Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Agreed Upon" Insurance Value...Who has it?

Old 09-29-2013, 09:40 PM
chad3113
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default "Agreed Upon" Insurance Value...Who has it?

I tried talking to a Geico rep about this and she acted like I was speaking Greek, so for those of you who have it, who do you use? What exactly is the process of having the "value" determined? Post up what you pay and what restrictions you have
Old 09-29-2013, 09:49 PM
ljorges
Burning Brakes

Received 116 Likes on 49 Posts

I use Adam through the National Corvette Museum. I sent him pictures of the car, mileage, mods, additions, etc. I have a 2003 AE Vert with mods with an agreed upon value of 30K. Can't be your daily driver, I think I have 3000 miles a year with rollover. I pay a much better rate than I did with State Farm.

Les
Old 09-29-2013, 10:22 PM
DevilDog II
Race Director

Received 888 Likes on 553 Posts
Oldtimer

Originally Posted by ljorges
I use Adam through the National Corvette Museum. I sent him pictures of the car, mileage, mods, additions, etc. I have a 2003 AE Vert with mods with an agreed upon value of 30K. Can't be your daily driver, I think I have 3000 miles a year with rollover. I pay a much better rate than I did with State Farm.

Les
Same here. I'm limited to 1,000 miles a year, which is perfect for me. Adam is a great guy to deal with.
Old 09-29-2013, 10:26 PM
pickleseimer
Drifting

Received 321 Likes on 212 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

I have 4 cars with an agreed value policy, each 3000 miles/yr, none can be a DD, underwritten by American Modern through an agent in the Northeast. I simply tell him what I want the value to be, and that's what shows up in the policy. I would think that the insurance company would object if the requested value was too far out of line.
Old 09-29-2013, 10:33 PM
Camjamsdad
Melting Slicks

Location: It's true money can't buy happiness, but it is more comfortable crying in a Corvette than on a bicyc
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Another corvette museum customer here. 3000 miles. You determine the value, they set the price. Cheap. You won't find a better deal
Old 09-29-2013, 10:38 PM
mpv96
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have it through my KY Farm Bureau fro both my 96 collector and my 72 Nova SS. Very good rates, but needed an independent appraisal, body shop professional was good enough.

I've been told agreed value isn't the best you can get. There are several types available, all very reasonable but all obviously have restraints, some more than others.
Old 09-29-2013, 10:42 PM
JaxEagle
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 09-30-2013, 12:43 AM
Clyde2
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have Hagerty on my c5 along with a 71 and 72 chev pickups both restored... purchased a very very nice c3 which I put ins. on before picking up... 56 hours later and one deer the car was a total lose, no ? asked the car was paid for at stated value and medical was covered on my friend who was hurt, simply send pics of car and value you want and done no BS.
Old 09-30-2013, 12:57 AM
whydallas
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

1999 coupe, State Farm - Dallas, un limited miles, guaranteed purchase price, $540 year, only needed pictures and purchase price.
Old 09-30-2013, 01:09 AM
zagger
Burning Brakes

Another Hagerty customer. Lol, living in SoCal they even threw in loss due to earthquake. Agreed value for under $400 per year.
Old 09-30-2013, 04:13 AM
chad3113
Instructor

Hmm interesting, it seems I'm right on that cusp of 3-4k miles per year. I guess I'll do some researching in Hagertys, from what I understand NCM has a lot of restrictions on where/when you can drive.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:40 AM
Camjamsdad
Melting Slicks

Location: It's true money can't buy happiness, but it is more comfortable crying in a Corvette than on a bicyc
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by chad3113
Hmm interesting, it seems I'm right on that cusp of 3-4k miles per year. I guess I'll do some researching in Hagertys, from what I understand NCM has a lot of restrictions on where/when you can drive.
When I researched it ncm was the least restrictive. The hardest one for some is it can't be your primary driver. You have to provide your declarations page for your daily driver.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:49 AM
tentuna
Drifting

Received 65 Likes on 54 Posts

American Collectors, had Grundy I did not have a great experience with them on my 66, so I switched so far so good.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:29 AM
thealien
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Most of these insurers require a "garage". I have a shelter logic car shelter with the heavier material (has worked great here in new england for years). Anybody know an insurer that will accept my storage type?
Old 09-30-2013, 07:38 AM
CactusCat
Melting Slicks

Received 209 Likes on 156 Posts

Adam at NCM and who I use (Leland West - lelandwest.com) are both resellers of American Modern Ins. Not sure if Haggerty is or not. However, at Leland West, I have UNLIMITED mileage which I don't think any of the others offer. Since I like to take a trip occasionally, that really helps. My cost is just under $30/month. Leland West is in California and I live in Okla and had to do all my dealing with them via the phone and email. It required sending them some pics, can't be a DD, must be stored in closed locked garage when not in use, etc. Very good insurance plan that fits my needs perfectly. I do NOT want to be constantly worrying about my mileage.

Last edited by CactusCat; 09-30-2013 at 07:42 AM.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:38 AM
thealien
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Les
Is your deductible $5000? Thats what it was when I was getting a quote. Looks like it is only worth it on total losses?
Old 09-30-2013, 08:02 AM
CactusCat
Melting Slicks

Received 209 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by thealien
Is your deductible $5000? Thats what it was when I was getting a quote. Looks like it is only worth it on total losses?
Not sure with Adam but at LW, my deductible is ZERO.

