Stolen zo6

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 02:54 PM
cjlaw73
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AmericanVette
You're right.

OP, sorry your car was stolen and I am glad everything worked out with your insurance.
That's the spirit.

Old 07-25-2013, 03:00 PM
tbrent
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts
2018 C5 of Year Winner

Didn't follow these links. Just looking for info to see how the OP is making out. Lots of ing in here.

Good luck OP.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:19 PM
oldschoolvette
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by kmvp860am
GREAT TO HEAR!!! Sorry for your loss!!

Hopefully you can go shopping for a replacement soon.
good luck
Old 07-25-2013, 03:25 PM
windzy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just heard from the insurance and ill be getting half the original msrp for the car. I consider that pretty damn good for a 10 year old vehicle. On top of that ill be getting money back for mods and stuff that was taken and not recovered.

I stopped reading a lot of the post cuz of the trolls but thanks again to all the people who stayed positive and gave me support.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:28 PM
cjlaw73
Race Director

Originally Posted by windzy
Just heard from the insurance and ill be getting half the original msrp for the car. I consider that pretty damn good for a 10 year old vehicle. On top of that ill be getting money back for mods and stuff that was taken and not recovered.

I stopped reading a lot of the post cuz of the trolls but thanks again to all the people who stayed positive and gave me support.
Curious - what did they base that figure on?
Old 07-25-2013, 03:41 PM
TLS_Addict
Team Owner

Received 677 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by AmericanVette
Since you brought it up.... yes that is all wrong.

You could leave your car unlocked, windows rolled down and keys in it at my church and nobody would touch your car. Can you say that for the rest of society, especially in places where people need God the most?
People dont need God. They need exterminated.

Your church is like that....my golf course is like that too. Perhaps if everyone played golf the world would be a better place.

Originally Posted by MBB
have an idea....since the world isn't perfect and most of us don't live in the 50s (or Mayberry) you protect yourself, your loved ones, and your property at ALL times.
Yup, taking precautions is a must because people cant be trusted. Sad world we live in.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:42 PM
TLS_Addict
Team Owner

Received 677 Likes on 347 Posts

Sticking with a C5 or going to grab a C6? Heck, the C7 isnt that bad priced.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:49 PM
Big Duk
Pro

OP whatever you drive, take the keys & lock it. Even for a 30 sec. outing. But you dont need to be told this! Sorry for your loss.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:58 PM
OneCylinder
Racer

St. Jude Donor '13

Great, happy for you that things are working out. There's a nice '03z that is a "forced to sell" in the classified section of CF. Anyway good luck and don't forget to take your keys.
Old 07-25-2013, 04:21 PM
windzy
Instructor

Based on the condition the car was in and what's for sale in a 50 mile radius is how they came up with the price.

Not sure what I'm going to do for my next car. Maybe a C6Z but ill wait til after the C7 hits the dealer lots and see how they effect pricing.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:05 PM
cjlaw73
Race Director

Based on the condition the car was in and what's for sale in a 50 mile radius is how they came up with the price.

Not sure what I'm going to do for my next car. Maybe a C6Z but ill wait til after the C7 hits the dealer lots and see how they effect pricing.
Yeah, same way they priced mine. Congratulations! Enjoy the step up to the C6 or C7 if you go that route.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:34 AM
wildweasel7648
Heel & Toe

I'm a teacher, and I know one thing. People make mistakes. It may be leaving keys in a car or even leaving it unlocked. Maybe it was changing lanes on a busy street and hitting someone you didn't see in the other lane. Maybe you plugged to many appliances into an outlet and burned your house to the ground. I just broke a 700 dollar TV because I thought I could reach around it to get something without knocking it off.
What was done here was a mistake, I'm sure he is being hard enough on himself without anybody stating the obvious like he shouldn't of left the keys in the car. I know that is important to acknowledge you screwed up, learn from it, and move on. As a teacher I know it is vital that I encourage my students to admit mistakes, forgive themselves, learn from them, then move on in a positive light. I'll bet this fellow does not leave his keys in his car again - even for a second! Get another Vette buddy - I'm not kicking you out of our fraternity because you made a mistake. See you on the road!

Quick Reply: Stolen zo6