, its a joke to put these race track oriented stripes on a street car like the GS. So you are way the hell off base Sparky.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:44 PM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

"Sparky"..."Billy"...wtf is up you people...you talk like this in person...I doubt it. Your quoting some GS stripe "history" now...haha. They're GS stripes...period....don't over complicate it MARY!

Moto..saying I'm a "GOD" is ridiculous. I've done what I've done...plain and simple....we all have jobs, have careers...that's mine dude, bottom line. When you present cars in a competitive environment, you need to be aware of the market, demographics, positioning, etc....that's what I do.

I also hardly said I'd "save" the market, there are merely openings in the market for damn certain. I'm currently opening a restaurant so my priorities have shifted momentarily, but it's just a capitol builder to support other automotive projects/ventures, as well as support the building my shop is located in. I'll be working on some things and making some products visible in the next 4-6 months....if all goes well.

As it stands now I'm building a car that is slated to go to Targa Newfoundland, then SEMA 2013 for display...so between the restaurant and that...my priorities are there. Trust me though, if you're about function and understand that function then becomes the fashion in the automotive world...my parts won't disappoint.

Calm down people...stop blowing everything out of proportion and making mountains out of mole hills.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:48 PM
JaxEagle
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd go ahead and flame paint that bitch!
Old 05-17-2013, 01:15 AM
MotoJB
Le Mans Master

"Sparky"..."Billy"...wtf is up you people...you talk like this in person...I doubt it.

With you, I very likely would.

Moto..saying I'm a "GOD" is ridiculous.

Good catch Billy. You're catching on.

I also hardly said I'd "save" the market, there are merely openings in the market for damn certain. I'm currently opening a restaurant so my priorities have shifted momentarily, but it's just a capitol builder to support other automotive projects/ventures, as well as support the building my shop is located in. I'll be working on some things and making some products visible in the next 4-6 months....if all goes well.

As it stands now I'm building a car that is slated to go to Targa Newfoundland, then SEMA 2013 for display...so between the restaurant and that...my priorities are there. Trust me though, if you're about function and understand that function then becomes the fashion in the automotive world...my parts won't disappoint.

Calm down people...stop blowing everything out of proportion and making mountains out of mole hills.
Mountains out of mole hills? Perfect analogy to describe your ego, is my guess.

Old 05-17-2013, 02:18 AM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

Now you gotta type in red...you're not worth my time dude...go cry somewhere else Suzy...
Old 05-17-2013, 02:25 AM
MotoJB
Le Mans Master

Now you gotta type in red...you're not worth my time dude...go cry somewhere else Suzy...
Old 05-17-2013, 02:44 AM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

You're such a wannabe, its pretty funny actually. Youre like a little 10yr old...
Old 05-17-2013, 05:19 AM
Crosis
Drifting

Received 420 Likes on 281 Posts

"Sparky"..."Billy"...wtf is up you people...you talk like this in person...I doubt it. Your quoting some GS stripe "history" now...haha. They're GS stripes...period....don't over complicate it MARY!
Of course I would talk to you like this in person. Oh and you are basically uneducated. These are called pit stripes not GS stripes and have been around far longer than the GS. Get educated Slapnuts. You are looking stupid here.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:09 AM
DevilDog II
Race Director

Received 888 Likes on 553 Posts
Oldtimer

Wow! I need a hug.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:33 AM
spooneralmighty
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JaxEagle
I'd go ahead and flame paint that bitch!
Yeah I've been continplating it. Thanks for the complements. Being that I'm young and did something outta the traditional way and to still recieve good replys about it means a lot.

Quick Reply: Quite impressed (my matte black Vette)