Sponsored by:

Fiberglass Repair and Paint

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 10:06 PM
Quickshift_C5
Melting Slicks

Received 141 Likes on 120 Posts

Default Fiberglass Repair and Paint

Had an unfortunate accident in autocross today. This is the 2nd year doing autocross in my supercharged ZO6. Last year, I did it no problem at 572rwhp. This year, I have gone for more power and am at 630rwhp+. I do pretty much everything with this car. Drag, 1/2 Mile Events, HDPE's, and Autocross. This was my first time with the new setup since last year, and unfortunately the low end power is substantially different.

My first run this morning it was a handful, but worked it around the course no problem. I got to the end where they made a straight to the finish. I squeezed the throttle a bit on the straight and it was too much. The rear snapped out and I spun the car for the first time ever. Bad part is it was right at the end gate and I nailed the timing light sideways, impacting the door and rupturing the fiberglass on the passenger door and sideskirt. I ran my other 5 passes that day without an issue.

Just trying to get a very rough educated guess from you guys on what it may cost to repair this.

Last edited by Quickshift_C5; 06-16-2013 at 10:09 PM.
Old 06-16-2013, 11:37 PM
Quickshift_C5
Melting Slicks

Received 141 Likes on 120 Posts

After some basic searching, the door panel appears to be Sheet Molded Composite (SMC) and the rocker panel is still fiberglass and molded to the frame rails?

Still looking for some insight on this. Thanks guys!
Old 06-17-2013, 12:12 AM
momo20
Safety Car

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

I would think any body shop that has experience working with newer vettes could fix that fairly easy..the tricky part is the MY paint, its hard to match, so I would be willing to bet they would have to re do at least the pass. side of your car

Get notified of new replies

To Fiberglass Repair and Paint

Quick Reply: Fiberglass Repair and Paint