Location: Reno is so close to Hell you can see Sparks , State Of Confusion
Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

Depends....
Old 01-24-2015, 04:16 PM
Mac-427
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 8 Posts

I carry a Wilson Combat, 1911 45 caliber either compact or full size in an inside the waist band holster. I carry all day every day. My approach when in my vehicle is to put my shoulder belt under the butt of the gun and my shirt pulled up so I have immediate access. I like having the firearm on my body because I always know where it is. I've had lots of tactical training and have a concealed carry license. Virtually every instructor tells us to carry at all times if we have the license and the weapon. That is what I, and my wife do. She carries a 1911 concealed in a waistband holster. We are not paranoid, just prepared.
Old 01-24-2015, 04:20 PM
MotoJB
Le Mans Master

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by grantv
I'm not anti-gun if I'm one you're referring to. I'm just saying I prefer to live where having a gun in the hands of many people is not common. Here it is illegal to carry a loaded gun in your car, on your person... better IMHO. That's all. No offense intended.
...and I'm sure the criminals love that.

I'd personally much rather have the option to arm myself.

Even though we have the most guns per capita, we're one of the lowest for actual gun murders. (ranked like #211 on the most recent list I believe). That's only 4 out of every 1000 people. This is also severely sku'd due to inner city murder rates that are astronomically higher than the rest of the country. In fact, one of "the gun capitals" of the US - Plano TX - has a gun murder rate of like .4 out of 1000 people. Interesting, isn't it?

The fact is, there is an extremely uninformed and negatively biased view of legal gun ownership rates and the connection to crime/murder in the US. Far from reality here.

I feel safer in Plano where everyone has guns, than some of the big cities where gun ownership and concealed carry is extremely restricted.

Originally Posted by grantv
...happy that I live in Canada.
Us too then...
Old 01-24-2015, 04:55 PM
zdeckich
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 231 Posts
2017 Corvette of Year Finalist
2016 C5 of the Year

my new toy, just a plain Kimber Ultra Carry II and when in the car its in the center console. If not of course I carry.

Old 01-24-2015, 05:11 PM
MotoJB
Le Mans Master

Nice heaters everyone has here...

My latest...always wanted some snub revolvers so i bought 4 of them. LOL. 3 pictured here. My wife looked at me like I was a nut when I was setting up this photo on the kitchen table. Ha, ha.

Old 01-24-2015, 06:09 PM
zdeckich
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 231 Posts
2017 Corvette of Year Finalist
2016 C5 of the Year

Originally Posted by MotoJB
Nice heaters everyone has here...

My latest...always wanted some snub revolvers so i bought 4 of them. LOL. 3 pictured here. My wife looked at me like I was a nut when I was setting up this photo on the kitchen table. Ha, ha.

lol my wife said the same thing. I also wanted a snub nose revolver but I went cheap and for whatever crazy reason always wanted a 44mag so I got the Rossi 44mag lol.

Old 01-24-2015, 06:17 PM
MotoJB
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by zdeckich
lol my wife said the same thing. I also wanted a snub nose revolver but I went cheap and for whatever crazy reason always wanted a 44mag so I got the Rossi 44mag lol.

LOL...nice, Rossi's are good! I decided to stay all Smith's and found them all like new, used off a local forum. Saved a bunch that way. Heck, I haven't even shot the .44 yet! Looking forward to trying it out and watching the resulting fireball.
Old 01-24-2015, 06:21 PM
C5Wolfe
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.Bill
Depends....
Great minds think alike Bill!

Last edited by C5Wolfe; 01-24-2015 at 06:27 PM.
Old 01-24-2015, 06:48 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

Received 3,812 Likes on 1,925 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Default Concealed carry 45 ACP

IM too old and too sick to handle a young bad guy < IM too 0ld to dance with a 280 lb druggie carrying 3 round in him from a 9mm and just more pissed off.. So Since my surgeries 18 month a ago I don't leave home without my Kimber Combat defense package 45 ACP..

Summer carry ( i'm left handed , its in there ) Cargo shorts in the left pocket, Modified Mikes #3 pocket holster

Winter carry: jeans or winter jacket pocket, with my own design pocket carry holster.

this shot is showing the grip of the Kimber slightly, to show its in there but normally is completely hidden. If potential trouble is experience I look like an Old guy walking with his hands in his pocket.. no one gets alarmed, but I'm ready to go With hand around the grip.. trigger is completely covered while in the pocket holster..

