Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are your thoughts on blower cams before blower installed?

Old 11-08-2016, 08:14 PM
00__Vette
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default What are your thoughts on blower cams before blower installed?

I'm going to do heads and cam this winter and then next winter add an ECS supercharger kit.

Do you think its a bad idea to go with a blower cam for roughly a year without a blower and what kind of power would you predict with Advanced Inductions worked 243 heads with a big blower cam?

I'd like to see over 420whp before I add the blower, but would prefer to see more like 450whp. Goal post blower is at least 650whp.
Old 11-08-2016, 08:58 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,260 Likes on 1,055 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

I did a blower cam on my 02z with stock heads, headers, and vararam, and ran it for maybe a year before adding the blower... it made right at 420rwhp n/a and yours will probably make a bit more with worked heads... I think it's a good idea, the car will still run good and probably keep you happy until you get to the point of installing the blower... the bad decision in my opinion is the company you intend on using, I made a bad mistake dealing with those guys... I strongly suggest doing your research into the differences in some of the kits on the market... after dealing with 2 different supercharger companies a&a is the only one I would recommend, their kit is designed better, the quality is much nicer, and their customer service (before and after the sale) is leaps and bounds better
Old 11-08-2016, 09:14 PM
00__Vette
Racer

Originally Posted by neutron82
I did a blower cam on my 02z with stock heads, headers, and vararam, and ran it for maybe a year before adding the blower... it made right at 420rwhp n/a and yours will probably make a bit more with worked heads... I think it's a good idea, the car will still run good and probably keep you happy until you get to the point of installing the blower... the bad decision in my opinion is the company you intend on using, I made a bad mistake dealing with those guys... I strongly suggest doing your research into the differences in some of the kits on the market... after dealing with 2 different supercharger companies a&a is the only one I would recommend, their kit is designed better, the quality is much nicer, and their customer service (before and after the sale) is leaps and bounds better
Thanks for the feedback. Currently all I have is a vararam intake. Obviously as I said earlier, going to add the H/C and some LT's. Headers are a must before the H/C.

If you don't mind, what issues did you have with ECS or why do you say that is a bad idea?

Again, thanks for the post/feedback.
Old 11-08-2016, 09:20 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,260 Likes on 1,055 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

just a horrible company that are quick to take your money but will leave you hanging afterwards and on top of that their kit isn't all it's talked up to be either... I'll have to pm you sometime because it's wayyyy too much to type out here
Old 11-08-2016, 09:26 PM
00__Vette
Racer

Originally Posted by neutron82
just a horrible company that are quick to take your money but will leave you hanging afterwards and on top of that their kit isn't all it's talked up to be either... I'll have to pm you sometime because it's wayyyy too much to type out here
Yeah, do that! Thanks man.

Get notified of new replies

To What are your thoughts on blower cams before blower installed?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What are your thoughts on blower cams before blower installed?