Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gauging Interest - Urethane Rear Bumper with duckbill wing

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2018, 10:55 PM
0Quik Z06
Former Vendor

Received 411 Likes on 280 Posts

Here's a couple videos to show you guys exactly how durable this bumper will be.

View this post on Instagram

View this post on Instagram
Old 01-05-2018, 11:51 PM
oneandgone
Burning Brakes

Received 98 Likes on 79 Posts

I was just thinking...and to reinforce what Shaolin already touched on... If GM made tens of thousands of these bumpers and prices them at 4-500, it seems pretty reasonable that a small, independent company making 40 should need to sell them for considerably more.
Old 01-06-2018, 02:17 AM
calivette805
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

Cant wait for these !
The following users liked this post:
Quik Z06 (01-06-2018)
Old 01-06-2018, 08:22 AM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Received 1,343 Likes on 1,094 Posts

Originally Posted by oneandgone
I was just thinking...and to reinforce what Shaolin already touched on... If GM made tens of thousands of these bumpers and prices them at 4-500, it seems pretty reasonable that a small, independent company making 40 should need to sell them for considerably more.
I don't think that anybody is questioning that. Where I see the issue is that Pete wanted to "gauge interest", and in order to help potential buyers make their decisions, and see if it was worth his time and efforts, he more or less had to provide a projected price point.

Problem is, when your price projection is off by 16-18%, it will affect your potential sales.....
Old 01-06-2018, 09:57 AM
Shaolin Crane
Melting Slicks

Received 219 Likes on 167 Posts

I still don't see what the problem is, it's the same price as the one he already offers in duraflex which is a far inferior material, plus the known fitment issues. A $100 increase for perfect fitment is going do save hundreds to thousands in body shop labor.

If it does fit like he says, it will be a scuff and shoot job.
Old 01-06-2018, 11:40 AM
95wht6spd
Le Mans Master

Received 271 Likes on 211 Posts

Pete,

Are you going to offer some packaged deals? If I do the body mods at some point, I would want to do splitter, skirts, rear flares (new one you are doing), spoiler/rear bumper. I think a lot of people would do this as well. Would offer you larger sales, and the customer a savings per part, plus less shipping if the pieces could be wrapped together in one container. Something like a mix & match, buy 2 save 10%, 3 save 15%, 4+ save 20%.
Old 01-06-2018, 11:49 AM
STaCKKs
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am assuming this will ship thru an LTL carrier. If so, who?
Old 01-06-2018, 08:29 PM
0Quik Z06
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 95wht6spd
Pete,

Are you going to offer some packaged deals? If I do the body mods at some point, I would want to do splitter, skirts, rear flares (new one you are doing), spoiler/rear bumper. I think a lot of people would do this as well. Would offer you larger sales, and the customer a savings per part, plus less shipping if the pieces could be wrapped together in one container. Something like a mix & match, buy 2 save 10%, 3 save 15%, 4+ save 20%.
Yes of course, I do it with all my orders.

Originally Posted by STaCKKs
I am assuming this will ship thru an LTL carrier. If so, who?
To be honest I don’t know who they use for shipping, sorry.
Old 01-10-2018, 01:03 PM
slvr bulit
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Have any shipped yet?
Old 01-10-2018, 06:04 PM
C5R USA
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Ideals are peaceful...History is violent...St.Charles, MO.
Received 440 Likes on 228 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

Pete, you've done a helluva job bringing this to light. As someone mentioned previously, the cost saving alone by the fit and finish, and the price of the bumper in my opinion is a complete bargain. I thank you for your perseverance. The bumper looks great, I'd buy one!!
The following 2 users liked this post by C5R USA:
Quik Z06 (01-10-2018), Yello95 (01-10-2018)
Old 01-10-2018, 08:06 PM
0Quik Z06
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by slvr bulit
Have any shipped yet?
Not yet, last pictures I posted was the bumper being finished up. After that they needed to make the mold and begin production. Just waiting on a reply from them on when they’ll have the first piece. There are a few sold already so once they ship we should start getting a bunch of reviews.

Originally Posted by C5R USA
Pete, you've done a helluva job bringing this to light. As someone mentioned previously, the cost saving alone by the fit and finish, and the price of the bumper in my opinion is a complete bargain. I thank you for your perseverance. The bumper looks great, I'd buy one!!
Thank you sir, I appreciate it
mtndv8 (01-12-2018)
Old 01-11-2018, 09:40 AM
slvr bulit
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Not yet, last pictures I posted was the bumper being finished up. After that they needed to make the mold and begin production. Just waiting on a reply from them on when they’ll have the first piece. There are a few sold already so once they ship we should start getting a bunch of reviews.
Can't wait to see them painted and installed along with the reviews. When they are ready to ship let me know. Also if anyone else in south eastern MA wants to order one we can have them shipped to my warehouse and maybe save a little on freight?
Old 01-11-2018, 11:47 AM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Yello95
.....But I also think it is several hundred dollars too cheap...seriously ........F the cheap whining crybabies on this forum , advertise them on line and you will sell out ...
I'm glad to hear that you don't have the same daily living expenses that the rest of us do......
Old 01-11-2018, 12:24 PM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Wanna compare expenses? I still work for a living...how about you? I'm betting my expenses are more than most...I'm just not a bottom feeder cheapskate like some wanting everything for less than a fair price...I just save thousands by not smoking or drinking...try it sometime and you too can have some extra fun money to waste...
As I previously mentioned, my property tax bill showed up a couple of weeks back. After that, my quarterly LTC insurance and quarterly dental insurance bills; my annual newspaper bill; my annual trash collection bill; and my monthly utility bill (very cold winter); all showed up in my mailbox, about $5K worth, and are due within the next month. So yeah, I might be interested in swapping with you.

