Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I eligable for a test drive?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 03:06 PM
ThaChief216
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A test drive on a vette will usually depend on showing how seroius of a buyer you are. The salesman at my local Chevy dealer was a dbag and he said, "only seroius buyers with OUR bank preapproval can test drive vettes." I was leaving when the owner's son (he's about my age) asked why I was leaving I told him. I pulled a blank check out from my credit union, a pay stub, and $5000 out of my pocket and said I'll buy anything I want if I like and $$ is right. His attitude changed real quick and it went from no go to which 3 do u like the best to test drive. Drove 2010 Grand Sport, 2014 Stingray, and 2003 Z06. I liked the Z06 and while I could afford the other 2 cars I stayed with what I thought was a sensible payment. Be polite but if they give you any problems tell them there are always other places you can find a corvette and get it serviced.

Last edited by ThaChief216; 04-18-2014 at 03:12 PM.
Old 04-18-2014, 04:42 PM
Na4now
Racer

Originally Posted by tro209
Thanks,
Awesome to hear your on your 2nd vette. You do serve a good point though... if i can serve my country like an adult, pay taxes like an adult, then I should have every right to drive a used sports car
Currently on my third vette. 33yrs old now

Don't be like this guy... I've sold cars for a living, nothing worse than joyriders with no money. I'd suggest waiting 2 months until you are serious about buying any car whether it's a corvette or not with finances in place before taking joy rides. Like others have said you can reach out to other members if you just want to see if the car is for you. If you do goto the dealership don't be shocked if they want to send a salesman with you on the ride.
Did this when I was 13-14. Did a lot of other stupid stuff too, like toilet papering houses, shoplifting, and spying on my sister's friends while they were changing!

Now,... I've owned a used car business for the past 4 yrs.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:34 PM
stephenjpauls
6th Gear

Default How I used to get a car off the lot for a test drive

Not that I’m suggesting you do the same stuff I did when I was a kid.

Around that age I would go to dealerships and tell them that I was about to graduate, and I was trying to pick out my graduation present. A few things I did was to dress like I had money & complain about my parents not being willing to pay for a car X which was much more money & I made it clear they could clearly afford (not that any of this was true).

I never went to a junk lot, always a respectable dealership in the best parts of town… they tended to buy the story much more.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:06 PM
bj1k
Le Mans Master

Received 375 Likes on 293 Posts

If I was selling any high performance sports car to anyone under 25 I would offer to take them for a ride . Then when I saw a down payment to see they were serious I would let them drive it with me in the car with them. Take it or leave it ! I have had people try to beat those kind of cars with me in with them. Needless to say I drove back. One guy bought the car, turns out the other guy wanting another car didn't even have a job yet.
Old 04-21-2014, 12:46 PM
AngryTurtle
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Its a 10+ year old car worth under $20k. The salesman probably wont care.

Quick Reply: Am I eligable for a test drive?