Old 01-24-2015, 07:02 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Ill apply the old adage. I would rather have it and not need it then need it and not have it... in 40 years I had to draw my weapon twice, once an attempted robbery ( One man )and the other was an attempted mugging .( three men , one with a baseball bat ) Fortunately for me.. no one died, and no lawyers involved.

Last edited by Evil-Twin; 01-24-2015 at 07:16 PM.
Old 01-24-2015, 07:25 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Originally Posted by 66dts-v
I was not born until '71, so that would not have been possible.

I would just rather not have it, nor need it myself. My ex has a CC license, I asked her to never tell me when she decided to carry because I would rather not know someone is packing than know there is a live gun in he area.

I just hope to god you and your wife never need to use it.
If your EX has a CC she must not live in Oregon .. Because there is no conceal carry in Oregon.. there is however a license to carry... Oregon is an Open carry state meaning if you have a license to carry you can carry open or concealed, just like we have in PA.
Old 01-24-2015, 08:04 PM
MotoJB
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Evil-Twin
IM too old and too sick to handle a young bad guy < IM too 0ld to dance with a 280 lb druggie carrying 3 round in him from a 9mm and just more pissed off.. So Since my surgeries 18 month a ago I don't leave home without my Kimber Combat defense package 45 ACP..

Summer carry ( i'm left handed , its in there ) Cargo shorts in the left pocket, Modified Mikes #3 pocket holster

Winter carry: jeans or winter jacket pocket, with my own design pocket carry holster.

this shot is showing the grip of the Kimber slightly, to show its in there but normally is completely hidden. If potential trouble is experience I look like an Old guy walking with his hands in his pocket.. no one gets alarmed, but I'm ready to go With hand around the grip.. trigger is completely covered while in the pocket holster..

Ok, so my gun posing pics are a bit silly but is it just me or does ET's post come off slightly crazy? I didn't realize there were people who spent time taking concealed carry pictures like that.

Anyhow, as for your comment about the 9mm...I do love my .45's and I'd prefer a .45 over a 9mm in most situations but for a carry gun, 9mm options are hard to beat.

Bullet designs these days are showing the penetration and wound cavities for 9mm that are more than adequate for the task.

Check out the Lehigh XP Extreme Penetrator ammo for example...making .380 and 9mm pocket pistols much more effective.

Personally, I don't see any 280lb perp, high on drugs, taking 3 9mm XP's to the chest and still fighting.
Old 01-24-2015, 08:58 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Ok, so my gun posing pics are a bit silly but is it just me or does ET's post come off slightly crazy? I didn't realize there were people who spent time taking concealed carry pictures like that.

Anyhow, as for your comment about the 9mm...I do love my .45's and I'd prefer a .45 over a 9mm in most situations but for a carry gun, 9mm options are hard to beat.

A 9mm is a great caliber... it can get the job done, but for me.. and my health, why use a tack hammer when you can deliver a blow from a sledge hammer. Seriously, the big part of carrying, is the confidence your weapon gives you.. the 45 gives me more confidence then anything else I own... I live my Smith and Wesson model 29 nickel 357, and my Colt Python nickel 6 inch 357.. but they are heavy and they can be too aggressive in the area of collateral damage. I've carried 22's, 25 acp, 38 sp, 380 ACP, 357 mag, 9mm, 44 mag. and 45 ACP. IN fact the Python was used to defend myself against three guys who didn't like the fact I was white and had a Corvette.

Bullet designs these days are showing the penetration and wound cavities for 9mm that are more than adequate for the task.

Check out the Lehigh XP Extreme Penetrator ammo for example...making .380 and 9mm pocket pistols much more effective.

Personally, I don't see any 280lb perp, high on drugs, taking 3 9mm XP's to the chest and still fighting.
Crazy??? IM on two gun forums and two Photograph forums.. I' ve been a photographer for 50 years. I have hundreds of picture of My Corvettes, hundreds of pictures of my guns. and hundreds of pictures of Photo equipment and I have 80,000 digitalized photographs, from the week I was born and 70 years forward.. thousands of wild life shots.
Those shots were taken to add to a discussion on pocket carry over IWB or OWB.. it seemed appropriate here.. since it was about conceal carry. In 40 years of carry, Like most other people, I have a drawer full of holsters.., for the last five years, I've been pocket carrying, and find it to be the absolute best advantage for me. How I carry is not meant to be argumentative.. its just what UI do and could care less how anyone else chooses to carry.

