Bored with the looks... thinking some vinyl

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 02:33 PM
dquagliaroli
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 2ooo-C5
That's what I am talking about... love it.

I love where you numbers are... For a second I was ready to move mine.
I can't, I have break ducts there.
Great look! Makes a statement without over dong it.
Old 04-27-2014, 02:49 PM
jrose7004
Team Owner

Received 1,675 Likes on 1,298 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Perhaps... but I have used this forum for years and typically you get attacked if you customize a vette. There is some weird rule with the users of this forum and bashing anyone who does not put a vette in a glass box in a museum.

I don't care anymore. I very seldom post, actual only a few per year.

I let them all bash and wait for the few post that are worth a darn.

You should see what happens if you ask about super charger kits.
I promise I will never bring those up in this forum.
I see that you've been a member here just over a year.
Old 04-27-2014, 02:50 PM
2ooo-C5
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by jrose7004
I see that you've been a member here just over a year.
not going to get into that... this screen name is only a year old.

You just proved my point... you decided to see what you could pick apart.
This forum loves picking people apart, but it is the largest corvette forum and has some great members.
Mr Bill is a great asset.

Last edited by 2ooo-C5; 04-27-2014 at 02:57 PM.
Old 04-27-2014, 03:35 PM
ROBCAR
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

""Perhaps... but I have used this forum for years and typically you get attacked if you customize a vette. There is some weird rule with the users of this forum and bashing anyone who does not put a vette in a glass box in a museum.""

You hit the nail on the head. Don't ask for advice on this forum. 80% of these guys spend more time staring at their car than driving it. Do what you feel like doing and screw everyone else.
Old 04-27-2014, 03:44 PM
JR-01
Le Mans Master

Received 1,063 Likes on 805 Posts

Originally Posted by ROBCAR
""Perhaps... but I have used this forum for years and typically you get attacked if you customize a vette. There is some weird rule with the users of this forum and bashing anyone who does not put a vette in a glass box in a museum.""

You hit the nail on the head. Don't ask for advice on this forum. 80% of these guys spend more time staring at their car than driving it. Do what you feel like doing and screw everyone else.
I don't see that at all. It doesn't matter what you do.......leave it stock or modify it, there is always someone that will trash you for it. As for advice, ask a question and you will get a hundred different opinions. That's why we are here, isn't it? Everyone has there own ideas about what Corvettes mean to them.
Old 04-27-2014, 04:41 PM
2ooo-C5
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JR-01
I don't see that at all. It doesn't matter what you do.......leave it stock or modify it, there is always someone that will trash you for it. As for advice, ask a question and you will get a hundred different opinions. That's why we are here, isn't it? Everyone has there own ideas about what Corvettes mean to them.
I am only saying this because there are so many senior members reading this thread...

I started using this forum 4 or 5 years ago when I bought a C4. (different screen name)

I immediately felt there was something different about this forum.
I am very active in several other forums. I use this one very carefully
and only for very specific reasons. I have found very few other forums that trash like this one.

I have spoken to several members of NCCC and they agree. This forum has a wealth of knowledge
and a few great members. I thank those members for there role. However this forum has more
people who just like to bash. Its a forum... who really cares.
Takes a while to get use to but whatever...

If I am bored and looking for something to do and ideas this is a great place to post a thread.
No other forum would have caused this much talk about a sticker... really, its a sticker
you peel it off if you don't like it.

So where are the other racers... I know last year there were a few. If they left where did they go?
Old 04-27-2014, 05:23 PM
jrose7004
Team Owner

Received 1,675 Likes on 1,298 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

I'm not picking you apart fact is I don't care what you do to your car but you were saying that you had been a member for years and don't post much but it says on your signature that you signed up in March of 2013. Just an observation, that's all.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:20 AM
2ooo-C5
Burning Brakes

here is what I ended up doing...

Old 05-06-2014, 10:25 AM
JR-01
Le Mans Master

Received 1,063 Likes on 805 Posts

Tastefully done. Looks ready for the track.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:05 AM
2ooo-C5
Burning Brakes

Thanks, have a race this Saturday.
Will post a pict when I get the slicks on it.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:22 AM
MrGary2011
Burning Brakes

Received 233 Likes on 109 Posts

got a better idea?
Looks like you already crossed the line! What's with the numbers on the front (tel no. is case stolen you cab get a thank you note - just kidding)
If its a track car, which looks like it, plaster it with whatever, if its to remain a picture of beauty - get rid of the lettering.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:23 AM
MrGary2011
Burning Brakes

Received 233 Likes on 109 Posts

Ah, race car. I like it.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:24 AM
2ooo-C5
Burning Brakes

Its a track car.

That is My Rocky Mountain Region Driver Number. Its not a phone number.
Not sure why people think phone numbers start with letters.
But I get that all the time.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:25 AM
cessna10
cesssna10
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by 2ooo-c5
that's what i am talking about... Love it.

I love where you numbers are... For a second i was ready to move mine.
I can't, i have break ducts there.
leo magnet
Old 05-06-2014, 11:47 AM
chad3113
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MotoJB
So, let me get this straight...you want your "racecar" to look more like a racecar?

