Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hey boys....help me with my 1998 issues.

Old 10-29-2013, 09:01 AM
Higrpwd
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PhysicsDude55
You're upset that guys treated you like just a pretty face when you:

-Chose the forum name "CuteVetteGirl"

-Made sure to have your avatar as a picture of your face (instead of your car) before posting your 1st post

-Made a sexual innuendo in your first post

-Used the thread name "Hey Boys... Help Me......."

I'm not saying everyone on this forum is as thoughtful towards the opposite sex as they should be, but don't make your post centered on your femininity if you don't want people to focus on that. Also, read through the replies... only 1 single person asked for a picture of you, most people asked for a picture of the car.

Looks like you got some very good quality help very quickly, including offers for free parts to fix some of your problems. Good luck with the car, I always like to see them being enjoyed by a variety of types of people.

Not anything against her but all that is how I see it too and I am a woman. Hopefully she can just 'start over' and see all the good that is here and enjoy all the help. I have fun.. just have to skip over the stuff I dont want to read or that makes me roll my eyes.. but I'm sure there are many men that do the same. I appreciate all the help that is here. I've fixed lots of things on my car since I've been here and even stood up to the place that checked out my car when I was having it checked out to buy. I realized that they cracked, and a pretty good crack/break, my passenger rocker panel when they lifted it. Its been bugging me for weeks so after reading many posts on how to lift the cars and auto places doing it wrong I finally went back yesterday and they agreed to send me out to a body shop to have it repaired at their cost. (I have pictures of it up on the lift and they are my regular mechanic so that helped). This car is not perfect.. its stock and has its dings but its been bugging me that they did that.. I heard it crack really loud when he started lifting and they all heard it too.. I got the courage to go talk to them from all the info I received here. Its like having 900 guys behind you when you own a Corvette.. haha So I take what I want and let the rest go right over my head. There is way too much good info here.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:03 AM
Higrpwd
Instructor

Oh yeah.. I ordered jacking pucks the other day from West Coast Corvette.. should be here in a few days. They will come in handy in the next few weeks as I plan to get rid of these wagon wheels.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:05 AM
MiRatlhed
C5R
Support Corvetteforum!

Good for you!! I am glad they held themselves accountable and is fixing your ride. When I got new tires on my car I had only had it for a couple days and the jacking pucks was thankfully one thing I had read about. I asked even before they pulled it into the shop if they knew how to jack up a Vette safely. Lucky I was doing business with the store manager and he was experienced with Corvettes. He even took on the job personally and over saw the entire installation.

This forum is great! Tech info at its finest. Nothing better than a group of people getting together to make our cars great.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:06 AM
Higrpwd
Instructor

Originally Posted by MiRatlhed
Go to your UserCP at the top of the page and edit your avatar. Check your options also and make sure if you want a signature to show up that is check marked also.

Avatars need to be small, usually around 150X150 or similar size so you might need to reduce the pic before hand. PM me if you need any more help and I can walk you through it.
Thats probably the problem.. most of my pic's are high resolution. I'll work on making it smaller.. THANKS!
Old 10-29-2013, 09:06 AM
MiRatlhed
C5R
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Higrpwd
I plan to get rid of these wagon wheels.
Good idea, I agree those have to be the ugliest Corvette wheel ever.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:12 AM
Sonny71
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 107 Likes on 57 Posts
Oldtimer

Originally Posted by MiRatlhed
Go to your UserCP at the top of the page and edit your avatar. Check your options also and make sure if you want a signature to show up that is check marked also.

Avatars need to be small, usually around 150X150 or similar size so you might need to reduce the pic before hand. PM me if you need any more help and I can walk you through it.

We can all view the picture that is on your "home page". You can also add multiple pictures into an album for others to view. (See my page and the 3 albums.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:26 AM
Higrpwd
Instructor

Originally Posted by Sonny71

We can all view the picture that is on your "home page". You can also add multiple pictures into an album for others to view. (See my page and the 3 albums.
I gotta run off to work but when I click on your photos.. it brings me to a dark gray page and says there are no photos there. Not sure why but this is what I have been getting. Shoot.. I thought I was tech savy but apparently not. haha I did fix my heater control guy tho. Followed the post and soldered that puppy back so the lights all work now. Eventually I'll get the photo part down here..
Old 10-29-2013, 09:39 AM
Sonny71
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 107 Likes on 57 Posts
Oldtimer

Works fine from my side, just click on the album you want to view and all the pictures "should" appear.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:04 AM
Mike98SilVert
Team Owner

Received 3,036 Likes on 2,023 Posts

Wow, what happened here. This is not typical of the way a new member is greeted. I think it is mostly in fun. Sometimes you have to have thick skin here. People are probably just feeling you out. There are a lot of great guys/ladies here. I have made some great friends with people from this Forum over the years. So CVG, how are you enjoying you C5? Have you attempted any of the fixes yet?
Old 10-29-2013, 12:12 PM
RetiredSFC 97
Team Owner

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10, '14

Let's see here, picks name cutevettegirl, posts all of the known problems with a C5 out of sheer coincidence and asks for help like she's going to fix all of them herself?

