Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any of you North Carolina people know this '99 FRC?

Old 02-15-2017, 06:51 PM
ZAZZ
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Any of you North Carolina people know this '99 FRC?

http://m.ebay.ca/itm/381893436829?_mwBanner=1

this is the car I recently bought... and still haven't seen yet my father works for a auto dealership and Ive been browsing the Manheim dealer auction site since the car in put a deposit on back in December fell thru. So after we ran the VIN it came up a one owner car out of NC, with only 56k miles. ..I decided to have them bid on it and got it. . Does anyone know the previous owner? Or any history of the car, work done etc? Thanks! ! It should be at the dealership tomo and hopefully passes inspection so I can get it Friday!

Last edited by ZAZZ; 02-15-2017 at 06:52 PM.
Old 02-16-2017, 07:44 AM
MAC5
Drifting

Received 230 Likes on 148 Posts

Haven't seen that car where I'm located (southwest Raleigh). The link shows the car in Washington NC that's at the coast around New Bern. If the cars at a GM dealership they should be able to run the service history that includes recall work and possible state inspection locations. That will help you pinpoint where the car was located. If its a one owner and kept down in the New Bern area you could try contacting some of the Corvette clubs over there for help.

Good luck with your new C5. Let us know how your new ride checks out.

Last edited by MAC5; 02-16-2017 at 07:47 AM.
Old 02-16-2017, 07:57 AM
ZAZZ
Advanced

Originally Posted by MAC5
Haven't seen that car where I'm located (southwest Raleigh). The link shows the car in Washington NC that's at the coast around New Bern. If the cars at a GM dealership they should be able to run the service history that includes recall work and possible state inspection locations. That will help you pinpoint where the car was located. If its a one owner and kept down in the New Bern area you could try contacting some of the Corvette clubs over there for help.

Good luck with your new C5. Let us know how your new ride checks out.
thanks.. yes its coming from the manheim auction, in NC and should be at my dads dealership today, here in MD.. it looks like it was traded in at Lee Chevrolet/Buick down in NC...they were the consigner selling it. Strange that a car like that was traded in.. ? usually a one owner vette enthusiast like that would try to sell it on his own.. but you never know.. all kinds of strange cars end up at dealers guy could of passed away or for medical or age reasons couldn't enjoy it anymore and just traded it in to not deal with it.

my father ran the VIN, said it has only 17 previous service/history records. zero accidents or any kind of other issues on the carfax or the GM data base. Definitley hard to find a car with a clean history like that. The car looks like it was modified several years ago.. definitely somewhat dated mods. but from the pics it looks like it at least has a intake, and some sort of exhaust. Looks very clean and well cared for at least. Cant wait to see it and drive it.

Last edited by ZAZZ; 02-16-2017 at 07:59 AM.
Old 02-16-2017, 09:04 AM
VettesGoneWild
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Nice looking car! Enjoy!
Old 02-16-2017, 10:45 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,207 Likes on 13,924 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Good looking FRC. Hope you get lots of enjoyment from the car.
Old 02-16-2017, 11:36 AM
NormK
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Wow, so cars really do sell on ebay!

_
Old 02-16-2017, 12:16 PM
VettesGoneWild
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by NormK

_
Yes they do. That's where I found mine. A guy I used to work with bought a Mustang Shelby through ebay also. Had it shipped to Ma. from the south, sight unseen (except pics) and was very happy with it. He was a mechanic on the side doing repairs. Like any car purchase near or far things can go bad......
Old 02-16-2017, 01:05 PM
ZAZZ
Advanced

Originally Posted by NormK

_

they might, but this one didn't...re-read my OP. The dealer tried to sell it on ebay, but it didn't sell, or meet the reservation.. so he put it thru the Manheim Dealer auction. Which is where I found it listed. Not open to the public. at all. Dealer only. I just have my fathers dealership log on so I can browse...and the used car manager bid on it live when it went thru the lane. Good thing too, because I got it for less than the ebay reservation.. a good bit less

Last edited by ZAZZ; 02-16-2017 at 01:06 PM.
Old 02-17-2017, 01:08 AM
laurent_zo6
Melting Slicks

Received 312 Likes on 227 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

Originally Posted by ZAZZ
they might, but this one didn't...re-read my OP. The dealer tried to sell it on ebay, but it didn't sell, or meet the reservation.. so he put it thru the Manheim Dealer auction. Which is where I found it listed. Not open to the public. at all. Dealer only. I just have my fathers dealership log on so I can browse...and the used car manager bid on it live when it went thru the lane. Good thing too, because I got it for less than the ebay reservation.. a good bit less
I see that some Manheim Dealer auction are open to the public. Where do most of these cars come from? Are they from dealers who could not sell their used cars? Just curious. Thanks.
Old 02-17-2017, 12:08 PM
friou
Melting Slicks

Received 767 Likes on 590 Posts

Wow! Nice looking FRC with fairly low mileage and it would seem a good price. Congrats and have fun!
Old 02-17-2017, 01:51 PM
cbell3186
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I got mine of ebay too, no pics were posted. Took the risk and drove an hour and half to check out the "rat trap." Ended up being immaculate and bought it for 7k less than it would have sold for because he tried adding pics too late.
Old 02-19-2017, 10:06 AM
ZAZZ
Advanced

Originally Posted by laurent_zo6
I see that some Manheim Dealer auction are open to the public. Where do most of these cars come from? Are they from dealers who could not sell their used cars? Just curious. Thanks.
most are from dealers that have cars that sit too long on the lot, or isn't a car that dealer would normally sell as a trade in. I've bought probably 6 cars from manheim and only had a issue with one. The trans in my f150 was bad, but to be fair to the auction, you couldn't really tell til it was over 50 mph/high gear
The following users liked this post:
laurent_zo6 (02-20-2017)
Old 02-19-2017, 10:13 AM
ZAZZ
Advanced

Originally Posted by friou
Wow! Nice looking FRC with fairly low mileage and it would seem a good price. Congrats and have fun!
thanks! I finally got to see the car Friday, and I have to say it's even better and cleaner than I expected! I also lucked out with the mods currently on it. I could tell it had a intake from the pics. And possibly a cat back. Well it has a intake, borla atak cat back, and a bassani x pipe I believe the one with high flow cats... the shifter felt like it has shorter throws than stock and was notchy.. so I'm thinking a short throw as well. Only thing it needed was a serpentine belt, and a new key fob the car is pretty much spotless. Not a scratch or ding on it that I could find. I'm stoked !! All I plan on doing is getting some c7 z51 wheels for the 18/19 tires and a mail order tune by frost or ecs. Can't wait!
The following users liked this post:
DOUG @ ECS (02-23-2017)
Old 02-19-2017, 10:19 AM
ZAZZ
Advanced

Originally Posted by friou
thanks! I finally got to see the car Friday, and I have to say it's even better and cleaner than I expected! I also lucked out with the mods currently on it. I could tell it had a intake from the pics. And possibly a cat back. Well it has a intake, borla atak cat back, and a bassani x pipe I believe the one with high flow cats... the shifter felt like it has shorter throws than stock and was notchy.. so I'm thinking a short throw as well. Only thing it needed was a serpentine belt, and a new key fob the car is pretty much spotless. Not a scratch or ding on it that I could find. I'm stoked !! All I plan on doing is getting some c7 z51 wheels for the 18/19 tires and a mail order tune by frost or ecs. Can't wait!
Old 02-23-2017, 10:03 AM
TOPCATHR
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

nice ride good luck.......

Get notified of new replies

To Any of you North Carolina people know this '99 FRC?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any of you North Carolina people know this '99 FRC?