Sponsored by:

Still waiting on Hood!!!

Old 08-11-2016, 09:04 AM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,081 Likes on 1,634 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Willy1
I wasn't even going at you, I just find it offensive when I see one guy out of hundreds who wants to close a thread when it is not his thread to begin with

Cindy has gotten lots of help and advice here , and it looks like its finally starting to take a turn for the positive, but hey lets close it down because pounder is uncomfortable
Words NEVER make me uncomfortable, this thread is full of opinions and added mine. I don't feel race should ever come in to play here in any context. I am not the only one to feel as this thread has gone nowhere, I have seen few opinions here that have helped her.(lately) I see it as the same as Auto vs Manual ///Black or Chrome wheels/// Vert vs Coupe

Last edited by Pounder; 08-11-2016 at 10:15 AM.
Old 08-11-2016, 09:10 AM
Murray Anderson
Team Owner

Received 156 Likes on 92 Posts

I asked for it to go away 2 weeks ago.

We have 16 wanna be lawyers and 7 guys that helped their uncle one Saturday
wet sanding a fender telling her what she should do.

It's gone from that, to how many definitions of "hood" can be drummed up using 5 different sources.

No matter the outcome there will be 15 "I told you so"
And 5 "I knew it"
Old 08-11-2016, 09:14 AM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,260 Likes on 1,055 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

I say let it keep going, it tends to get stale around here and threads like these are entertaining to say the least
The following users liked this post:
tommypenguin (08-11-2016)
Old 08-11-2016, 09:32 AM
Forcedvert
Melting Slicks

Received 371 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by Murray Anderson
I asked for it to go away 2 weeks ago.

We have 16 wanna be lawyers and 7 guys that helped their uncle one Saturday
wet sanding a fender telling her what she should do.

It's gone from that, to how many definitions of "hood" can be drummed up using 5 different sources.

No matter the outcome there will be 15 "I told you so"
And 5 "I knew it"
Just don't click if you don't want to read it.
Old 08-11-2016, 09:57 AM
imjdoggie
Pro

Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Forcedvert
Why would you think she needs the "authorities" to get her car out. You must not have read too closely, she wants it there, thats why it's still there, her choice.

Don't start with me bruh I read it all!!! Cindy should have her %$#@&* head checked dealing with all this AND still leaving her car there!!! I also see you instigating and starting $h!t with people this whole thread. You seem to have a lot of skin in this, are you fixing the car or is it one of your friends? Every other page you stick up for this @$$hole so please enlighten me as to how you are involved.....................

Last edited by imjdoggie; 08-11-2016 at 10:00 AM.
Old 08-11-2016, 10:36 AM
JR-01
Le Mans Master

Received 1,063 Likes on 805 Posts

Originally Posted by imjdoggie
Don't start with me bruh I read it all!!! Cindy should have her %$#@&* head checked dealing with all this AND still leaving her car there!!! I also see you instigating and starting $h!t with people this whole thread. You seem to have a lot of skin in this, are you fixing the car or is it one of your friends? Every other page you stick up for this @$$hole so please enlighten me as to how you are involved.....................
Two sides to every story.
If this guy really was an @$$hole, he would have told her to come get her car. Instead he is going to finish it on his dime.
The original agreement was to customize her car with the insurance money and he would do the work in his spare time. He waited 2 months for crappy parts that were not even close to fitting and spent countless hours fitting those parts. He has lost money on this job and still plans on finishing it, but he has to do the paying jobs first to pay the bills and stay in business. Both parties have definitely screwed up, but the shop owner is no more to blame than the car owner.
The shop owner is not a predator or criminal. He just got caught up in a bad situation just like Cindy.
SaxyVette (08-11-2016)
Old 08-11-2016, 10:45 AM
imjdoggie
Pro

Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

^^^very well said I will agree with SOME of this................I'm suggesting we all agree to disagree.
CindysC5 (08-11-2016)
Old 08-11-2016, 11:26 AM
JR-01
Le Mans Master

Received 1,063 Likes on 805 Posts

Originally Posted by imjdoggie
^^^very well said I will agree with SOME of this................I'm suggesting we all agree to disagree.

Now we just wait and see what happens.
Old 08-11-2016, 12:17 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

This has gone on long enough.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...conflicts.html

For the most part, the CF community remains a friendly place where ideas, thoughts, and assistance can be found. Unfortunately, there are times when members forget that this is an Internet forum and issues between members can get out of hand. This includes members turning to the forum to air a personal offline/on-line problem which results in sides being drawn by participating members.

In these situations, it is the forum's role to expeditiously end any conflict for the good of the forum and its membership. The forum's goal is not only to remain family, work, and corporate server safe, it also will not serve as a battleground where offline/on-line personal matters and drama are permitted to be played out in front of other members.

Any thread(s) that contain open bickering, name calling, subtle derogatory messages, "digs," personal attacks, or anything negative in nature will be closed/edited or deleted, and any participating members who post in violation of this rule, will jeopardize their posting privileges.

If any member is being harassed on-line in a thread or privately via PM, they should avoid a confrontation with the offending member and immediately report the problem to a section Moderator via PM, or by clicking on the "report post," icon under their user name.

The Moderator will evaluate the issue and take appropriate action to rectify the situation.
The following 3 users liked this post by Vette_DD:
2FAS4UU (08-11-2016), CindysC5 (08-11-2016), friou (08-23-2016)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Still waiting on Hood!!!