Sponsored by:

Only One Headlight Goes Up After Frontend Repair

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 08:51 PM
MrMojoRisin921
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Only One Headlight Goes Up After Frontend Repair

Need a little help here. I recently had a guy cut in front of me and basically tore the left front of my car off. Had the body shop repair it and now my right side headlight won't come up. It worked when I first got it back, then stopped, took it back and they reviewed all the connections and the wire harness and it worked again, then the next day the right side stopped again. Of course since I am dealing with insurance work, the shop said since the damage was on the left side they might not pay for the fix since it is the right side. Here are the facts:

-I never had any issues with my right headlight going up or down, no grinding noise, so don't believe it is the gear.

-I have HID's and had a couple of times when the lights wouldn't go back down, but that was both headlights and only happened like twice in 3 years of having the HID's.

-The body shop had to replace the whole left side headlight unit and I notice the motor on the left is different than the right one, in that the it is thinner (replacement unit was a used part). Is there compatibility issues with different year headlight motors?

Anyone every have an issue like this or any idea what is going on here? I appreciate any feedback you may be able to give.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Only One Headlight Goes Up After Frontend Repair