Sponsored by:

XS Power (headers), Jet-Hot (coatings) and excellent service

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2015, 02:00 PM
dork
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 143 Posts

Default XS Power (headers), Jet-Hot (coatings) and excellent service

I purchased a set of XS Power headers during the group purchase here on CorvetteForum. I requested that the headers be sent directly to Jet-Hot for coating, and that all other hardware accessories be shipped directly to my residence. This method would save me at least $50, probably closer to $70, in shipping charges if it worked.

Obviously (only upon delivery to me), the kit is packaged by the manufacturer and shipped to vendors in two boxes. Accessory piping was shipped directly to me in one box from Huron Speed Products. The box with the headers themselves contained one set of clamps and the header gaskets. They were shipped to Jet-Hot as a boxed unit, intact. (The box was labeled by HSP with my Jet-Hot order number.) At Jet-Hot, everything in the box was marked with their order number, the headers were coated, and it was all repacked and shipped to me.

Each step of the process was accompanied by an update from the vendor in action. I knew every step of the way where/when my shipments were, and which employee within a department was in charge of my order.

This transaction was a fine example of vendor-to-vendor cooperation; I'd recommend both Huron Speed and Jet-Hot to anyone, both for the quality of their works, and the coordination of their efforts.

I've read various posts detracting the quality of the XS headers; I don't think any amount of extra money would have bought me better welds or assembly quality. The headers look to be fantastically built. I'll know when I install them in a couple weeks, and report on that then.

Last edited by dork; 05-15-2015 at 02:03 PM.
Old 05-15-2015, 02:08 PM
Sinister-one
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Pics ???
Old 05-15-2015, 02:31 PM
dork
Drifting

In a coupla weeks, when I install...
Old 05-15-2015, 03:09 PM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,081 Likes on 1,634 Posts

Originally Posted by dork
I purchased a set of XS Power headers during the group purchase here on CorvetteForum. I requested that the headers be sent directly to Jet-Hot for coating, and that all other hardware accessories be shipped directly to my residence. This method would save me at least $50, probably closer to $70, in shipping charges if it worked.

Obviously (only upon delivery to me), the kit is packaged by the manufacturer and shipped to vendors in two boxes. Accessory piping was shipped directly to me in one box from Huron Speed Products. The box with the headers themselves contained one set of clamps and the header gaskets. They were shipped to Jet-Hot as a boxed unit, intact. (The box was labeled by HSP with my Jet-Hot order number.) At Jet-Hot, everything in the box was marked with their order number, the headers were coated, and it was all repacked and shipped to me.

Each step of the process was accompanied by an update from the vendor in action. I knew every step of the way where/when my shipments were, and which employee within a department was in charge of my order.

This transaction was a fine example of vendor-to-vendor cooperation; I'd recommend both Huron Speed and Jet-Hot to anyone, both for the quality of their works, and the coordination of their efforts.

I've read various posts detracting the quality of the XS headers; I don't think any amount of extra money would have bought me better welds or assembly quality. The headers look to be fantastically built. I'll know when I install them in a couple weeks, and report on that then.
I thought it was great them being polished stainless, but they don't stay that way, I also was considering coating mine. If you don't mind could you pm me what it costs? Thanks !!! I could not afford the top brand headers this past winter, had the car up in the air and was doing many other mods and wanted to install headers at the same time. They look great(welds & flanges etc.) and they sound incredible!!!!!! I am very satisfied !!!!!!!
Old 05-16-2015, 11:33 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,277 Likes on 13,957 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

You're right - what you describe is an example of excellent service from both vendors. Looking forward to hearing, and seeing some pics, about the install.
Old 05-16-2015, 09:31 PM
3ACROWD
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12

I love mine

Old 05-27-2015, 12:23 AM
pjazz
Melting Slicks

Received 161 Likes on 124 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C6 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

I'm curious on the price for coating also?
Old 05-27-2015, 12:50 AM
dork
Drifting

$405 for the coating; I elected to go with the "second level" coating. The cheapest would have been $350 I think; somewhere between $340-360 (I disremember). But when I listed the mods I was considering with a potential 425-450rwhp, they recommended that I use a coating better than the basic offering. Shipping was $50 more.

The bad news is, I scraped the hell out of the pipes installing them; the "good" news is, almost all the scratches face the engine block and can't be seen. I doubt if I harmed them though beyond cosmetics, there are very few spots where I scratched it to the stainless surface.

Get notified of new replies

To XS Power (headers), Jet-Hot (coatings) and excellent service

Quick Reply: XS Power (headers), Jet-Hot (coatings) and excellent service