Honest review of Professional Products Typhoon intake install

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2016, 10:10 PM
00__Vette
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Not4spd
Update
I have driven roughly 250 miles with the new gasket installed. Idle has dropped and the car is running smoother overall. Knock on wood, but it seems this has resolved my issue. Dyno is tentatively scheduled for Nov. 12 and I'll post results at that time.
Looking forward to the end result. Good luck!! Hope you see some good gains.
Old 11-03-2016, 07:45 AM
alxltd1
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 99 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Update
I have driven roughly 250 miles with the new gasket installed. Idle has dropped and the car is running smoother overall. Knock on wood, but it seems this has resolved my issue. Dyno is tentatively scheduled for Nov. 12 and I'll post results at that time.
Subscribing for results. I have this same manifold sitting in a box with a 92mm 4 bolt throttle body and a nitrous 92mm plate to replace the LS6 manifold, throttle body and 78mm 3 bolt nitrous plate on the car. I had heard about the sealing issues and in prep had the faces of the intake flanges and throttle body flange of the manifold trued by a machine shop as well as place 8 more bolts securing the bottom plate of the manifold. I also have the Fel-Pro gasket with a raised bead around the intake ports to ensure a good seal, but very interested in how yours works out.
I am changing the fuel rails also as I did not like the pipe thread fittings on the ones that came with the manifold and wanted AN fittings. I have a set of FAST rails I am adapting the mounts to install on the manifold.

I too have read all the debate on this and aluminum manifolds in general regarding heat sink, potential power gains etc. In my case, I like the looks of it, and the nitrous will make up for any power short fall. I will be later on supercharging the engine (the reason for the extra bolts on the bottom plate) and any power given up by this design will be a moot point. But everyone is different on what they want, not right or wrong just different.

Last edited by alxltd1; 11-03-2016 at 07:46 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Not4spd (11-03-2016)
Old 12-25-2017, 12:10 AM
Dale002
Melting Slicks

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

guess it didn't go well?
Old 12-25-2017, 02:11 AM
Not4spd
Melting Slicks

Received 630 Likes on 394 Posts

Originally Posted by Dale002
guess it didn't go well?
Check engine light came on while waiting in line for dyno. It was throwing multiple misfire codes due to the IM not sealing. I pulled it off and put the stocker back on.
Old 09-08-2018, 07:31 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Check engine light came on while waiting in line for dyno. It was throwing multiple misfire codes due to the IM not sealing. I pulled it off and put the stocker back on.
Im responding to this post so that it can be at the TOP of the post list to help other LS owners in their quest for more POWER & BLING. I feel your pain and hope that you were able to recoupe your cash some how.

Just for the record, I purchased a FAST 90 intake and TB and Home Ported them with fantastic results..

Bill
Old 09-09-2018, 04:30 PM
Not4spd
Melting Slicks

Received 630 Likes on 394 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Curlee
Im responding to this post so that it can be at the TOP of the post list to help other LS owners in their quest for more POWER & BLING. I feel your pain and hope that you were able to recoupe your cash some how.

Just for the record, I purchased a FAST 90 intake and TB and Home Ported them with fantastic results..

Bill
Hey Bill,
I did recoupe some of the cash a local custom shop purchased the intake to use on a customer's rat rod. I'm making plans to go the S/C route and plan on doing a FAST setup. Nice to see the FAST is working well for ya.
Old 09-09-2018, 07:11 PM
~Josh
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 1,319 Likes on 788 Posts

For the record, the Weiand manifold has worked perfectly from day 1 on both the cars I’ve had it on.

The following users liked this post:
Not4spd (09-10-2018)

Quick Reply: Honest review of Professional Products Typhoon intake install