Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wow, this guy nails it on C5 ownership (Merged)

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 03:35 PM
grampi50
Le Mans Master

Received 548 Likes on 408 Posts

I didn't understand the part where he said he had more of an emotional connection with the Mustang than he had with the C5...I had a 5.0 Fox body Stang and it was simply not comparable to C5 in any way, shape, or form, and it certainly didn't have the charisma the C5 has...
Old 12-29-2016, 04:01 PM
TwoSmoke
Team Owner

Received 126 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by grampi50
I didn't understand the part where he said he had more of an emotional connection with the Mustang than he had with the C5...I had a 5.0 Fox body Stang and it was simply not comparable to C5 in any way, shape, or form, and it certainly didn't have the charisma the C5 has...

Considering what the author considers important in a sports car, I would think it's because of the back seat in the Mustang.
Old 12-29-2016, 04:09 PM
Roddy13
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 97 Posts

I like Matt Farah but I think he is all over the place with Cars. I don't mean that as an insult I watch his youtube channel weekly, and he has gotten me interested in cars I would have never considered.

I think we are the most marketed to generation and everyone wants better, newer and best. I have gone through a lot of cars in less than a decade, having a SRT Viper and a Mustang Cobra in my garage at the same time was a highlight for me, but also a revelation that both cars were in a sense stupid purchases. I sold both within months of each other and swore I'd never buy another frivolous car.

8 months later I bought the C5. Like Matt says its not the newest, not the greatest. But its pretty wicked. People still trip all over themselves when I tell them I have a vette, or when they see the vette.

I think Matt will regret selling his corvette... practically his first car. I can't say I wont sell my C5 one day either.... but I think he should have kept it. Just my 2 cents. Frankly how much money would he have gotten for it? I know I paid about a Chevrolet Spark or Hyundai Accent for my C5.

Last edited by Roddy13; 12-29-2016 at 04:10 PM.
Old 12-29-2016, 04:17 PM
RSbeast
Burning Brakes

Received 256 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Evil-Twin
You are just too stupid to understand that I only come here to help...I've never once in 60 000 post both in open forum or private message have I ever started a thread with the idea to be mean or belittle someone....I have however defended myself with as much enthusiasm as I felt necessary

This post is just an example...you took it upon yourself to attack me, and to show your stupidity you posted that I left this forum at your suggestion....what a sad and pathetic person you are.... I left this forum because I was diagnosed with stage 4 esophageal cancer...any one here who knows me, knows that a fact. Many many friends from this forum held my hand in the hospital while I spent 31 days in critical care.

You are the hater not me...I will defend myself with as much vigor as I can conjour.

In this thread, I agreed with another member about the actual read and it's entertainment value, I also agreed with him on not needing to read the profanity.

It was then when members started to attach my position on profanity...I will never lower my standards of morals and ethics, just to fit in...

You however take the opportunity to THINK you could possibly get in my pant because you think you are some kind of legend....you are just another poser with no credible advice to offer,and only realism in your own glory cheap shot ting people who have served this community with 60,000 helpful post. I've never once come here looking for help...
It people like you who give this place a bad rap...unfortunatly there are lots more of you than there are of me. But I come here to help and not poke my finger in the eye of those seeking help
I will do my best to show you, and people like you, my finger

Too stupid? To what exactly? Know an ******* when I see one?

Not sure where you are pulling numbers or why anyone even cares, but it seems you only get on here to self promote. What help did you offer here? That you are better than anyone who uses profanity?

I did not attack you in a post. YOU sir, posted first putting down anyone who has ever used foul language and insinuated a flaw of character and moral fiber. You literally threw anyone who has ever sworn under the bus stating how great you are. I replied to YOU.

Prior to you leaving the forum, you were called out in multiple posts (much like now) for your angst against all and how your personal life had struggled with your son. I'm sorry you are going through a losing battle but taking your frustration out on the world isn't getting you remembered as some 'great corvette helper'...you belittle people, constantly.

