Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how anal are you about your vette being correct?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 05:58 PM
got-20z
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Black 02
Cool story, bro. Tell it again, please.

I'm not really "****" about all original parts or that type of thing. If I had a really rare model Corvette then probably, but I don't. I usually keep everything I take off the car (OEM parts) when I do a mod in case I ever get rid of the car. Some people may want that stuff when purchasing a modded car, some people may not. If they don't, part it out on here or Craigslist.

I'm more **** about my car being clean and keeping it away from jerk offs in parking lots that feel the need to park 2 inches away in a shitbox when the parking lot is completely empty.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:36 PM
RoyGBev
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got a well-preserved bright yellow '75. Thought I wanted a smaller, aftermarket steering wheel, but decided that would be out of place in an otherwise stock interior. Might get a later C3 wheel instead.

The more I drive it the more I like the stock look.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:42 PM
Bluefire
Le Mans Master

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

I've added ~$30K in mods to my car over the years. The only thing you can tell from the exterior is: BSM delete, SS lettering on the rear.

The next mod will be noticeable from the outside (AP Racing Endurance Brake Kit).
Old 08-26-2014, 09:49 PM
SaxyVette
Drifting

Received 91 Likes on 80 Posts

This thread has screwed up my brain..now I can't stop thinking about my mis-matched valve caps.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:26 PM
Mr.Bill
Race Director

Location: Reno is so close to Hell you can see Sparks , State Of Confusion
Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

Originally Posted by SaxyVette
This thread has screwed up my brain..now I can't stop thinking about my mis-matched valve caps.
In all seriousness a Corvette deservers better than that.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:56 PM
kennedy759
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

thanks to all that replied to this thread, I had a feeling the results would be great fun, we all love our vettes and know how they should look to fulfill our expectations. this is what keeps us to continue to enjoy our cars in out own way.
Old 08-27-2014, 12:36 AM
68/70Vette
Team Owner

Received 546 Likes on 374 Posts

With the exception of the A&A super charger, my 08 is stone stock. Even with the hood up, most people wouldn't even know there was a supercharger present. They think they were looking at an air conditioner compressor if asked.

Except for the ZZ4, TKO 5 speed, Be Cool radiator and electric fan, GM Serpentine belt system, 69 factory sidepipes, 69 factory seat backs and headrests, leather version of the 68 seat covers, composite rear spring, electric fuel pump, HEI distributor, offset trailing arms, front spring tower spreader bar, aluminum brake calipers, stainless steel brake and gas lines, my 68 is stone stock. With the hood down, unless someone is really 68 Corvette knowledgeable, the car does look stock.

OPPS....SORRY....I thought this was the C3 section...oh well, no harm done I guess. My point was is that I don't think there's a problem moding the car, as long as they still have, to the general public, a stock appearance.

Last edited by 68/70Vette; 08-27-2014 at 12:41 AM.
Old 08-27-2014, 01:04 AM
oyealiz
Team Owner

Received 232 Likes on 119 Posts
2022 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
CI 3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'16

Originally Posted by MotoJB
He apparently outgrew the teen mentality of "look at me, I have a car"...

...and morphed it into a "look at me, I have an inflexible, stubborn, negative, attitude problem" mentality.

What a trade off.
Sounds like: "I want bone stock. Period!"

Originally Posted by RockyMtC5
Opinions are like a-holes, we all have one;-)
Isn't that they truth?!

Originally Posted by 68/70Vette
With the exception of the A&A super charger, my 08 is stone stock. Even with the hood up, most people wouldn't even know there was a supercharger present. They think they were looking at an air conditioner compressor if asked.

Except for the ZZ4, TKO 5 speed, Be Cool radiator and electric fan, GM Serpentine belt system, 69 factory sidepipes, 69 factory seat backs and headrests, leather version of the 68 seat covers, composite rear spring, electric fuel pump, HEI distributor, offset trailing arms, front spring tower spreader bar, aluminum brake calipers, stainless steel brake and gas lines, my 68 is stone stock. With the hood down, unless someone is really 68 Corvette knowledgeable, the car does look stock.

OPPS....SORRY....I thought this was the C3 section...oh well, no harm done I guess. My point was is that I don't think there's a problem moding the car, as long as they still have, to the general public, a stock appearance.
I don't think there's a problem with them not looking bone stock. Vive la différence!

I just like my Vettes running and clean.

I am, however, **** about there not being trash, papers or other misc. stuff just hanging out in my cars. That bugs the crap outta me!
Old 08-27-2014, 02:10 AM
666ICK
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

While doing a coolant flush the other night I found myself scrubbing the undercarriage with a steel brush and simple green.... wtf is wrong with me.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:21 AM
SaxyVette
Drifting

Received 91 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.Bill
In all seriousness a Corvette deservers better than that.
I hear ya Bill..those pesky Caps are definitely on my "To-Do" List..

Quick Reply: how anal are you about your vette being correct?