AS far as someone taking 3 9mm rounds and still coming.. then read the paper, or internet news there have been several well know " Big " rappers ( 300 Lbs ) hit by multiple 9mm rounds. And didn't even know he was hit until he saw the blood.. his words...

But Ill do you one more.. IN Ohio last year two cops one a tenured Sargent, and a female cop made a stop and the driver got out with an AK47 the guy had 800 rounds in the car.. the two cops.. fired 56 shots... the guy wanted to commit suicide by cop... of the 56 shot fired by these two trained police officers, only 6 hit the bad guy.. 5 of those shots were poorly placed and non lethal... only one of the 56 shot fired , all at a distance of 20 feet, with the bad guy in the open with no cover or concealment found its lethal mark. YOu can find this video on line from the police car dash cam.

MY point here is shot placement is easy when the target is not shooting back at you...

IN La last years 10 gangbangers shot 376 rounds at each other, no one was killed and only three people where hit, non critically...

Hitting someone with a sledge hammer hurts more then with a tack hammer.. Oh and BTW lethal shot placement under stress is called " Luck "
Old 01-24-2015, 09:05 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '03-'04

AS a photographer.. a picture is worth ............well you know.
IM also on a high end watch and clock forum...Pictures help in the discussions.. this forum stuff is what you do when you are retired and there is snow on the ground and you are not in the best of health..

These forums help me to keep my sanity.
Old 01-24-2015, 09:06 PM
MotoJB
Le Mans Master

Crazy??? IM on two gun forums and two Photograph forums.. I' ve been a photographer for 50 years. I have hundreds of picture of My Corvettes, hundreds of pictures of my guns. and hundreds of pictures of Photo equipment and I have 80,000 digitalized photographs, from the week I was born and 70 years forward.. thousands of wild life shots.
Those shots were taken to add to a discussion on pocket carry over IWB or OWB.. it seemed appropriate here.. since it was about conceal carry. In 40 years of carry, Like most other people, I have a drawer full of holsters.., for the last five years, I've been pocket carrying, and find it to be the absolute best advantage for me. How I carry is not meant to be argumentative.. its just what UI do and could care less how anyone else chooses to carry.

AS far as someone taking 3 9mm rounds and still coming.. then read the paper, or internet news there have been several well know " Big " rappers ( 300 Lbs ) hit by multiple 9mm rounds. And didn't even know he was hit until he saw the blood.. his words...

But Ill do you one more.. IN Ohio last year two cops one a tenured Sargent, and a female cop made a stop and the driver got out with an AK47 the guy had 800 rounds in the car.. the two cops.. fired 56 shots... the guy wanted to commit suicide by cop... of the 56 shot fired by these two trained police officers, only 6 hit the bad guy.. 5 of those shots were poorly placed and non lethal... only one of the 56 shot fired , all at a distance of 20 feet, with the bad guy in the open with no cover or concealment found its lethal mark. YOu can find this video on line from the police car dash cam.

MY point here is shot placement is easy when the target is not shooting back at you...

IN La last years 10 gangbangers shot 376 rounds at each other, no one was killed and only three people where hit, non critically...

Hitting someone with a sledge hammer hurts more then with a tack hammer.. Oh and BTW lethal shot placement under stress is called " Luck "
LOL, I knew that would get a rise and a 1000 word essay out of you.

Ok, this time you nailed it...without proper placement, no bullet will do the job. Your original post/point however was that the 9mm doesn't work effectively on a 280lb meth head, so instead you rely on the .45.

Miss the vitals with the .45 and it won't work either.

Oh and the terrible shooting ability of most cops is well known and documented. Sure, under stress/pressure accuracy goes down but I'm a completely different, uber-tactical beast of a man.
Old 01-24-2015, 09:07 PM
MotoJB
Le Mans Master

AS a photographer.. a picture is worth ............well you know.
IM also on a high end watch and clock forum...Pictures help in the discussions.. this forum stuff is what you do when you are retired and there is snow on the ground and you are not in the best of health..

