Sponsored by:

Time to Vent .....

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 04:51 AM
crazystevex
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by CINNEMAN
So since they make the site free they can sell crap products? They are only a part of why its free, there are a lot of members that pay the fee to be on here as well, but bottom line is crappy workmanship and shady business practices should not be allowed or tolerated at all. and vendors like this should not be allowed to be a part of corvette forum regardless.

And anytime you say anything bad about a vendor or an over price product that was complete junk for the money everyone looks at you like your the a$$hole in the room...

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't mind paying higher prices for high quality parts/mods but when they totally fail to live up to the hype by a long shot it's just bs.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:42 AM
chuckeb84
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by crazystevex

And anytime you say anything bad about a vendor or an over price product that was complete junk for the money everyone looks at you like your the a$$hole in the room...

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't mind paying higher prices for high quality parts/mods but when they totally fail to live up to the hype by a long shot it's just bs.
I've been waiting weeks for parts that I didn't find out were unavailable until I called them!!
Rating system for vendors is a must
Old 04-21-2014, 07:43 AM
Black 02
Safety Car

Received 427 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by crazystevex

I got a warning for suggesting a free way of doing something here. It was in the general section and I was told I was interfering with a for sale thread. Ended up being reversed but still can't believe that it happened in the first place.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:49 AM
cessna10
cesssna10
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

I just purchased new seat covers and foam from vette essentials
and everything fit perfectly. They were a pleasure to work with.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:54 AM
4XLR8N
Le Mans Master
Pro Mechanic

Received 1,651 Likes on 1,208 Posts

James:

We've all been there at one time or another...and it sucks for sure.

Many vendors use the power of the internet (including CF) to build their businesses. But...it is a double-edged sword and those that sell junk, have shady business practices, etc. CAN and SHOULD be called out in forums like this. That isn't unfair to anyone - it's the real world.

Nobody is perfect and no business is either. It's how a company responds when there is a problem that makes ALL the difference.

I would first give the Vendor a fair opportunity to resolve this issue to your satisfaction. If they do, come on here and give them props. If they do not, come on here and give 'em h*ll.

All of us potential customers here on CF would love to know whether or not this is a Vendor we should support in the future.

Thanks and good luck!
Old 04-21-2014, 09:36 AM
DBRASUE
Drifting

Originally Posted by Black 02
I got a warning for suggesting a free way of doing something here. It was in the general section and I was told I was interfering with a for sale thread. Ended up being reversed but still can't believe that it happened in the first place.
I received a warning too for suggesting were to purchase the same item locally for less.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:11 AM
chuckeb84
Pro

Originally Posted by DBRASUE
I received a warning too for suggesting were to purchase the same item locally for less.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:13 AM
CQRT
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 295 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by old stingray
Send it back.
Agree-- why keep an inferior product ?

I got mine from RPI - - it's held with tape and screwing the underside back on - - took less than 10 minutes start to finish.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:27 AM
jrose7004
Team Owner

Received 1,674 Likes on 1,297 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

I'd send it back! Surely they'll cheerfully refund your money!
Old 04-21-2014, 12:06 PM
c5vetteguy
Melting Slicks

Received 231 Likes on 163 Posts
2018 C5 of Year Finalist

It's possible that you were sent the wrong item. Did you contact the vendor about this?
Old 04-21-2014, 03:07 PM
norcalace
Burning Brakes

Received 234 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Vetteman Jack
Because they pay to keep this site free for all of us. It's been covered many times on here.

And James, I agree with you - the fit of that console cover is terrible. Hope you can get it to work.
Where do you think the vendors get the money "to keep this site free"?
Old 04-21-2014, 03:40 PM
vettestream
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would just send it back man. At least it's not a very expensive (relatively) accessory.

