Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anxiety attack - Should I back out of this?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 02:26 PM
Koufax
Drifting

Received 194 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by 3boystoys
. How much is this thing?
Getting personal aren't you? It's about $21k. 51k miles on the clock.
Old 07-08-2014, 02:30 PM
3boystoys
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Koufax
Getting personal aren't you? It's about $21k. 51k miles on the clock.
Man, I'd sell my 01' vert for about that and it has ZERO issues and less mileage. RUN FOREST RUN.
Old 07-08-2014, 02:36 PM
Koufax
Drifting

The 1214 WILL COME BACK!!! Really sounds like your trying to talk yourself into this nightmare. Water in the trunk is NEVER a good sign.
I'm not trying to talk myself into anything. If I were, I wouldn't have asked for advice here.

The water is not in the trunk, it is in the cubby behind the passenger seat. Not that that's any better, but it seems to me indicative of a leaky roof, not body work. I have no desire to have a leaky roof, but I'm just pointing that out.
Old 07-08-2014, 02:44 PM
Koufax
Drifting

Man, I'd sell my 01' vert for about that and it has ZERO issues and less mileage. RUN FOREST RUN.
This forum is funny when it comes to price. I posted a WTB on the C5 for sale forum indicating I'd go up to $24k and I got exactly one response. (I am still in touch with him and may well end up going in his direction.) When someone says that they are going to pay $XX, everyone says that's way too much. Then when folks list their cars for sale here, the prices are MUCH higher.

RUN FOREST RUN is a great line, though. Thanks for that. I may well do just that. I am going to see what other advice I get and then sleep on it.

Last edited by Koufax; 07-08-2014 at 02:45 PM. Reason: typo
Old 07-08-2014, 03:52 PM
racebum
Race Director

Received 153 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Koufax
This forum is funny when it comes to price. I posted a WTB on the C5 for sale forum indicating I'd go up to $24k and I got exactly one response. (I am still in touch with him and may well end up going in his direction.) When someone says that they are going to pay $XX, everyone says that's way too much. Then when folks list their cars for sale here, the prices are MUCH higher.

RUN FOREST RUN is a great line, though. Thanks for that. I may well do just that. I am going to see what other advice I get and then sleep on it.
it's a weird market, always has been

i didn't even look on the forum when i was shopping. just too much weird here. on ebay and craigslist people sell.

too many waxers on this board that i swear, sometimes post ads just to see the responses

Quick Reply: Anxiety attack - Should I back out of this?