Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice after seeing CarFax history

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 02:32 AM
Dbl_D718
Pro

Received 147 Likes on 93 Posts

Thanks for all the input! I'm certainly not set on buying this car, but it's available at a good price and looks very nice, minus the non-functional HUD. The salesman said he wasn't sure yet if they planned to fix the HUD or sell as-is at a reduced price. Since I wasn't ready to sit down and make an offer, that was as far as the conversation got.
Old 04-11-2015, 09:10 AM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 476 Likes on 423 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by Dbl_D718
Thanks for all the input! I'm certainly not set on buying this car, but it's available at a good price and looks very nice, minus the non-functional HUD. The salesman said he wasn't sure yet if they planned to fix the HUD or sell as-is at a reduced price. Since I wasn't ready to sit down and make an offer, that was as far as the conversation got.
The salesman should know what will be done with regards to having any sort of repairs done to the car. You would think it's his job to know enough about the car and the condition so that he could work out a deal with a customer. It's also a simple matter for him to go ask the sales manager what will be done.

Frankly, I like the HUD in my '02 coupe. Because the brightness of the display can be turned up and down, it's easy to tailor it to any driving condition, not to mention the selections you can display.

If you do buy the car, make sure the sales contract specifies that you either want the HUD fixed by them and done within a certain time frame, or that they will discount the sales price by a stated dollar value because of a non-working HUD.

But you should really consider other cars! There are a lot of excellent Z06's out there with no issues.
Old 04-11-2015, 11:22 AM
jackthelad
Melting Slicks

Received 675 Likes on 519 Posts

Just because a car "had" electrical problems, does not mean they will recur. My C5 was in and out of the dealership (under warranty) for the first year or so of its life with electrical issues. They changed out the BCM as a "last resort" and no electrical gremlins since. And that was in 1999.

Quick Reply: Advice after seeing CarFax history