Now you place words in my mouth as I find myself a legend? A whole lot to infer by someone who never fails to try and point out exactly his involvement with every aspect of his life to the conversation as your knowledge alone is the rule to follow. Then backed up by your 'legendary' post count or PM which btw is non reflective of what is listed under your name.

No, as much as I have been involved in a plethora of the automotive industry and still today, I keep quiet. Because people DON'T care. Why would anyone NEED to have to convince anyone of their status before 'helping'. Oh man you were an engineer that happened to work on a car. Great. There are hundreds that share involvement. I used to work with them day in and day out.

You got involved here because your personal family value set was the end all be all; and when you didn't like it you called them stupid - circumvented the profanity filter here and continued on with your blind slighting of people.

Enjoy it while you can, because it sounds like it's not going to be forever. If you want to be remembered as a jerk off, keep it up. I'll just be some pouser 'with no creditable advise' that hasn't formed some hate group to jump down my throat whenever I post. Quite frankly, my reply to you was without animosity. I gave my opinion and you told me I was less educated for it.

Kindly take your finger and sit on it. It will be the most useful thing you did with it today

Last edited by RSbeast; 12-29-2016 at 04:18 PM.
Old 12-29-2016, 04:40 PM
jackjohnson_218
Racer

Received 129 Likes on 86 Posts

I'm also a bit confused about the part regarding the large gaps and paint quality. My 98 has no large or uneven panel gaps and it's got more mileage than his. I find the fitment to actually be better than my s2000 In terms of paint quality, I've always found cars made after the mid 2000's to have extremely brittle paint. I drive where the city sands the hell out of the roads and my previous daily drivers looked much better after more harsh miles than ones I've owned recently. Not sure if this is due to the change over to water-based paints or not.
The following users liked this post:
Roddy13 (12-29-2016)
Old 12-29-2016, 04:52 PM
~Josh
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 1,319 Likes on 788 Posts

You are just too stupid to understand that I only come here to help...I've never once in 60 000 post both in open forum or private message have I ever started a thread with the idea to be mean or belittle someone....
Bull.

You've popped into something I've done and smarted off in a snide way. Another member made the comment that I'd been "ET'd" as if it was something common.

Don't act like you're above it, that would make you either ignorant or a liar.
Old 12-29-2016, 05:32 PM
1Willy1
Melting Slicks

Received 381 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by grampi50
That's where he loses credibility with me as well

He is knocking the build quality of the C5, we all know its not perfect but compared to a damn fox body mustang it might as well be an Aston martin

Hes just looking to justify the fact that his girlfriend made him sell it.

Hes **** weak
Roddy13 (12-29-2016)
Old 12-29-2016, 05:52 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

Received 3,812 Likes on 1,925 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Originally Posted by RSbeast
Too stupid? To what exactly? Know an ******* when I see one?

Prior to you leaving the forum, you were called out in multiple posts (much like now) for your angst against all and how your personal life had struggled with your son. I'm sorry you are going through a losing battle but taking your frustration out on the world isn't getting you remembered as some 'great corvette helper'...you belittle people, constantly.
What are you talking about angst with my Son??? my son is a well educated engineer like myself.. with a beautiful family and a great job.. he was brought up right and his values are the same as mine.. He has never given me or my wife one minute of grief. He was on the ice playing hockey from the time he was 5,
played for three traveling teams and then the Philadelphia Flyers in Jr hockey, Got a Scholarship to Boston University where he got his engineering degree. Angst against my Son??? you are the one pulling BS out of your butt, just to enforce your sad and pathetic position and obviously clueless. Ive received a few thank you over the last two years since the thank you button was established.. I sleep well at night knowing I will never be the typical forum dweller that you are, a hero in your own mind. You are not the first person to try to get into my paints and wont be the last.. but your comments are laughable... I don't take any crap from anyone. and certainly not from you.
Old 12-29-2016, 05:54 PM
RSbeast
Burning Brakes

Emotional ties have noting to do with build quality. If you follow Matt or happen to read up about his fox; it was the car he wanted and never had. Apparently he and his buddies cut their teeth on fox Mustangs and he always wanted what he recently purchased. He ended up with an SN95 style car for safety sake via his parents. I myself love the SN cars, but the fox has its own mystique about it when done right. He just dumped 40k (absurdly and mostly shop costs) into his fox and it's fresh and new. After watching his reviews on c7s; you can tell he was growing tired of his c5 - referring to it as a 'shitbox' in comparison. That doesn't make it not fun to drive or useful; but they are worlds apart.

