Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] Pioneer Appradio in C5? Will it fit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 11:32 AM
Cool_Breese
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pioneer Appradio in C5? Will it fit?

I did a search and saw only one thread on this, but it was for the Appradio 2. I'm not sure if the screen is the same size on those. My father wants to put something like this in his Z, but the car audio store is saying that they will have to cut parts of the dash and relocate the AC controls. His Vette is an 02 with dual climate control. Does anyone have any experience with putting a radio like this or similar into a C5 Vette?

Thanks,
Old 04-20-2014, 12:19 PM
aaronc7
Drifting

Received 297 Likes on 235 Posts

They are all Double DIN in size. FYI there is an Appradio 3 now as well. Phone integration is getting better and better with time... I would opt for the latest version (3 in this case).

Just a quick google search brought this up.... you're basically going to want something that replaces the whole bezel.

http://shop.doubledmods.com/C5-Corve...Bezel_c602.htm
Old 04-21-2014, 08:39 AM
Cool_Breese
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aaronc7
They are all Double DIN in size. FYI there is an Appradio 3 now as well. Phone integration is getting better and better with time... I would opt for the latest version (3 in this case).

Just a quick google search brought this up.... you're basically going to want something that replaces the whole bezel.

http://shop.doubledmods.com/C5-Corve...Bezel_c602.htm
Thanks for the reply. It doesn't look like it will require a whole lot of work. I didn't think what the stereo shop was telling him was right.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:41 PM
envyz06
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You will need a Double din bezel with DDMods will do for you. They also sell the radios and mounting brackets need to do the complete install.
Old 04-21-2014, 04:50 PM
onspeed
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Cool_Breese
Thanks for the reply. It doesn't look like it will require a whole lot of work. I didn't think what the stereo shop was telling him was right.
They're right. The AC controls get moved down a bit. Requires a little bit of cutting and glassing of the bezel.

Get notified of new replies

To Pioneer Appradio in C5? Will it fit?

Quick Reply: [Z06] Pioneer Appradio in C5? Will it fit?