C5 Concealed Carry Pics ONLY

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 09:18 PM
skydiven4fun
Melting Slicks

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by MotoJB
How do you like that slidefire/bumpfire stock?

Seriously illegal here in CA. The latest I heard is that even owning one in the proximity of an AR and they can screw you. Absolute BS.
Great Eye , I just picked that baby up right before Christmas, mainly cause I was curious on how well they work, well let me tell you that thing will unload a clip faster than you can blink an eye, I was blown away at how well it works, I can't believe their legal
It took me a few tries to get the technique figured out, but not long, it's a lot of fun for sure, you can shoot single fire, short burst whatever you want, Im going to install a vertical foregrip cause I think it will give me better control of of the weapon but it's not difficult to shoot at all.
Also there are several different manufacturers out there beside slidefire so it's worth looking.
Old 01-28-2015, 09:24 PM
Not4spd
Melting Slicks

Received 630 Likes on 394 Posts

[QUOTE=C5Wolfe;1588829633]
Originally Posted by Bill Vett
Can't argue with that Bill Vette, A bigger round just about always does more damage! My wife usually carries a big auto but I just seem to feel more comfortable carrying a small 32 Kel Tec or a Beretta than a larger weapon. Any thing beats nothing and I wouldn't want to get shot with even a N.A.A. pug .22 magnum.
be safe
I used to carry my SIG SP2022 and SIG P250 on outings for the weekend. Don't leave much in the evening during the week and I can't carry at work. I was on vacation for a week and was constantly carrying daily. After a few days I began having back pain. I couldn't for the life of me figure out why. After some further research I found that weight of the gun was putting strain on my back. I attempted carrying in various positions and finally came to the conclusion my larger guns just weren't gonna work for daily carry. I ended up purchasing a SIG 238 and couldn't be happier. While the caliber is a bit smaller and holds less rounds my back issues have become a thing of the best.

I also own a Keltec P3AT and never once had an issue with it. Great little mouse gun.
Old 01-28-2015, 09:56 PM
Mr.Bill
Race Director

Location: Reno is so close to Hell you can see Sparks , State Of Confusion
Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

Originally Posted by skydiven4fun
Great Eye , I just picked that baby up right before Christmas, mainly cause I was curious on how well they work, well let me tell you that thing will unload a clip faster than you can blink an eye, I was blown away at how well it works, I can't believe their legal
It took me a few tries to get the technique figured out, but not long, it's a lot of fun for sure, you can shoot single fire, short burst whatever you want, Im going to install a vertical foregrip cause I think it will give me better control of of the weapon but it's not difficult to shoot at all.
Also there are several different manufacturers out there beside slidefire so it's worth looking.
I thought last week the FFL made them illegal?
Old 01-28-2015, 10:34 PM
skydiven4fun
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Mr.Bill
I thought last week the FFL made them illegal?
That wouldn't suprise me, these things can throw some lead for sure, when I finaly received mine, it did come with a full page letter that shows where they are not considered an automatic weapon since it does not modify the trigger in a way that it can fire numerous round with one pull of the trigger, Im gonna have to look at it when I get back home, I'm floating in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico at the moment so I cant look at it.

Found it
Attached Images  

Last edited by skydiven4fun; 01-28-2015 at 10:37 PM.
Old 01-29-2015, 07:47 AM
skydiven4fun
Melting Slicks

Page 2
Attached Images  
Old 01-29-2015, 08:31 AM
Mac-427
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 8 Posts

I carry a Wilson Combat 1911, Xtac, 1911 45 caliber either compact or full size in an inside the waist band holster. I carry all day every day. My approach when in my vehicle is to put my shoulder belt under the butt of the gun and my shirt pulled up so I have immediate access. I like having the firearm on my body because I always know where it is. I've had lots of tactical training and have a concealed carry license. Virtually every instructor tells us to carry at all times if we have the license and the weapon. That is what I, and my wife do. She carries a 1911 STI Shadow concealed in a belly band holster. We are not paranoid, just prepared. Oh, and we are Texans. Photos attached of my carry gun and Z-06
Attached Images     
Old 01-29-2015, 12:55 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

Received 3,812 Likes on 1,925 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Originally Posted by Wetrudgeon
We always have always felt the handgun is more secure on our person rather than stashed somewhere in the vehicle. It can be hard to draw seated in the car (generally carry IWB @4 o'clock), but have not found a handy area to secure it in the cockpit. Some interesting ideas here. Thanks to all for sharing.

And for those of you who do not or cannot carry a firearm as you go about in a world that every day seems more filled with incarnate evil, we fervently hope and pray you are never in a situation where you need one.

We trudge on (armed).
This is just discussion as I said.. what ever works for you is ok with me... for many years I use to carry on my person in the car, For me its a bit uncomfortable now because of my surgeries and do not need any extra stress while I'm seated.. so I moved to quick access off the body. I like the fact that my weapon is just a few inches from my fingertips, in a secure holster right next to the console.
I can actually rest my arm on the console while shifting gears or rest my hand on the weapon.. its in a natural place where my hand naturally falls when I'm driving, or stopped at a light.

We all know what works best for us... its a good thread and interesting in what people carry and how they carry..
Thanks for all the posts and thanks to the mods for removing the garbage. ( there's always one. )
Bill aka ET
Old 01-29-2015, 01:42 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '03-'04

I don't know if I'm adding fuel to this thread or going too far off topic..

But here is one I built from the bottom up.. I have 80 hours just in the stock.. custom SS sporter barrel, Timney trigger 3 oz. pull. custom scope mounts. IM left handed and its hard to find a good bench gun so I built this one.

Old 01-29-2015, 02:08 PM
66dts-v
Drifting

Received 76 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Evil-Twin
I don't know if I'm adding fuel to this thread or going too far off topic..

But here is one I built from the bottom up.. I have 80 hours just in the stock.. custom SS sporter barrel, Timney trigger 3 oz. pull. custom scope mounts. IM left handed and its hard to find a good bench gun so I built this one.

How the hell do you conceal that?
Old 01-29-2015, 02:13 PM
Bill Vett
Safety Car

Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by 66dts-v
I guess you feel he went a little off topic
Old 01-29-2015, 02:23 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Originally Posted by 66dts-v
I put them in my pants, much like Rick and the others with long guns in their pants...

Old 01-29-2015, 03:35 PM
66dts-v
Drifting

Received 76 Likes on 65 Posts

That would seem tough to drive a manual like that, but as long as it makes YOU feel safer, that's what it's all about. Right?
Old 01-29-2015, 07:12 PM
sfc rick
Le Mans Master

Received 150 Likes on 79 Posts

My new conceal carry rig....

I may end up parking the C5 for when I eventually buy a newer 4X4 / hummer H1 or maybe even a built up Jeep Wrangler... I get tired of having to limit my carry ability to pistols and really want to have access to my selection of Rifles which would be secured in a rack for security reasons. Even my Ram 1500 is too nice to be a roust about kind of vehicle now.

Last edited by sfc rick; 01-29-2015 at 07:18 PM.

Quick Reply: C5 Concealed Carry Pics ONLY