St. Jude Donor '03-'04

The following users liked this post:
1Willy1 (02-28-2016)
Old 02-28-2016, 11:41 PM
imgn tht
Melting Slicks

Received 158 Likes on 131 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13, '15

Well, here we go again. You two children want to take this to PM? Or just continue in my thread and I'll unsubscribe from it myself...might prove more helpful to me.
Old 02-28-2016, 11:44 PM
1Willy1
Melting Slicks

Received 381 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by imgn tht
Well, here we go again. You two children want to take this to PM? Or just continue in my thread and I'll unsubscribe from it myself...might prove more helpful to me.
sorry buddy, ill leave now and remain a spectator
Old 02-29-2016, 03:13 AM
JETZ
Le Mans Master

Received 146 Likes on 123 Posts

Keep scrapping, it will wear down to the correct length soon!

frank

Originally Posted by 1Willy1
Also OP, they are cheap, so if you do care about having it, you can always keep replacing them every couple years as they wear out from scraping
Old 02-29-2016, 11:15 AM
imgn tht
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13, '15

Instead of putting the front bolt back in, would I be able to get some sort of 1/4" thick rubber pad between the leaf spring and control arm? Trying to remember how much space there was down there if I relieve some tension on the leaf spring. I'm picturing like a rectangular pad or something that can wedge between the two. Might be enough to give me what I need. Figure the tension between the leaf spring and control arm will keep it in place right?
Old 02-29-2016, 11:44 AM
lewislgZ06
NCM Lifetime Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,929 Likes on 2,014 Posts
2021 Corvette of the Year - Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Winner- Modified
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
St. Jude Donor '18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

I can't say whether or not if that would work, but sounds like a good way to potentially loose some fingers. There is alot of tension on those springs.
I opted to put my Eibach front bolts in and screw them all the way down. It's a lot more work, but gives you the flexibility to raise it up some if you need to, and you don't have to worry about them staying in place.
Old 02-29-2016, 12:14 PM
RVETTE42
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by imgn tht
Instead of putting the front bolt back in, would I be able to get some sort of 1/4" thick rubber pad between the leaf spring and control arm? Trying to remember how much space there was down there if I relieve some tension on the leaf spring. I'm picturing like a rectangular pad or something that can wedge between the two. Might be enough to give me what I need. Figure the tension between the leaf spring and control arm will keep it in place right?
Hi op just got back from vacation and I was reading your tread. Hope this might help you some. I added a C5 West front splitter just a while back. My car is lowered on stock bolts. The side stock spitters did have to be removed. I left the center splitter on to help direct air and there is a cut out in my C5 West splitter to allow air to pass though it. I have had some say on forum they think I need to lower it some more. I never worry about scraping my stock splitters as many have said they flex and it will happen. I drive carefully when entering driveways and some I avoid. The main thing I worry about is road debris. I would not go lower than stock bolts in fear of damaging my new splitter. To me having the new splitter out ways having the car a little lower.
Old 02-29-2016, 12:49 PM
imgn tht
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13, '15

You know after all this talking it out loud, I think I'm probably best to just get the c6 front aftermarket bolts. They are inexpensive and would protect my suspension and other invested purchases.

If I can find my factory ones, I could also look to cut them down. At the end of the day, it's the right choice and a little extra wheel gap is a fair trade off.

I appreciate the feedback, it helped me reconcile everything I was juggling to think about.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on scraping with a lowered vehicle