Sponsored by:

Custom long gun box in C5?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2015, 07:46 PM
SuperVetteC5
Burning Brakes

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by mrlmd
Probably worried about the zombie apocalypse.
There is an answer for the Zombies too.
Attached Images  
Old 12-05-2015, 07:55 PM
04DarkShadowGT
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperVetteC5
Obviously, kept in the back, in a box or case, the AR is not intended for self defense. Very smart to carry such an item of that weight and size soundly secured, especially in this type of vehicle. Keep in mind everything in the back of these cars, if not in the sunken storage area, can be a lethal projectile and is at close to head level in an accident.
On the contrary an AR is great for self defense with the correct ammunition. Regular ball ammo will tumble once it hits the target, this helps to eliminate over penetration. Very important in a situation when you are home and in a neighborhood.
Old 12-05-2015, 08:42 PM
Rexde1
Le Mans Master

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

I like the idea but be advised even with a carry permit conservation laws usually prohibit loaded long guns in vehicles.
Old 12-05-2015, 08:54 PM
SuperVetteC5
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 04DarkShadowGT
On the contrary an AR is great for self defense with the correct ammunition. Regular ball ammo will tumble once it hits the target, this helps to eliminate over penetration. Very important in a situation when you are home and in a neighborhood.
My point being, in the back, in a case, not much chance for self defense unless the guy after you is gonna say, " Oh, I'll wait till you get your gun to make it fair". Don't think that is happening!
Old 12-05-2015, 10:23 PM
CactusCat
Melting Slicks

Received 209 Likes on 156 Posts

Maybe he lives in San Bernardino ...
Old 12-05-2015, 10:32 PM
Clancy209
Burning Brakes

Received 140 Likes on 111 Posts

Keeping a loaded gun in the car may get into trouble. It will make you grow false *****. I for one would not recommend it, but that's just my opinion
Old 12-05-2015, 10:44 PM
SuperVetteC5
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Clancy209
Keeping a loaded gun in the car may get into trouble. It will make you grow false *****. I for one would not recommend it, but that's just my opinion
Don't think he said anything about carrying it around loaded.
Old 12-06-2015, 07:49 AM
sfc rick
Le Mans Master

Received 150 Likes on 79 Posts

I carry my weapon on the hip, just incase I need to fight my way to retrieve my long arm behind my seat. I also carry a fire extinguisher, have insurance, wear seat belts. I never plan to need them, but do plan not to be that dumbass who doesn't have them. I'm not living in a "Little Princess" world where unicorns and rainbows are the norm. I spent my entire career dealing with humans who want to kill you, so I'm not going to shirk my responsibility to myself or my loved ones and live as a victim.

I respect anyone who decides to carry or have nearby their weapons to use. I salute you!

Edited to add....Yes I wish we didn't ever need weapons, I would love to be able to never need them...... If I could pile them sky high and melt all of them down, I would. BUT I don't live in that world.

Last edited by sfc rick; 12-06-2015 at 07:53 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by sfc rick:
alxltd1 (12-06-2015), CactusCat (12-06-2015), comecorrect (12-09-2015), Stealthxusa (12-08-2015)
Old 12-06-2015, 08:44 AM
alxltd1
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 99 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by sfc rick
I carry my weapon on the hip, just incase I need to fight my way to retrieve my long arm behind my seat. I also carry a fire extinguisher, have insurance, wear seat belts. I never plan to need them, but do plan not to be that dumbass who doesn't have them. I'm not living in a "Little Princess" world where unicorns and rainbows are the norm. I spent my entire career dealing with humans who want to kill you, so I'm not going to shirk my responsibility to myself or my loved ones and live as a victim.

I respect anyone who decides to carry or have nearby their weapons to use. I salute you!

Edited to add....Yes I wish we didn't ever need weapons, I would love to be able to never need them...... If I could pile them sky high and melt all of them down, I would. BUT I don't live in that world.
I agree with all that you have expressed with the exception of your last edit: I too have spent time where the other guy was not there to negotiate his position with me other than to place a projectile into one of my vital areas. I carry concealed also as I want it immediately accessible if warranted, and while I don’t carry another in my car I do not oppose anyone else doing so. I too wish that I will never have to use my piece in self-defense, but I also enjoy my firearms for sport whether that be hunting or target shooting or competitive shooting. So I do not have a wish to destroy them all. The “gun” in and by itself is not good or evil. It becomes one or the other only by who uses it and for what. As to those comments implying that an AR is only used for “killing people and while I own guns I don’t have use for an AR”, again it is only an inanimate object and it is used in numerous target shooting events as well. And if you think that they won’t come for your other guns after they ban AR’s because you personally don’t have use for an AR, then think again. Probably should move these types of comments to the “Off Topic” section so my apologies to the OP. My thoughts would be that if you encase a M4 derivative in a nylon soft case it may fit securely in the center rear compartment, though I have not measured the dimensions of that compartment against an M4 with stock collapsed. This assumes that you are not relying on it for quick and easy access in an emergency.
Old 12-06-2015, 08:55 AM
CCA Corvette Parts
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 421 Likes on 322 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08,-'13-'14, '16-'17

Can you elaborate on the False ***** thing?

I want to make sure I keep an eye on my ***** so that I can
insure nothing False happens to them...

I've been carrying for decades, every-which-way possible. I'm not
even sure I remember what my ***** originally looked like. Is it
possible that the False ***** thing has already happened to my *****
and I did not even realize it.