Frankly I can't see myself owning a car 19yrs so it's rather amazing it kept his attention as long as it did.

The corvette was actually purchased by another well known writer/reviewer's wife as a fun track day car. I'm certain the opportunity to buy it back can and most likely will happen - but maybe I'm wrong.

He certainly worded it as the gf needed parking. It was my first reaction too. He does have various other cars though. To me it sounded like the right money at the right time with enough justified reasons - and in the back of his mind he knows he can likely get the car back. I wouldn't be surprised if he bought a torch red c7 as the 'new and improved' replacement in the least though.
Old 12-29-2016, 06:00 PM
RSbeast
Burning Brakes

What are you talking about angst with my Son??? my son is a well educated engineer like myself.. with a beautiful family and a great job.. he was brought up right and his values are the same as mine.. He has never given me or my wife one minute of grief. He was on the ice playing hockey from the time he was 5,
played for three traveling teams and then the Philadelphia Flyers in Jr hockey, Got a Scholarship to Boston University where he got his engineering degree. Angst against my Son??? you are the one pulling BS out of your butt, just to enforce your sad and pathetic position and obviously clueless. Ive received a few thank you over the last two years since the thank you button was established.. I sleep well at night knowing I will never be the typical forum dweller that you are, a hero in your own mind. You are not the first person to try to get into my paints and wont be the last.. but your comments are laughable... I don't take any crap from anyone. and certainly not from you.
I was paraphasing your mentioned past relationship; but I guess we all know every last detail about his accreditation too. You are the misguided hero. Shall I post my resume to even continue conversation? Just keep propping up on that high horse man, looking down on us sad pathetic forum dwellers. Such self righteousness should be reserved for royalty.

Last edited by RSbeast; 12-29-2016 at 06:00 PM.
Old 12-29-2016, 06:13 PM
1Willy1
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by RSbeast
Emotional ties have noting to do with build quality. If you follow Matt or happen to read up about his fox; it was the car he wanted and never had. Apparently he and his buddies cut their teeth on fox Mustangs and he always wanted what he recently purchased. He ended up with an SN95 style car for safety sake via his parents. I myself love the SN cars, but the fox has its own mystique about it when done right. He just dumped 40k (absurdly and mostly shop costs) into his fox and it's fresh and new. After watching his reviews on c7s; you can tell he was growing tired of his c5 - referring to it as a 'shitbox' in comparison. That doesn't make it not fun to drive or useful; but they are worlds apart.

Frankly I can't see myself owning a car 19yrs so it's rather amazing it kept his attention as long as it did.

The corvette was actually purchased by another well known writer/reviewer's wife as a fun track day car. I'm certain the opportunity to buy it back can and most likely will happen - but maybe I'm wrong.

He certainly worded it as the gf needed parking. It was my first reaction too. He does have various other cars though. To me it sounded like the right money at the right time with enough justified reasons - and in the back of his mind he knows he can likely get the car back. I wouldn't be surprised if he bought a torch red c7 as the 'new and improved' replacement in the least though.
One thing about Matt is he is not very good with modding cars in my opinion.....even with his endless sponsors and decent cash flow he really never has anything that looks good.

His C5 was a perfect example, it was always ugly from day one till the day he sold it (just my opinion).

This is now his fox body that he used $40k? To modify ?

I actually like the original 5.0's but geez man, whats he doing.

