Sponsored by:

My own stupidity.

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 11:25 PM
DBH-Vette
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My own stupidity.

I just got done replacing my radiator. I left the end of the hoses mounted to wherever they were and only took them off the radiator. I also removed the surge tank. When hooking up the hoses they were fairly simple figuring out where they go. I know the J hose connects to the surge tank on top but it came loose from where it was connected. I can't find where it connects. Also have a small hose coming from the top of the engine in the middle and am not sure if it connects to the small port on the passenger side of the radiator at the top. I know I should have taken pictures when I was doing it but didn't think it would take more than a week to get the radiator. Any help would be greatly appreciated as always.
Old 08-05-2016, 12:08 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,232 Likes on 13,933 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

If it is the hoses I am thinking about, the J-hose from the surge tank connects to the top of the radiator on the outboard nipple and the one coming from the center of the engine connects to the top of the radiator on the inboard nipple. Both are on the passenger side directly under the upper radiator shroud. At least that is how mine is connected. Hope I am talking about the same hose you are from the center of the engine.
Old 08-05-2016, 07:08 AM
DetroitPlac
Burning Brakes

Received 107 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by Vetteman Jack
If it is the hoses I am thinking about, the J-hose from the surge tank connects to the top of the radiator on the outboard nipple and the one coming from the center of the engine connects to the top of the radiator on the inboard nipple. Both are on the passenger side directly under the upper radiator shroud. At least that is how mine is connected. Hope I am talking about the same hose you are from the center of the engine.
This. I just replaced my balancer, and when I put everything back together, I had these hoses switched. The hose sizes ARE different and I ended up with a pretty bad leak. Swapped the hoses and all is good.
Old 08-05-2016, 04:37 PM
DBH-Vette
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hoses

Originally Posted by Vetteman Jack
I figured out the J hose thanks to you, but the other hose is small in diameter from the front of the engine and doesn't even reach the radiator very well. I think it's a throttle body coolant hose but I can't find where it connects, to another hose or somewhere. At first I thought it was coming out of the top of the water pump.

Get notified of new replies

To My own stupidity.

Quick Reply: My own stupidity.