Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Those of you with a Mantic ER2, please step in

Old 09-10-2015, 06:53 PM
Whatsa347
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Those of you with a Mantic ER2, please step in

So after a lot of thought and planning and saving, I had a mantic ER2 installed in my car along with a tick master cylinder because the stock parts were junk and my master had given up on life. So I pick the car up and it feels great, stiff as hell, but great none the less. Now here's where my questions come into play, on the way home I'm forced to downshift and floor it to get around an 18 wheeler that can't seem to stay in his own lane and can't slow down because the person in the lifted F250 is on the phone about an inch from my rear. I had that exact scenario happen twice on the way home. Now did I completely ruin my clutch? I know I see posts about the Mantic singles being praised (it really does feel good, not stock like, but good) for not having chatter and what not, but I still have chatter, I have to make it chatter, but it's still there (only have about 200 miles of stop and go and have already bled the clutch twice). It's been a couple of years since I've driven a tick master'd car (previous setup was a Monster Stage 2 with the tick) and I can't remember too much chatter for the life of me, but if I don't drive this one just right or give it enough gas it will chatter, is this due to the harsh engagement window of the Tick along with the clutch being still fresh or what? How long did it take for your mantic single to break in before your chatter went away? I'm sorry for so many questions but I'm trying to be as precise and specific as possible.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Those of you with a Mantic ER2, please step in