I've seen women who can work on cars,

But I still ain't buying it.

You suckers can flirt all you want. But when you find out she has more hair on her butt than you do, don't say you weren't warned.

I've seen this type of trolling plenty in the C4 section. And a picture won't solve anything, do you know how many pictures of vettes are on the internet.

When she goes to a car show and meets members here that can vouch for whoever it is. I will say I'm sorry.

But not one second before.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:20 PM
Kreeess
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RetiredSFC 97
Let's see here, picks name cutevettegirl, posts all of the known problems with a C5 out of sheer coincidence and asks for help like she's going to fix all of them herself?

You suckers can flirt all you want. But when you find out she has more hair on her butt than you do, don't say you weren't warned.

I've seen this type of trolling plenty in the C4 section. And a picture won't solve anything, do you know how many pictures of vettes are on the internet.

When she goes to a car show and meets members here that can vouch for whoever it is. I will say I'm sorry.

Old 10-29-2013, 01:02 PM
Blow Torch
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by PhysicsDude55
You're upset that guys treated you like just a pretty face when you:

-Chose the forum name "CuteVetteGirl"

-Made sure to have your avatar as a picture of your face (instead of your car) before posting your 1st post

-Made a sexual innuendo in your first post

-Used the thread name "Hey Boys... Help Me......."

I'm not saying everyone on this forum is as thoughtful towards the opposite sex as they should be, but don't make your post centered on your femininity if you don't want people to focus on that. Also, read through the replies... only 1 single person asked for a picture of you, most people asked for a picture of the car.

Looks like you got some very good quality help very quickly, including offers for free parts to fix some of your problems. Good luck with the car, I always like to see them being enjoyed by a variety of types of people.
I was just about to make this exact post when I read yours....

Lots of hormones here that can be taken the wrong way, but it just seems odd that she can't post photo of her car but got that photo of herself to show up

I, for one, have FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE that women own, and work on Vettes. My wife has owned 4 Vettes, and has pulled carbs (her 69 vette) intakes and helps me do all the work to mine and her car, so there is ZERO discrimination in my post, but if you're serious about being a contributing member, drop the innuendos and the members will take you serious.
If you chose to post in the future, welcome to the forum.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:06 PM
camburger
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by RetiredSFC 97

DITTO....
Old 10-29-2013, 01:14 PM
Higrpwd
Instructor

Originally Posted by Kreeess
Haha
Old 10-29-2013, 01:15 PM
Kreeess
Burning Brakes

this thread is just full of fail lol
Old 10-29-2013, 01:31 PM
Camjamsdad
Melting Slicks

Location: It's true money can't buy happiness, but it is more comfortable crying in a Corvette than on a bicyc
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Blow Torch
"but it just seems odd that she can't post photo of her car but got that photo of herself to show up"
That made my decision as well.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:39 PM
c5vetteguy
Melting Slicks

Received 231 Likes on 163 Posts
2018 C5 of Year Finalist

Not a valid point. You can easily upload an avatar to CF. Posting pictures requires an outside source of storage, however.

Get notified of new replies

To hey boys....help me with my 1998 issues.

Old 10-29-2013, 01:44 PM
Kreeess
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Higrpwd
Haha
*off topic... but did you ever sort our the paint chip issues with your c5?
Old 10-29-2013, 01:48 PM
93civEJ1
Pro

Old 10-29-2013, 01:49 PM
Mike98SilVert
Team Owner

Received 3,036 Likes on 2,023 Posts

Originally Posted by Blow Torch

it just seems odd that she can't post photo of her car but got that photo of herself to show up

I, for one, have FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE that women own, and work on Vettes. My wife has owned 4 Vettes, and has pulled carbs (her 69 vette) intakes and helps me do all the work to mine and her car, so there is ZERO discrimination in my post, but if you're serious about being a contributing member, drop the innuendos and the members will take you serious.
If you chose to post in the future, welcome to the forum.

Last edited by Mike98SilVert; 10-30-2013 at 09:35 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: hey boys....help me with my 1998 issues.