What should I be looking for? I want to insure that it has not already
happened or that if it does start happening, I catch it in time.

Thank for your help on this urgent matter.

Regards
Chip

The following users liked this post:
Stealthxusa (12-08-2015)
Old 12-06-2015, 09:28 AM
CactusCat
Melting Slicks

Received 209 Likes on 156 Posts

False *****. Since it's possible that you don't remember what your ***** originally looked like, you should have someone very intimate with you to examine your ***** closely to make sure you don't have False *****. If indeed you fear you've had false ***** for some time now, you might be suffering from TFBSS (Traumatic False ***** Stress Syndrome). I don't think a cure has ever been found for this malady. It's also possible he was talking about these... http://www.yournutz.com/ They come in various colors as well. Flesh, chrome, camo, etc and in various sizes. If you have no *****, these might provide a substitute. So as you can easily see, yes, you can buy yourself some *****.
The following users liked this post:
Stealthxusa (12-08-2015)
Old 12-06-2015, 11:32 AM
CCA Corvette Parts

Originally Posted by CactusCat
False *****. Since it's possible that you don't remember what your ***** originally looked like, you should have someone very intimate with you to examine your ***** closely to make sure you don't have False *****. If indeed you fear you've had false ***** for some time now, you might be suffering from TFBSS (Traumatic False ***** Stress Syndrome). I don't think a cure has ever been found for this malady. It's also possible he was talking about these... http://www.yournutz.com/ They come in various colors as well. Flesh, chrome, camo, etc and in various sizes. If you have no *****, these might provide a substitute. So as you can easily see, yes, you can buy yourself some *****.
Excellent - I'm on it

Regards
Chip
Old 12-06-2015, 12:27 PM
99 hardtop 08
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good idea!
Old 12-06-2015, 01:13 PM
SuperVetteC5
Burning Brakes

Oh Boy!!! The twists and turns a thread can take. Interesting, to say the least!��
Old 12-06-2015, 01:59 PM
TheRadioFlyer
Supporting Vendor

Received 630 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperVetteC5
Oh Boy!!! The twists and turns a thread can take. Interesting, to say the least!��
Guns and Corvettes.....like chicken fried steak and gravy.

That being said, Aside from transporting a long gun to/from the range or unless your occupation merits it, There is little reason to have a long gun stored in your vehicle particularly from a legal perspective.

Most states have particular long-gun laws requiring them to remain locked up and in some cases ammo stored separately. Even if faced with something as violent as an active shooter situation, being able to safely access your long gun would suggest you are not in immediate danger and returning to the fight would line you up for a world of legal hurt. A pistol that you have on your person at the time of the incident can be more easily justified as a tool to help you survive.

IMO, A long gun is best employed by civilians in a home/property defense situation where retreating to retrieve a more appropriate firearm can be more easily justified.
Old 12-06-2015, 02:35 PM
XTRVette
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by R1 Rider
Do you live in the hood? Is somebody after you?
Good one
Old 12-06-2015, 03:23 PM
Rexde1
Le Mans Master

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

Does the size of the gun you carry have any relationship to the growth rate of false *****? If you grow false ***** do you still keep your old ones? I may need to make some changes.

Get notified of new replies

To Custom long gun box in C5?

Old 12-06-2015, 03:48 PM
CCA Corvette Parts

Originally Posted by TheRadioFlyer

Most states have particular long-gun laws requiring them to remain locked up and in some cases ammo stored separately. Even if faced with something as violent as an active shooter situation, being able to safely access your long gun would suggest you are not in immediate danger and returning to the fight would line you up for a world of legal hurt. A pistol that you have on your person at the time of the incident can be more easily justified as a tool to help you survive.
Kinda depends on what state you live in...

In VA a CCW holder can just open carry an assault rifle - just
sling it over your shoulder and walk into 7-11 (not that I suggest it)
Nor do we have any duty to retreat if we or any other individual is being
threatened with harm or perceived harm. In VA you could easily get your long gun
And engage a bad guy if their intention is to harm you or any other person

Come to think about it - this False ***** concept may some how related
to the state you live in. I wonder if there is a false ***** study on the subject.

Regards
Chip

Last edited by CCA Corvette Parts; 12-06-2015 at 03:53 PM.
Old 12-06-2015, 03:59 PM
JR-01
Le Mans Master

Received 1,063 Likes on 805 Posts

Originally Posted by CCA Corvette Parts
Kinda depends on what state you live in...

In VA a CCW holder can just open carry an assault rifle - just
sling it over your shoulder and walk into 7-11 (not that I suggest it)
Nor do we have any duty to retreat if we or any other individual is being
threatened with harm or perceived harm. In VA you could easily get your long gun
And engage a bad guy if their intention is to harm you or any other person

Come to think about it - this False ***** concept may some how related
to the state you live in. I wonder if there is a false ***** study on the subject.

Regards
Chip
Yes, you can carry an AR 15 down the street and the cops will not bother you until you start killing people.

https://news.vice.com/article/911-op...shooting-spree
Old 12-06-2015, 04:00 PM
BADBIRDCAGE
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,974 Likes on 1,057 Posts

For the uneducated or inexperienced: Those of us that have served, or are serving, the community as law enforcement officers do not consider our primary sidearm as false *****. It is a tool. A method of defense of lives, be those lives our own or someone else's.

I suggest you take your own advice and do not carry. It isn't for those who don't know what to do with a firearm.

Quick Reply: Custom long gun box in C5?