These forums help me to keep my sanity.
All good man, I was playin' around...understood.
Old 01-24-2015, 09:28 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '03-'04

All good man, I was playin' around...understood.
Playing is good...
I have a lot of hobbies, and this forum is actually the sanest of all the forums I am into.. gun forums are maniac forums... .lots of politics and 2 Amend. discussion.. if you want to see scary go to a gun forum and see all the maniacs who own guns...

The photo forums are insane at times too... too many cameras, too many lenses.. and a millions settings of choice. ISO, white balance, etc.

When someone brings in a topic here, that I enjoy, be it cameras and photos, or guns, or watches , I jump at the chance to discuss them.

I try to make sure that its appropriate in the Corvette forum.. I can find myself drifting off course though

Get notified of new replies

To C5 Concealed Carry Pics ONLY

Old 01-24-2015, 10:38 PM
mre1974
Drifting

Received 330 Likes on 186 Posts

ET- Don't you find it difficult to quickly access your carry in jeans pockets like that in the Vette? I'm a big fan of cargo pants and shorts for concealed carry in the Vette if not wearing a leather blazer and tucking it in an inside chest pocket. I totally agree with you about some of the gun owner forums...some of those guys on some forums are pretty scary. But some of the forums can be full of LOTS of good knowledge and insight. I happen to like AR15.com for that sort of stuff...lots of different forums and some really good insight on there...with the occasional loony bird or two. I'm going to guess Invicta's don't really qualify as "high end watch forum" material. lol

Moto -- I agree with you about 9mm. It's what I prefer as well. M&P9c with a crimson trace grip and Hornady 147gr XTP hallows for me. It's what I practice with so it's what I carry.

Both -- I met a guy awhile back on a road trip that was driving a C5 and had an AR 15 pistol rig set up for his "car gun". Had a nice quick detach setup on the driver side tunnel that hid it when he was seated and resting his leg against it. A little excessive in my book. Not bagging on AR Pistols...I LOVE MINE but not as a car gun. MAYBE if we had a zombie outbreak or something along those lines?
Old 01-24-2015, 11:20 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Originally Posted by mre1974
ET- Don't you find it difficult to quickly access your carry in jeans pockets like that in the Vette? I'm a big fan of cargo pants and shorts for concealed carry in the Vette if not wearing a leather blazer and tucking it in an inside chest pocket. I totally agree with you about some of the gun owner forums...some of those guys on some forums are pretty scary. But some of the forums can be full of LOTS of good knowledge and insight. I happen to like AR15.com for that sort of stuff...lots of different forums and some really good insight on there...with the occasional loony bird or two. I'm going to guess Invicta's don't really qualify as "high end watch forum" material. lol

Moto -- I agree with you about 9mm. It's what I prefer as well. M&P9c with a crimson trace grip and Hornady 147gr XTP hallows for me. It's what I practice with so it's what I carry.

Both -- I met a guy awhile back on a road trip that was driving a C5 and had an AR 15 pistol rig set up for his "car gun". Had a nice quick detach setup on the driver side tunnel that hid it when he was seated and resting his leg against it. A little excessive in my book. Not bagging on AR Pistols...I LOVE MINE but not as a car gun. MAYBE if we had a zombie outbreak or something along those lines?
IM feeling a little gun shy now about posting pictures.... wait a minute no I'm not !
I don't carry my weapon in my pants whil;e driving in any of the cars... its always a few inched from my hand.. for fast and easy access.
IM left handed and I can carry on the left side of my car.. but I don't have enough range of motion with my strong side against the door. I practice both left and right hand shooting at my range.. about 150 to 200 rounds a month..
left hand draw in the C5.

Right hand full range of motion

when I leave the car, the weapon goes in my pocket.
Old 01-25-2015, 08:22 AM
Wetrudgeon
Pro

Received 203 Likes on 128 Posts

We always have always felt the handgun is more secure on our person rather than stashed somewhere in the vehicle. It can be hard to draw seated in the car (generally carry IWB @4 o'clock), but have not found a handy area to secure it in the cockpit. Some interesting ideas here. Thanks to all for sharing.

And for those of you who do not or cannot carry a firearm as you go about in a world that every day seems more filled with incarnate evil, we fervently hope and pray you are never in a situation where you need one.

We trudge on (armed).

Quick Reply: C5 Concealed Carry Pics ONLY