Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 Vette Saves Another Proud Owner in Accident!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 08:36 PM
CindysC5
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts
Default C5 Vette Saves Another Proud Owner in Accident!

What can I say, but I'm PISSED!!! and very broken hearted!!!

Have only had my vette for a lousy 2 months and 4 days! Traveling down the highway with my girlfriend, who had already been in 2 accidents in 2 years within 5 miles of this same area, and was a little skiddish! So, I behaved myself and drove nicely lol!

I'm in the fast lane, doing just under the speed limit, and there's that damn Honda, being driven by an inexperienced 18 yr old girl, in the slow lane. She's about 50-75 feet ahead of me. Out of the wild blue yonder, she slams on her brakes and proceeds to turn in front of me!!! Guess she realized at the last moment she wanted to take a left across the highway onto a side road. No blinker, never saw me, smoke coming out from her tires from skidding to try and slow down enough to make the turn!!

I slammed on my brakes, had absolutely no where to go, ran into the rear driver's quarter panel, THEN proceeded to take her for a ride on the hood of my vette!!!!! WOW! My girlfriend nearly peed her pants (found out later if she had, she could have gotten $5k for the embarrassment )!! When I finally came to a stop, that's when her POS Honda got "kicked" off my gorgeous, stately vette!! (How dare that Honda try and hitch a ride with my vette!). Her rear bumper was about 10-12" from my windshield! Her tires and entire rear end were up on my hood!! I tore her rear driver's side fender and her muffler pretty much right off! I believe that's what scraped most of my car. On left side you can see the black from her tires.

Of course, I jumped out of my vette, and first thing out of my mouth was "I can't believe you just did that! I just got that vette 2 damn months ago"! (I already knew she was ok and her dog too!). After many tears from seeing the damage to my vette, then finally calming down, I did go ask her if she was OK. She never did ask us though...smh!

I had a witness who saw the entire thing from the oncoming traffic and turned around a mile down the road to come back and give me his name and number!! He even said she was smoking the tires so bad it was everywhere and was totally her fault. Had a couple other guys stop to make sure we were all good! Only took the damn cops 25 minutes to get there! When Statey did finally arrive, he saw her skid marks on road. I asked him if she admitted fault, which she did to us. He said no, but it was blatantly obviously what happened here!

In the meantime, I drove her home and she ran like a champ!!! Did pull a little to left but no leaks, nothing! Did notice my key fob not working now, assuming the receiver got damage. Any other car, the hood would have dented or caved in!! This baby is strong and built great! I'm very impressed really!! The other thing I was surprised about and glad that it didn't happen was the airbag didn't deploy! The craft items we had just picked up that were in the trunk came flying forward and girlfriend's drink went everywhere on her side. She went to hospital to get checked since her neck and shoulder were sore, but just pulled muscles. So far for me, I'm fine, but tomorrow morning will be the tell tale. Very thankful no one got hurt!! Could have been a whole lot worse! Very lucky and thank you God!!

Not sure whether insurance company will replace everything or try to fix it!! I'd rather replace and, if I had to pay a little on my end, get a hood with a nicely designed cowl/air induction in it!!

So, here we go having to have it fixed, hopefully get a rental car, and wait.......oh that wait......!!!!

**Sorry for the huge couple of pics...loaded them all the same.
Attached Images          

Last edited by CindysC5; 02-25-2016 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Added more pics
Old 02-22-2016, 08:47 PM
BackyardBuddy
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

So scary! I'm glad you were both OK!!
Old 02-22-2016, 08:50 PM
CindysC5
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by BackyardBuddy
So scary! I'm glad you were both OK!!
Thank you and yes it was for a split second! All happened so fast! Never been in a moving accident in my life!! All of them from everyone else's stupidity or not paying attention!!!
Old 02-22-2016, 09:00 PM
Rico7142
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 340 Likes on 288 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16

WoW!! Glad everyone was okay!! Could have been a lot worse.. The vette doesnt look to bad.. It will look great again!!
Old 02-22-2016, 09:12 PM
CindysC5
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Rico7142
WoW!! Glad everyone was okay!! Could have been a lot worse.. The vette doesnt look to bad.. It will look great again!!
Thanks Rico! Yes it will, just hurts a lot right now seeing it.... That's my baby!
Old 02-22-2016, 09:15 PM
Rico7142
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 340 Likes on 288 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16

