Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking at having a McCleod RXT installed, recommendations for Maryland shops???

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 08:29 PM
00__Vette
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Looking at having a McCleod RXT installed, recommendations for Maryland shops???

Can anyone help me find a good reasonably priced shop here in Maryland to install a new clutch for me? And what should I expect to pay for the install?

I had a clutch installed on my C5 Coupe back in the day and the shop did a horrible job. I don't think they had ever done a C5, well I ended up having to have it redone and I don't recall the cost.

I have a mechanic friend local who I have been messaging on Facebook, and he said his shop would charge me around $1000 for the install.

TIA for the help!

-Jon-
Old 11-16-2016, 10:20 PM
TriniJoe
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 00__Vette
Can anyone help me find a good reasonably priced shop here in Maryland to install a new clutch for me?

I had some work done there on my C5 and for the work I had done, the price was reasonable and they take care of your car. Never had clutch work done there but they do clutch work.
Old 11-18-2016, 10:04 AM
lmarchett12
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I went though the same process of finding a shop in the DMV area for my C5. Prices ranged from $1,100 to $2,300 for labor alone.

I went for the least expensive option and would not recommend that shop, find somewhere in the middle that has experience and is willing to take their time.
Old 11-18-2016, 09:45 PM
00__Vette
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by lmarchett12
I went though the same process of finding a shop in the DMV area for my C5. Prices ranged from $1,100 to $2,300 for labor alone.

I went for the least expensive option and would not recommend that shop, find somewhere in the middle that has experience and is willing to take their time.
Man, that sure seems expensive!! Is that what everyone is paying?

Get notified of new replies

To Looking at having a McCleod RXT installed, recommendations for Maryland shops???

Quick Reply: Looking at having a McCleod RXT installed, recommendations for Maryland shops???