I hear what you are saying though I have bad experiences with a couple major companies that people on here love.... In each case I reached out to the vendor(s) only to be let down, and just made it work, sometimes through modification (but it added a significant cost to my purchase). Definitely left a bad taste in my mouth.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:57 PM
Sengdemund
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Probably a Redline cover. Had the same issue with it being a bit "undersized" and they could definitely use a tad more material. If you leave it out in the sun you can stretch it a bit more. Make sure you take the inner cover off and staple it on.

The positive side to all of it is it wont end up being a loose, wrinkly, over sized piece of trash like the many of the covers I've seen on the forum are

Old 04-21-2014, 03:59 PM
srs244
Safety Car

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by 4XLR8N
James:

We've all been there at one time or another...and it sucks for sure.

Many vendors use the power of the internet (including CF) to build their businesses. But...it is a double-edged sword and those that sell junk, have shady business practices, etc. CAN and SHOULD be called out in forums like this. That isn't unfair to anyone - it's the real world.

Nobody is perfect and no business is either. It's how a company responds when there is a problem that makes ALL the difference.

I would first give the Vendor a fair opportunity to resolve this issue to your satisfaction. If they do, come on here and give them props. If they do not, come on here and give 'em h*ll.

All of us potential customers here on CF would love to know whether or not this is a Vendor we should support in the future.

Thanks and good luck!

not to take the side of the vendor, but they should be given the opportunity to make it right after you notify them of the problem. obviously at that point the burden is on them to satisfy their customer assuming the problem is a legit one (which it obviously appears to be in this case based on your photos of the product received). if they are non responsive or basically tell you tough s**t, then you have the obligation to call them out. paying with a credit card is always your friend and filing a claim with your card is always a option if you can't get any satisfaction. good luck i hope the vendor holds up their end of the deal and makes you whole with a good product or a refund of your expenditures
Old 04-21-2014, 08:12 PM
James2002z06
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

After 3 emails and 2 phone calls to Redline , you'll have made no attempt to get a hold of me over this poor product ...
It will be the last product that I buy from the forum... I should have known better seeing that your goods come from Poland ...
But thanks for the patterns , I'll send you the pics of a real product
Old 04-21-2014, 08:42 PM
Evilash
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If I received all of the lug nuts promised from another forum vendor as being shipped I'd have 80 of them.
I think some of these guys just don't have a good system in place to perform as expected.
Old 04-21-2014, 08:44 PM
James2002z06
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Default You nailed it ....

Originally Posted by Evilash
If I received all of the lug nuts promised from another forum vendor as being shipped I'd have 80 of them.
I think some of these guys just don't have a good system in place to perform as expected.
Most are middle men

Get notified of new replies

To Time to Vent .....

Old 04-21-2014, 08:48 PM
Silverbullet00
Race Director

Location: Norman Oklahoma - The Only State in the Union with no Blue Counties!
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by James2002z06
After 3 emails and 2 phone calls to Redline , you'll have made no attempt to get a hold of me over this poor product ...
It will be the last product that I buy from the forum... I should have known better seeing that your goods come from Poland ...
But thanks for the patterns , I'll send you the pics of a real product

Sorry buddy! I feel your pain. Been burned a few times myself.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:49 PM
jlaw1313@comcast.net
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Sengdemund
Probably a Redline cover. Had the same issue with it being a bit "undersized" and they could definitely use a tad more material. If you leave it out in the sun you can stretch it a bit more. Make sure you take the inner cover off and staple it on.

The positive side to all of it is it wont end up being a loose, wrinkly, over sized piece of trash like the many of the covers I've seen on the forum are

I just did not expect the lid install to take two hours. I could bounce quarters on it and hit the roof liner. Another hour for the e-brake cover. Shift boot and e-brake boot are perfect. A lot of tedious work but the end result is top notch.
Vararam install taught me how to except different levels of perfection and patience.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:05 PM
Silicone
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Over 2 weeks now and my order for front adjustment bolts are still showing pending from a forum vendor.

Last edited by Silicone; 04-21-2014 at 11:36 PM.

Quick Reply: Time to Vent .....