Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radioflyer's All-new SLC V3 Fixed headlights (R&D Thread)

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 12:53 AM
FINALLYSATISFIED
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by beauhebert
Looks amazing.
Old 10-25-2014, 11:27 PM
Sportsman2003
Racer

Received 94 Likes on 41 Posts

Does anyone have a picture of the angel eye led's installed but not powered up? I want to see how they look when they are off.
Old 10-26-2014, 08:32 AM
TheRadioFlyer
Supporting Vendor

Received 630 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by Sportsman2003
Does anyone have a picture of the angel eye led's installed but not powered up? I want to see how they look when they are off.
We have 3 styles of angel eyes:

Amber - these are white when turned off
White - these are yellow when turned off
Switchback - these are a darker yellow when turned off

The yellow is a phosphorus coating that is used in all white-colored LEDs.
Old 10-26-2014, 08:47 AM
Mattie Num Nums
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Sportsman2003

Old 04-29-2016, 08:08 AM
a_ahmed
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

Anyone have examples of these lights on a black c5 z06/frc, maybe even with a slight black tint on the covers?

I honestly am not a fan of the non-popups in general but these are the best looking, and i love the way my c5 frc looks stealth in all black with the lights down. But the stock lights suck and the popups are noticeably slowing the car down and affecting mileage lol...
Old 04-29-2016, 01:19 PM
FrostCzar
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by a_ahmed
Anyone have examples of these lights on a black c5 z06/frc, maybe even with a slight black tint on the covers?

I honestly am not a fan of the non-popups in general but these are the best looking, and i love the way my c5 frc looks stealth in all black with the lights down. But the stock lights suck and the popups are noticeably slowing the car down and affecting mileage lol...
I still have a couple of pictures from when I had my black C5, but the lighting is bad. I also have pics of my current yellow C5 that might help. I added double layer tint on the outside and at a curve to give it the lowest profile because I had the exact same concerns as you did. I also have a great pic of radioflyers old black C5 where he did the same thing, but I'm not one to post someone elses pics, so unless he gives me the ok or you pm me or him, I'm not posting that one.

Last edited by FrostCzar; 07-18-2016 at 03:16 PM.
The following users liked this post:
a_ahmed (04-29-2016)
Old 04-29-2016, 03:17 PM
a_ahmed
Burning Brakes

Not too much of a fan of the rainbow shaped tint hmmm sigh... but ur black c5 looks wicked haha
Old 04-29-2016, 03:28 PM
FrostCzar
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea I would definately say the tint looked better on black than it does with the yellow contrast, but I also think it still looks better than without. Plus I might reshape it with a little tweaks to make the arch less pronounced, but for now I'm content.
Old 04-29-2016, 05:02 PM
SuperTom
Drifting

Received 181 Likes on 158 Posts

Just got finished wrapping them in dinoc a few weeks ago As I was scratching up the paint trying to get them to fit correct. Those are halos I got from aliexpress not radioflyers.

Last edited by SuperTom; 04-29-2016 at 05:02 PM.
Old 04-29-2016, 09:39 PM
TheRadioFlyer
Supporting Vendor

Received 630 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperTom
Just got finished wrapping them in dinoc a few weeks ago As I was scratching up the paint trying to get them to fit correct. Those are halos I got from aliexpress not radioflyers.

Nice! I recognize that front splitter.
Old 04-30-2016, 07:12 AM
SuperTom
Drifting

Received 181 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by TheRadioFlyer
Nice! I recognize that front splitter.
Just some simple rubber garage door stuff from home depot. Has held up for 5 years and helps with the scrapes underneath
Old 04-30-2016, 12:16 PM
a_ahmed
Burning Brakes

wow that looks surprisingly really good!

You got PM!
Old 10-10-2016, 10:25 AM
BmoreRnsDeep
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 38 Posts

What is your light output looking like, I cant for the life of me get this setup to work properly. The lights dont fit with the hid bulb without hitting the inside fender, this throws off my whole lighting. I think i will install hid kits into both of the housings.
Old 10-10-2016, 10:32 AM
BmoreRnsDeep
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 38 Posts

I posted something like this last year prepare to have your thread deleted like mine was. Anyway I still bit the bullet and ordered a kit this year at the promo price because it is still the best looking kit. It does come with cheap looking ebay ballasts. If George is going to replace them when they crap out that is fine. I will probably use my better ballasts I purchased separately for my ACA headlights. Then sell the radioflyer ballasts with my ACAs when I sell them.
All fairness to George I have to say this kit is over priced these are all Acme H1 projectors $50 a complete projector pair. Hids are really not high performing 35 watts (I am replacing them) the bulbs appear to be generic. I am sure a lot of money went into these kits but there is a reason they have so many problems. It is not on par with other radioflyer products as far as I can tell and I have tried to alter this kit until I was so frustrated i ordered the low rise projectors from Germany. As others have said this car is supposed to have popups.
Old 10-10-2016, 05:21 PM
NemesisC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 331 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by BmoreRnsDeep
All fairness to George I have to say this kit is over priced these are all Acme H1 projectors $50 a complete projector pair. Hids are really not high performing 35 watts (I am replacing them) the bulbs appear to be generic. I am sure a lot of money went into these kits but there is a reason they have so many problems. It is not on par with other radioflyer products as far as I can tell and I have tried to alter this kit until I was so frustrated i ordered the low rise projectors from Germany. As others have said this car is supposed to have popups.
Please PM me or post a picture of "the low rise projectors from Germany".

And holy cow...I thought these kits came with top shelf components like Morimoto projectors, ballasts and bulbs. No disrespect to George either however if what you posted is correct I am very surprised to learn that.

Quick Reply: Radioflyer's All-new SLC V3 Fixed headlights (R&D Thread)