Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlight keeps going up and down

Old 10-21-2016, 04:09 AM
Mr_Moon
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Headlight keeps going up and down

I can't seem to find this specific issue addressed anywhere. Last weekend I replaced my OEM headlight gears with brass ones due to the plastic ones missing teeth and causing grinding issues. The headlights worked like a dream until last night when I got home from work. I turned the lights off and the driver's side light kept going up and down over and over. I turned the lights back on and it stayed up as it should. I turned them off and the issue persisted. I turned the lights back on and I popped the hood to see if I could touch the manual crank to keep it from spinning. As soon as I popped the hood and turned the lights off, the headlights worked fine and stayed down. Anyone know what could cause this?
Old 10-21-2016, 07:58 AM
calvins
Safety Car

Received 237 Likes on 108 Posts
Oldtimer

Excellent info! I believe I'll add it into the C5 Corvette Common Problems section of the documents in the sticky! (properly attributed of course.)
Old 10-21-2016, 12:06 PM
Mr_Moon
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you

I actually have those washers already. I left them off because I dropped one of them in my driveway and can't find it. I'll have to go track it down.

Get notified of new replies

To Headlight keeps going up and down

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Headlight keeps going up and down