Sponsored by:

So lumber pumps and such

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 05:36 AM
HarleyVetteNC
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default So lumber pumps and such

So on my 99 none of the lumbar units work on either seat. I don't even hear motors running. Not sure what to check here. (did check the fuse and it is ok).

Also when the relay for the passenger seat is in place it just continues to click and the seat does not move. I have put the seat where I want it and removed the relay. Really don't know where to start on fixing any/all of this.

I have full electric sport seats all the way around. Is there a way to convert the passenger seat to manual back and forth to save a few $$$?

Thanks
Old 02-10-2017, 06:23 PM
Carl Timonen
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

Call one of the recyclers and ask for the passenger side seat tracks.
Old 02-10-2017, 10:43 PM
SilverC54me
Melting Slicks

Received 411 Likes on 333 Posts

Where are you located? There is probably a member near you that can help repair the seat inexpensively. If you are in Southern California I would be glad to help.

The part that you are referring to as the relay, is it located under the seat? If so, that is the seat control module.

I do have a few seat parts available that may be needed to complete the repairs.

Gary
Old 02-11-2017, 10:41 AM
HarleyVetteNC
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks Gary - the relay is one of the pair under the passenger side compartment. None of the lumbar pumps seem to run. Should I hear something even if the bladders are not filling?

Not sure why the relay does not shut off. Just clicks. There must be some type of limit switch that is still trying to move the seat. I swapped relays but the problem is still there.

Get notified of new replies

To So lumber pumps and such

Quick Reply: So lumber pumps and such