Keep in mind, two things.....new rear bumpers, for "casual use" cars, aren't usually #1 on the priority list. And secondly, I never said I wouldn't purchase one of these bumpers. All I said was A) the pricing came in higher than originally expected; and B) the timing isn't good for some of us, at this point.....

Old 01-11-2018, 12:44 PM
Shaolin Crane
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by leadfoot4
As I previously mentioned, my property tax bill showed up a couple of weeks back. After that, my quarterly LTC insurance and quarterly dental insurance bills; my annual newspaper bill; my annual trash collection bill; and my monthly utility bill (very cold winter); all showed up in my mailbox, about $5K worth, and are due within the next month. So yeah, I might be interested in swapping with you.

Keep in mind, two things.....new rear bumpers, for "casual use" cars, aren't usually #1 on the priority list. And secondly, I never said I wouldn't purchase one of these bumpers. All I said was A) the pricing came in higher than originally expected; and B) the timing isn't good for some of us, at this point.....

I'm right there with you, I'll buy one, but a new bumper cover on a broken car doesn't make much sense to me. So I have to put it off for the time being, but I will have one.
Old 01-11-2018, 04:03 PM
Shaolin Crane
Melting Slicks

oh no you won't...especially if Pete does not do well with the sale of these bumpers...he will stop having them made and rightfully so...he will move on to the C6 & C7 crowd to stay in business...and again, no one can blame him...
You're making it out like it's going to be years. I already need a new bumper cover. Like I said with a broken car the discretionary spending goes towards getting it back up and running first, i.e. the trans build bill that I know is coming shortly.
Old 01-11-2018, 07:37 PM
Shaolin Crane
Melting Slicks

With all due respect my Corvette brotha...I think you missed my main point and that was...if Pete does not get what he needs money wise in order to make this bumper then you will not just be waiting years to get one...you will never get one unless someone else makes them in the future and the price will be $1000...get it now?
back atcha

How about this...when I get one of Petes I will give you my mint condition bumper cover I take off since yours is broken and you don't have the funds at the present time?
You're missing the point here, and the info posted currently in this thread. In any event I'm out, this is a pointless argument.

Get notified of new replies

To Gauging Interest - Urethane Rear Bumper with duckbill wing

Old 01-13-2018, 12:24 AM
C5R USA
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Ideals are peaceful...History is violent...St.Charles, MO.
Received 440 Likes on 228 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

Originally Posted by Quik Z06

Thank you sir, I appreciate it

You give me thanks everyday by having my car listed on your website. If anyone should be giving thanks, it's me to you for that solely. It's probably a good idea if I give you some new photos. The Xtreme has held up well over the years, and I've had some other slight enhancements to the outside added.

I can't imagine this "new" fascia being anything but a great seller. Enough people have certainly praised it's looks, and I've certainly replied to a number of PM's asking about what it entailed cost wise over the years. However, I do have the earliest version from 2012, which turned away a lot of people from wanting to purchase it because of the prep and bodywork to get it to fit right, as you are well aware. It ain't for amateurs....

If this fascia even eliminates half the prep-work of the older version, it's still a bargain with the cost of the fascia, which I might add that you barely raised the price for the newer version.

I truly believe that with the amount of time you've spent getting this retooled for direct-fit, that it's going to yield big dividends for you in the sales department.

I thank you again, profusely. At least I have peace of mind knowing I have a better version I can order, and not have to face my body-shop guy with having to slave at it. I promised him, I would never order another body part that required that much finagling.
The following 2 users liked this post by C5R USA:
Quik Z06 (01-13-2018), Yello95 (01-13-2018)
Old 01-13-2018, 06:01 AM
Yello95
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,227 Likes on 874 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by C5R USA
You give me thanks everyday by having my car listed on your website. If anyone should be giving thanks, it's me to you for that solely. It's probably a good idea if I give you some new photos. The Xtreme has held up well over the years, and I've had some other slight enhancements to the outside added.

I can't imagine this "new" fascia being anything but a great seller. Enough people have certainly praised it's looks, and I've certainly replied to a number of PM's asking about what it entailed cost wise over the years. However, I do have the earliest version from 2012, which turned away a lot of people from wanting to purchase it because of the prep and bodywork to get it to fit right, as you are well aware. It ain't for amateurs....

If this fascia even eliminates half the prep-work of the older version, it's still a bargain with the cost of the fascia, which I might add that you barely raised the price for the newer version.

I truly believe that with the amount of time you've spent getting this retooled for direct-fit, that it's going to yield big dividends for you in the sales department.

I thank you again, profusely. At least I have peace of mind knowing I have a better version I can order, and not have to face my body-shop guy with having to slave at it. I promised him, I would never order another body part that required that much finagling.
...You always say things well
C5R USA (01-14-2018)
Old 01-13-2018, 08:54 AM
0Quik Z06
Former Vendor

Thanks guys!

Was hoping to ship next week, but manufacturing hit a snag. Don't want to get too much into details, because I'm not sure how much I can mention without getting myself into trouble. What happened is it's delayed it a couple weeks, to the guys that have already ordered I apologize. It sucks, but I know they are trying to make them as nice as possible, and what happened, would have meant a little body work, and we weren't happy with that. I'll keep you guys posted, but we are SUPER close and I promise it'll be worth these delays.
The following 4 users liked this post by Quik Z06:
C5R USA (01-14-2018), lewislgZ06 (02-05-2018), mtndv8 (01-13-2018), Patches (01-13-2018)

Quick Reply: Gauging Interest - Urethane Rear Bumper with duckbill wing