Z06 Killer Bee is, well....killer. - Page 2 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] Killer Bee is, well....killer.

Old 12-11-2015, 11:01 AM
03 Z-oh-6
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by garrettg View Post
Tuning on this is not a choice, it requires the purchase of a ls3/ls7 maf so its an requirement that a tune is needed to map out this new maf into the c5 ecu. All other cai using the stock maf like the blackwing don't require a tune but its highly recommended otherwise you will be running very rich during power enrichment mode which is 60%+ throttle situations and may get the occasional lean code if you don't tune. Even a stock filtered c5 z06 will benefit from a tune, so if you make changes even say a kn filter in place of the stock filter a tune would be advised. There are mail order options if you don't want to spend the money for a local dyno tune. If you want to monitor how much you car is trying to compensate from any cai or air filter mod get the torque andriod app and a blue tooth odb2 module and look at the short and long term fuel trims.
Thanks! My '03 z06 came with the blackwing. I have the Torque app. Gonna buy a dongle and check my fuel trims. If I'm running right, I would be down on power?
Old 12-11-2015, 11:26 AM
garrettg
CF Member

Depends how much its compensating, you will see when you go wot a look at the ltft as its added to the already enriched pe mode, I don't think you will be down anything noticeable from stock but there is more power that could be had if tuned correctly to maximize the blackwing modification. The supporting vendors of this forum imo offer a fair deal for a mail order tune for simple modifications like a cai, all you do is send in your ecu and they send it back tuned.
Old 12-11-2015, 12:01 PM
03 Z-oh-6
CF Senior Member

Depends how much its compensating, you will see when you go wot a look at the ltft as its added to the already enriched pe mode, I don't think you will be down anything noticeable from stock but there is more power that could be had if tuned correctly to maximize the blackwing modification. The supporting vendors of this forum imo offer a fair deal for a mail order tune for simple modifications like a cai, all you do is send in your ecu and they send it back tuned.
Thanks. What's the target range for LTFT's at WOT, +3 to -3?
Old 12-11-2015, 12:20 PM
garrettg
CF Member

That would be really good, its hard to put a exact figure on it. Above +15 or higher would be a good candidate for a tune imo.
Old 12-13-2015, 08:15 PM
CTD
CF Senior Member

IAT sensor curve & cylinder charge temperature bias/filter should be tables should be modified for the LS3/7 card MAF.

Just commenting for future search & reference to this thread.
Old 12-14-2015, 11:48 AM
03 Z-oh-6
CF Senior Member

That would be really good, its hard to put a exact figure on it. Above +15 or higher would be a good candidate for a tune imo.
Saw +17 to +19 LTFT's at WOT. Time for a tune.
Old 12-14-2015, 02:44 PM
WannaC5Z
CF Senior Member

Is this really any added benefit on a stock C5Z? I've got the SLP Blackwing currently.
Old 12-15-2015, 12:50 PM
03 Z-oh-6
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by SKMCOBRA View Post
Is this really any added benefit on a stock C5Z? I've got the SLP Blackwing currently.
As I stated above, I just have a blackwing as well and my LTFT's @ WOT are off. A tune would definitely be worth it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] Killer Bee is, well....killer.

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: