Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] C5 Z06 value question......

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2016, 05:41 PM
TGO
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

It is violent lol! It's great though. You really don't have to push all that hard to get satisfaction...which is great because I have a healthy fear of all my cars. I like fun as much as the next guy but I try not to do anything stupid.

I can't imagine driving a ZR1 or a new Z06. At least pushing one to their limits.
Old 10-04-2016, 10:46 PM
SLO VETTE
Race Director

Received 326 Likes on 188 Posts

I can't either. And I haven't because I'd probably drive home in one if I did.

Originally Posted by TGO
It is violent lol! It's great though. You really don't have to push all that hard to get satisfaction...which is great because I have a healthy fear of all my cars. I like fun as much as the next guy but I try not to do anything stupid.

I can't imagine driving a ZR1 or a new Z06. At least pushing one to their limits.

Last edited by SLO VETTE; 10-04-2016 at 10:46 PM.
The following users liked this post:
jetpowr (12-18-2016)
Old 10-04-2016, 11:08 PM
JD_Ls7
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

3 years ago I had a 1 owner 2009 C6 z06. It only had 13k miles on the clock. It also apparently had wiring issues which is why the dealership bought it back. But in stock form with just drag radials, that car was fun.
Old 10-08-2016, 07:58 AM
JALLEN4
Melting Slicks

Received 2,163 Likes on 1,004 Posts

I am a new member here having just recently rejoined the forum. My last Corvette (of many) was a Museum delivery C5 convertible that I sold in 2003. As background, I am a retired new luxury car dealer for forty years.

My interest in this thread comes from my most recent car purchase. A 2002 Z06 with 4,000 miles. The car has been properly stored, is perfect in every way, and has every piece of paperwork possible. It has had zero modifications. I paid more than the $28,000 discussed here and would most likely buy another one if it could be found with all the same circumstances.

While I can appreciate the call from many of the value of a cheaper high mileage car, it is always going to be just that...a cheaper lower quality vehicle. From a professional view, you can never go wrong, for a few thousand dollars, buying the very best car available. There are always people willing to pay for the very best.
C5Dobie (10-10-2016)
Old 10-10-2016, 10:48 AM
C5Dobie
Drifting

Received 155 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by JALLEN4
I am a new member here having just recently rejoined the forum. My last Corvette (of many) was a Museum delivery C5 convertible that I sold in 2003. As background, I am a retired new luxury car dealer for forty years.

My interest in this thread comes from my most recent car purchase. A 2002 Z06 with 4,000 miles. The car has been properly stored, is perfect in every way, and has every piece of paperwork possible. It has had zero modifications. I paid more than the $28,000 discussed here and would most likely buy another one if it could be found with all the same circumstances.

While I can appreciate the call from many of the value of a cheaper high mileage car, it is always going to be just that...a cheaper lower quality vehicle. From a professional view, you can never go wrong, for a few thousand dollars, buying the very best car available. There are always people willing to pay for the very best.
Thank you sir, for dropping the mic
Old 10-11-2016, 10:42 AM
LemansBlueStingray
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Did you buy the MY 02' from Mershons? I saw the car when I stopped by there last month. It was beautiful!
Old 10-11-2016, 04:26 PM
JALLEN4
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by LemansBlueStingray
Did you buy the MY 02' from Mershons? I saw the car when I stopped by there last month. It was beautiful!
Yes I did.
Old 10-11-2016, 05:19 PM
racebum
Race Director

Received 153 Likes on 146 Posts

25k is basically rock bottom on that. 28k really isn't far out of line provided it really is mint and has been maintained and driven a few times a year since new. you may see how it goes around 27k but there are more than a few 04s with 5k miles that have gone for 30k
Old 10-11-2016, 05:53 PM
jeff7251954
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts

Yes I did.
The pics of that car look great on Mershon's website. That MY/TR combo is unique, but I've always really liked it.
Mershons had a SW/BLK with 8k miles that sat for awhile in the spring of 2014. I believe the asking price was $29. I have yet to see another SW car with those miles for sale. There can't be but a couple of them left with that mileage or lower.
Old 10-11-2016, 10:38 PM
LemansBlueStingray
Burning Brakes

Yes I did.
Congrats. That car certainly looked impeccable in the quick look I gave it. You planning on parking it or driving it a bit? If it is the latter there is a Fall Colors road tour just south of Dayton this Sunday put on by a local Corvette restoration shop. Let me know if your interested! I will have my 10k mile MY 02' Z06 out for the tour!

Last edited by LemansBlueStingray; 10-12-2016 at 12:21 AM.
Old 10-12-2016, 10:21 AM
JALLEN4
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by LemansBlueStingray
Congrats. That car certainly looked impeccable in the quick look I gave it. You planning on parking it or driving it a bit? If it is the latter there is a Fall Colors road tour just south of Dayton this Sunday put on by a local Corvette restoration shop. Let me know if your interested! I will have my 10k mile MY 02' Z06 out for the tour!
Sounds as if you have a very nice car and I look forward to seeing it someday. I plan to drive mine in good weather. At my age, holding them and not driving them, only serves to pay my eventual not too far away nursing home bill!
ssrallyred (12-15-2016)
Old 10-13-2016, 05:56 PM
ZR-1 Mark
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

TTT
Am pulling the trigger on this car on Saturday....oddly enough this is my 3rd C5 Z06. The yellow just does it for me. Now I shouldn't have to worry about the valve springs should I ? And we negotiated to a price I can live with, considering I had a trade...

Life is good...
Mark
Old 10-13-2016, 09:44 PM
LemansBlueStingray
Burning Brakes

Sounds as if you have a very nice car and I look forward to seeing it someday. I plan to drive mine in good weather. At my age, holding them and not driving them, only serves to pay my eventual not too far away nursing home bill!
Amen! They are meant to be driven. If you are like me I will probably only put 1k miles on it per summer on nice days. Not like I am driving 85 miles a day to work like I do with my DD.

Originally Posted by ZR-1 Mark
TTT
Am pulling the trigger on this car on Saturday....oddly enough this is my 3rd C5 Z06. The yellow just does it for me. Now I shouldn't have to worry about the valve springs should I ? And we negotiated to a price I can live with, considering I had a trade...

Life is good...
Mark
Congrats! Life is too short not to buy the toys you want
Old 10-14-2016, 05:39 AM
Shakeydeal
Melting Slicks

Received 304 Likes on 254 Posts

Yeah, make sure you keep the car nice for the next owner. Maybe he'll drive it.

Shakey
Old 10-14-2016, 04:34 PM
jeff7251954
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Shakeydeal
Yeah, make sure you keep the car nice for the next owner. Maybe he'll drive it.

Shakey
Not one of your better posts. Negative, personal attacks diminish the value of this forum and that's a shame.
ssrallyred (12-15-2016)
Old 10-14-2016, 05:36 PM
racebum
Race Director

Received 153 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff7251954
Not one of your better posts. Negative, personal attacks diminish the value of this forum and that's a shame.
i can't figure out why the forum has so many of them

like what's the point in being a dick to people just for the sake of being a dick?
ssrallyred (12-15-2016)
Old 10-14-2016, 08:17 PM
JD_Ls7
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by racebum
i can't figure out why the forum has so many of them

like what's the point in being a dick to people just for the sake of being a dick?
It could be many things. They could just be extremely opinionated ******** who only talk to people like that from behind the safety of their keyboard. Or it could be someone who's having a bad day, sees the post, and decides to be a *** for no other reason than to be one. It's the way of the internet.

Get notified of new replies

To C5 Z06 value question......

Old 10-15-2016, 06:43 AM
Shakeydeal
Melting Slicks

Received 304 Likes on 254 Posts

Both of you butt hurt Nancys need to toughen up. If you are offended by that post, the internet might not be the best place for you. And sarcasm might just be going over your head on a daily basis.

Shakey
Old 10-15-2016, 09:40 AM
RockyMtC5
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Agree with shakey, this is a public forum so if you can't take the heat.....

I also find it strange to put a car in the garage and barely drive it in order to hold onto the "value". I value driving my car and have put about 12k miles on it in the last year (it's my garage queen). If a C5 has less than 10k miles on it, there are probably going to be some issues like dried and potentially leaky gaskets and bushings, old fluids, etc.

But at he end of the day, everyone makes their own choices and that's fine with me
Shakeydeal (10-15-2016)
Old 10-15-2016, 10:04 AM
JALLEN4
Melting Slicks

Not driving a car extended miles is not necessarily just to preserve the value. Many folks have multiple cars that serve a variety of purposes. In our ZO6 cases, if not driving the car results in a fifty-percent increase in value over the next five years, it wouldn't change too many owners lifestyles.

We should all be thankful there are a number of Corvette owners that enjoy just owning the car. This has enabled the hobby to be a robust one with a larger percentage of well kept older models than normal. These older survivors or restored vehicles have always been a feature in the Corvette world.

If you enjoy your vehicle by driving it, racing it, showing it, or just plain looking at it...more power to you. Denigrating other people's choices is really short sighted. After all, if the guy who previously owned mine had not kept it in a virtual time warp, I would have never had the opportunity to experience it.
ssrallyred (12-15-2016)

Quick Reply: [Z06] C5 Z06 value question......