Originally Posted by CindysC5
Thanks Rico! Yes it will, just hurts a lot right now seeing it.... That's my baby!
I can imagine how you feel .. Love my C5

You will be smiling again real soon!
The following users liked this post:
CindysC5 (02-22-2016)
Old 02-22-2016, 09:33 PM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,082 Likes on 1,635 Posts

Glad your OK and the vette survived, but I think I should stay clear, you don't seem to have the best luck ???????
Old 02-22-2016, 09:41 PM
JR-01
Le Mans Master

Received 1,063 Likes on 805 Posts

Originally Posted by akapounder
Glad your OK and the vette survived, but I think I should stay clear, you don't seem to have the best luck ???????
Old 02-22-2016, 09:45 PM
CindysC5
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by akapounder
Thanks! and Thanks a lot! lol I blamed my girlfriend for that since SHE'S the cursed one who's been 2 other accidents near there!! lol I did apologize after I must say!
Old 02-22-2016, 10:03 PM
RIKKI Z-06
Le Mans Master

Received 272 Likes on 186 Posts

Glad you and the girlfriend are OK, hopefully it was a wake-up call for the twit!
Old 02-22-2016, 10:06 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,298 Likes on 13,971 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Sure glad you're OK and hope your GF is feeing better. Amazing the number of idiots out there driving on the roads and unfortunately you found one of them. Hope the news isn't too bad on the damage to your car and you can get it fixed and back on the road in a reasonable period of time.
Old 02-22-2016, 10:24 PM
El original
Melting Slicks

Received 201 Likes on 168 Posts

Wow, talk about bad luck...do not buy a motorbike, would have been a tragedy. Would be nice to have a dash cam, we all could be watching it for real. I have one and suggest you do too! Best of luck on repairs. Rob
Old 02-22-2016, 11:01 PM
CindysC5
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RIKKI Z-06
Glad you and the girlfriend are OK, hopefully it was a wake-up call for the twit!
Ty!! Another girlfriend of mine said the same exact thing!!! lol
Old 02-22-2016, 11:03 PM
CindysC5
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Vetteman Jack
Sure glad you're OK and hope your GF is feeing better. Amazing the number of idiots out there driving on the roads and unfortunately you found one of them. Hope the news isn't too bad on the damage to your car and you can get it fixed and back on the road in a reasonable period of time.
Ty Jack! Bet any amount of $$ she was texting!!! I hope the news isn't too bad either!
Old 02-22-2016, 11:05 PM
CindysC5
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by El original
Wow, talk about bad luck...do not buy a motorbike, would have been a tragedy. Would be nice to have a dash cam, we all could be watching it for real. I have one and suggest you do too! Best of luck on repairs. Rob
I used to own 2 motorcycles! Never had a problem! I have a dash cam we got recently, but didn't come with the SD card and just haven't thought about getting it with so much other stuff going on! Probably the one and only time I needed it!! Go figure! I have 2 witnesses plus the state cop, so I'm good, but ya, seeing it for real would have been pretty awesome for the rest of you!!
Old 02-22-2016, 11:07 PM
CindysC5
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by thisMSGgood4me

Glad to hear no one was injured (or worse). Things can be repaired or replaced. People can't be (replaced).

Ty and you're right! Just hurts to see your baby all torn up like that. Two in my life time and both had to be real nice cars and neither my fault! Couldn't happen in my other every day drivers!!! Smh.....
Old 02-22-2016, 11:19 PM
95wht6spd
Le Mans Master

Received 271 Likes on 211 Posts

Maybe the dealership in WV hired her...

Get notified of new replies

To C5 Vette Saves Another Proud Owner in Accident!

Old 02-22-2016, 11:29 PM
95wht6spd
Le Mans Master

Received 271 Likes on 211 Posts

Her insurance company may still see you at fault, due to the ACDA rule. I am surprised the Vette did not stop shorter than the Honda. Good luck.
Old 02-22-2016, 11:44 PM
Black 02
Safety Car

Received 427 Likes on 316 Posts

You rear ended her but you're not considered at fault?

Curious to see how this plays out.
Old 02-22-2016, 11:47 PM
CalF
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts

You should give serious thought to seeing a personal injury attorney.You have the police report,witnesses and medical records to state your case for your girlfriends injuries.It will cost you nothing except your time and the lawyer only collects a fee if you win.Heck it might spook the insurance company into giving you a quick payout to avoid a much larger one a couple years from now.

Quick Reply: C5 Vette Saves Another Proud Owner in Accident!