Get notified of new replies

To "Agreed Upon" Insurance Value...Who has it?

Old 09-30-2013, 08:18 AM
miltievette
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Default American Collector ins.

Originally Posted by tentuna
American Collectors, had Grundy I did not have a great experience with them on my 66, so I switched so far so good.
I have American collector also known as American Reliable ins.Co. Based in FL. for the last 10 years. Full coverage. Road side . Including towing. it has been great. Also have an agree valued. For my 2000 C5 Vert. i think its about $500 per year . 3000 miles not a DD.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:52 AM
Adam Boca
Race Director

Location: www.ncminsurance.com Bowling Green KY Home of the Corvette!
Received 126 Likes on 66 Posts
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Vet
St. Jude Donor '07-'08
NCM Sinkhole Donor

I tried talking to a Geico rep about this and she acted like I was speaking Greek, so for those of you who have it, who do you use? What exactly is the process of having the "value" determined? Post up what you pay and what restrictions you have
Give us a call, would love to chat with you! Determining value is really simple. As long as we are within market value then we are good.

Our restrictions are a lot less than any other collector car company out there. Like everyone else, we don't insure errands. We have a work endorsement that allows the occasional work usage (up to 2 times per week).

877.678.7626 or www.ncminsurance.com

Les
Thank you!!

Originally Posted by DevilDog II
Same here. I'm limited to 1,000 miles a year, which is perfect for me. Adam is a great guy to deal with.
Thank you!!

Originally Posted by pickleseimer
I have 4 cars with an agreed value policy, each 3000 miles/yr, none can be a DD, underwritten by American Modern through an agent in the Northeast. I simply tell him what I want the value to be, and that's what shows up in the policy. I would think that the insurance company would object if the requested value was too far out of line.
Great company to deal with!

Originally Posted by Camjamsdad
Another corvette museum customer here. 3000 miles. You determine the value, they set the price. Cheap. You won't find a better deal
Thank you!!

Originally Posted by mpv96
I have it through my KY Farm Bureau fro both my 96 collector and my 72 Nova SS. Very good rates, but needed an independent appraisal, body shop professional was good enough.

I've been told agreed value isn't the best you can get. There are several types available, all very reasonable but all obviously have restraints, some more than others.
Make sure that you are actually on an Agreed Value vs a Stated Value. Two VERY different payouts if you have a total loss. Most Agreed Value carriers don't require an appraisal, so this has me a tad concerned.

Originally Posted by whydallas
1999 coupe, State Farm - Dallas, un limited miles, guaranteed purchase price, $540 year, only needed pictures and purchase price.
I insure several State Farm agents in TX. They do not offer Agreed Value in TX, but it is Stated Value. VERY different type of coverage than Agreed Value. Stated Value can depreciate the value of the vehicle.

We are very flexible, and a lot less restrictive than any of our competitors. Give us a call and we can discuss. Would love to hear how you use the car and we can determine if you are a proper fit for our program.

877.678-7626

Originally Posted by Camjamsdad
When I researched it ncm was the least restrictive. The hardest one for some is it can't be your primary driver. You have to provide your declarations page for your daily driver.

Most of these insurers require a "garage". I have a shelter logic car shelter with the heavier material (has worked great here in new england for years). Anybody know an insurer that will accept my storage type?
I just looked up the Shelter Logic shelter, and we sometimes can offer coverage in alternate garaging structures, but because of the canvas type roof you wont find an agreed value carrier who can cover it. Sorry!

Originally Posted by CactusCat
Adam at NCM and who I use (Leland West - lelandwest.com) are both resellers of American Modern Ins. Not sure if Haggerty is or not. However, at Leland West, I have UNLIMITED mileage which I don't think any of the others offer. Since I like to take a trip occasionally, that really helps. My cost is just under $30/month. Leland West is in California and I live in Okla and had to do all my dealing with them via the phone and email. It required sending them some pics, can't be a DD, must be stored in closed locked garage when not in use, etc. Very good insurance plan that fits my needs perfectly. I do NOT want to be constantly worrying about my mileage.
Thank you!! We can offer Unlimited Mileage too, although why spend the money if you can pick a plan that fits your driving? Plus, we offer mileage roll over, so if you don't use all of your mileage one year, you can roll the unused miles over to the next year.

I don't think I have ever sold a $5000 deductible! Most folks get the best break at a $250 deductible...

Originally Posted by CactusCat
Not sure with Adam but at LW, my deductible is ZERO.
We can do a $0 deductible too, but most times it makes the most financial sense to have a $250 deductible.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:41 AM
MSG C5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,673 Likes on 1,479 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
2018 C5 of Year Finalist

Les
I have NCM agreed on value through Adam. Basically, I sent him pictures of my car including the mods that document the agreed on value and condition of the car.

There are restrictions, however since my convertible is a weekend, pleasure car, they are no big deal.

So far so good. I just renewed for my second year of coverage.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: "Agreed Upon" Insurance Value...Who has it?