IMO, start with some body mods (flared fenders, front/rear spoiler, hood, etc...for example), consider some new rims (those look more cheesy car-show bling than "racecar" function) and maybe even some sort of a tasteful graphics/stripes package.

Adding billboard wording across your windshield or side of the car certainly won't achieve your supposedly desired outcome. Then it would just be a "plain"/"boring" Vette with another goofy lettering/sticker kit.

Getting a car to "look" more like a functional racecar costs $$.
This ^ I don't think the problem is the decals per say, but the execution. It clearly looks as though you did them as an afterthought (which you did) and therefore it doesn't "flow".

This is actually what I do for a living (own a sign and graphics business) and what I tell my customers is to do the ENTIRE car as a package, at the same time. Trying to piece graphics together will ALWAYS look like you just slapped decals on...

And if you're trying to promote your business, you need to make your car appeal to the masses while still fitting your taste. Why? Because if the general public doesn't think your car looks good, or worse yet looks bad, it will hurt your business more than help it, trust me on this.
Old 05-06-2014, 12:10 PM
2ooo-C5
Burning Brakes

afterthought? I spent months deciding what I wanted.

I planned and mocked them all out in photoshop first and had the public
tell me what they thought of them.

99.9% of the people outside this forum love them. My father also dislikes them.

I like the placement, all are lined up very well with attention to body lines.

The angle of the stripes is off, not my fault Those are the only decals I had a shop do.
I plan on redoing them, but the Oracle Bronze Metallic is $108. So I am not in a
hurry to pay that for a 4" strip that is off about 10 degrees.
The letters even curve with the body flow

The 98 is off about 1/8 inch, I'm still learning to apply these.
This was my first attempt at installation and it slid a little higher then I wanted.

I would love to know more about applying these and making them curve better.
Since you own a shop maybe you can give me some pointers for getting the new stripes
to make that compound curve.

Do you have any oracle 651 Bronze Metallic #921?
If so sell me a foot or so. I don't want to buy a full roll.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:41 PM
onlyavette
Pro

I simply would not want to own this version.
Car is to plain, to old looking and simply boring to me.

What is good for you isn't necessarily good for me.

Get notified of new replies

To Bored with the looks... thinking some vinyl

Old 05-06-2014, 06:39 PM
CactusCat
Melting Slicks

Received 209 Likes on 156 Posts

Here's the bottom line on all of this conversation. I stated almost the same thing in another thread. What YOU think of your stuff is WAY more important than what others think of your stuff. I am positive that MY opinion of my stuff is WAY more important than your opinion of MY stuff. The only time its ok to "bash" or "put down" someone else's stuff is if someone asks your opinion, then its ok to say exactly what you think. However, my Dad taught me that if I didn't have something positive to say, just keep it to myself. I've done that all my life and it's worked very well. Example: I can't stand tattoos. I think its a form of "look at me since I can't get attention other ways". But I always keep my mouth shut. It's their taste and not mine. It doesn't affect me in any way, shape or form. Nothing to be gained by me belittling their choice. So to the OP, I say, enjoy your ride and do as you please. Its your car and its to please you and no one else.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:54 PM
onlyavette
Pro

Originally Posted by CactusCat
Here's the bottom line on all of this conversation. I stated almost the same thing in another thread. What YOU think of your stuff is WAY more important than what others think of your stuff. I am positive that MY opinion of my stuff is WAY more important than your opinion of MY stuff. The only time its ok to "bash" or "put down" someone else's stuff is if someone asks your opinion, then its ok to say exactly what you think. However, my Dad taught me that if I didn't have something positive to say, just keep it to myself. I've done that all my life and it's worked very well. Example: I can't stand tattoos. I think its a form of "look at me since I can't get attention other ways". But I always keep my mouth shut. It's their taste and not mine. It doesn't affect me in any way, shape or form. Nothing to be gained by me belittling their choice. So to the OP, I say, enjoy your ride and do as you please. Its your car and its to please you and no one else.
Like I said," what is good for you isn't necessarily good for me." I really like my tattoos and I really like my plain unatulterated c5.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:13 PM
Spider Vette
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I think I have seen about 5 threads today with the same Undertone lol. Just shocked at how many people will Roast an Idea or car if they did something New/Different!!! It's your Money OP & I think it looks fine. Not my exact style but still looks fine. I'm Glad your out there doing something Different to your ride & Enjoying it. Hell I love when the Old Timers Buy a New Vette & Leave it stock in the Garage & let it sit & Lose Value then I can Buy a almost Brand new Vette for a Great Low price. Then with the Money I saved I can change it & Customize it to fit my taste. Looking for a C6 that's worth 50% of what it was new now to Change up lol. I love my c5 & Kudos too doing you. This site is Fun & will always be watched & Protected by it's Internet Thugs & Road Scholars on Corvettes lol. Make One Mistake & Boom!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They will be on you like a German Shepherd chasing a criminal.

http://oak.ctx.ly/r/10cbw Link too car pick I just seen.

Last edited by Spider Vette; 05-06-2014 at 08:20 PM.

Quick Reply: Bored with the looks... thinking some vinyl