Cant wait to see what his next project is...... maybe a Honda Accord?
Attached Images  

Last edited by 1Willy1; 12-29-2016 at 06:15 PM.
zdeckich (12-30-2016)
Old 12-29-2016, 06:16 PM
zeevette
Race Director

Received 288 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by ~Josh
Bull.

You've popped into something I've done and smarted off in a snide way. Another member made the comment that I'd been "ET'd" as if it was something common.

Don't act like you're above it, that would make you either ignorant or a liar.
That was me Josh. I was ET'd too in a couple of threads, but he brings a lot of information to the collective, with his history. His car looks amazing, too.
Old 12-29-2016, 06:33 PM
chasboy
Le Mans Master

Received 914 Likes on 721 Posts
Oldtimer

Ok boys, it's time for the sniping to stop. Too much anger and personal attacks for no good reason, it's that simple.

I thought the article was fine, I find Matt more interesting on video.
As for Fox Mustangs, I still don't see the attraction, tried many times. I guess they are good for 'bang for the buck', but I'd look elsewhere or save my money. Just MY opinion!
Old 12-29-2016, 06:39 PM
BlackandTan2004
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

Anyone ever see Matt wash a car? Yikes.... Look it up on YouTube.

I find his piece interesting and can definitely relate. I got rid of an awesome lifted truck because of a girl.

When I met my wife I made it very clear that no woman would ever come between me and my truck (It may have been on our first date). I have had 6 trucks since I met her.... 6.5 years ago. It's like I am trying to get back to the truck I got rid of on that seasonable day in September of 2009.

I watched his "films" anyway because he made me laugh and he was brutally honest. Best of luck to him. I sure hope his girl is a dimepiece.

Never cared for the look of his C5, but to each their own.
Old 12-29-2016, 06:41 PM
BlackandTan2004
Racer

Originally Posted by chasboy
I thought the article was fine, I find Matt more interesting on video.
As for Fox Mustangs, I still don't see the attraction, tried many times. I guess they are good for 'bang for the buck', but I'd look elsewhere or save my money. Just MY opinion!
Bang for the buck.... Have you bought a C5 recently?!?!?!?!

Hope you are enjoying your pewter one!
Old 12-29-2016, 11:59 PM
chasboy
Le Mans Master

Received 914 Likes on 721 Posts
Oldtimer

Originally Posted by BlackandTan2004
Bang for the buck.... Have you bought a C5 recently?!?!?!?!

Hope you are enjoying your pewter one!
Not sure what you mean, but I bought the Pewter this past April, righting a mistake I made 2 years before.(selling my Z06).
Old 12-30-2016, 06:45 AM
BlackandTan2004
Racer

Originally Posted by chasboy
Not sure what you mean, but I bought the Pewter this past April, righting a mistake I made 2 years before.(selling my Z06).
Most consider the C5 the best bang for the buck when it comes to performance cars.

Get notified of new replies

To Wow, this guy nails it on C5 ownership (Merged)

Old 12-30-2016, 08:04 AM
REDHOTS
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Profanity is much less offensive than many of words written, just in this thread. I'd rather hear my grandson's swear, than go around telling people how smart, and great they are compared to anyone else.
Pounder (12-30-2016)
Old 12-30-2016, 05:46 PM
1Willy1
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by REDHOTS
Profanity is much less offensive than many of words written, just in this thread. I'd rather hear my grandson's swear, than go around telling people how smart, and great they are compared to anyone else.
lol Evil-Twin is a top notch forum troll, I mean that in a good way

He gets everyone pissed off, talks down to them while boosting himself up, and I'm sure hes there giggling at it all while sipping his tea/coffee/beer.

I hope I'm still on the forums in my 70's, agitating all the young bucks and getting under everyones skin ....all for my own entertainment
Old 12-30-2016, 05:59 PM
RSbeast
Burning Brakes

I highly doubt it. He may say different; but I don't believe it.

Quick Reply: Wow, this guy nails it on C5 ownership (Merged)