C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dry Car Wash

Old 04-21-2017, 08:15 AM
v8srfun
Drifting

Received 155 Likes on 123 Posts

The reason for two towels is to minimize any possible scratches from the dirt. Technically you could use one but at the risk of paint damage
Old 04-21-2017, 08:22 AM
grampi50
Le Mans Master

Received 548 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by v8srfun
The reason for two towels is to minimize any possible scratches from the dirt. Technically you could use one but at the risk of paint damage

So the products don't leave a hazy or cloudy look behind if they're not wiped off?

Last edited by grampi50; 04-21-2017 at 08:23 AM.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:23 AM
Travlee
Race Director

Received 1,066 Likes on 583 Posts

no sir
Old 04-21-2017, 09:38 AM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,081 Likes on 1,634 Posts

Originally Posted by grampi50
Question for you guys; whether you're using Chadwick's, Meguiar's, or some other waterless wash, are there any of them that wipe on and wipe off without having to go back over them and wipe them again with a different cloth than you applied it with? I use a product on my bike called Original Bike Spirits. It's not technically a waterless wash, but it is a cleaner and leaves a just waxed-like finish. My only complaint about it is you have to wipe it off after you wipe it on. I spray it on a microfiber cloth (it can also be sprayed directly onto the vehicle, but I can control where it goes if I wipe it on), then with a different MF cloth you wipe it off. Do these waterless washes have to be applied and removed in the same manner?
I use two towels, on my truck when covered with salt and grime I would use four or more !!! (Chadwick's)
Old 04-21-2017, 09:43 AM
Hcjackson
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by knewblewkorvette
Be sure and give us feedback
I use the Maguiers product all the time and it works great. Whenever I take my car out , when I return it to the garage, I spray it with Maguiers Wash N Wax and it works great. No scratch formula really works. I highly recommend it.
Old 04-21-2017, 09:44 AM
Hcjackson
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use the Maguiers product all the time and it works great. Whenever I take my car out , when I return it to the garage, I spray it with Maguiers Wash N Wax and it works great. No scratch formula really works. I highly recommend it.
Old 04-21-2017, 10:11 AM
v8srfun
Drifting

Originally Posted by grampi50
So the products don't leave a hazy or cloudy look behind if they're not wiped off?
You can buff it out with one mf towel and be fine but most do not want to use the primary cloth that picks up all the dirt for buffing. If you leave excess behind it will be visible
Old 04-21-2017, 12:36 PM
PDCjonny
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Chadwick made an appearance on the Lambo forum once promoting his products but couldn't explain what made his any better than the other dozen waterless wash products out there other than saying his was better. Pass at that price. They all work on the same principal.
Old 04-21-2017, 01:29 PM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by PDCjonny
Chadwick made an appearance on the Lambo forum once promoting his products but couldn't explain what made his any better than the other dozen waterless wash products out there other than saying his was better. Pass at that price. They all work on the same principal.
Doesn't sound like Neil to me ???? call him and I'm sure he will tell you there is ????? (doubt the others strip off the old wax and junk ??)
Old 04-21-2017, 08:03 PM
StevieB
Le Mans Master

Received 71 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by chris308
chadwicks triple play
Hey guys, another question;
Does the chadwicks triple play
leave the car with a need to wax it
after being washed?
From what I have seen, it looks like waxing will
actually cause harm.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:59 PM
JR-01
Le Mans Master

Received 1,063 Likes on 805 Posts

Originally Posted by StevieB
Hey guys, another question;
Does the chadwicks triple play
leave the car with a need to wax it
after being washed?
From what I have seen, it looks like waxing will
actually cause harm.
Chadwicks leaves a just waxed look. It cleans and shines.
Old 04-21-2017, 10:42 PM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by JR-01
Chadwicks leaves a just waxed look. It cleans and shines.

and protects !!!!!!!!!! this has been answered at least five times in this thread !!!!
Old 04-22-2017, 01:59 AM
GTs 58
Melting Slicks

Received 71 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Pounder
and protects !!!!!!!!!! this has been answered at least five times in this thread !!!!
So it's a brainwashing too?
Old 04-22-2017, 06:16 PM
StevieB
Le Mans Master

I'm easily confused
Old 04-22-2017, 06:32 PM
StevieB
Le Mans Master

I was on the site and there were several videos and I only looked
at one.

There is Chadwick's Triple Play

Chadwick's Triple Play Paint Correction System

and many different items. I’m guessing that most or all of them are included in the basic Chadwick's Triple Play.

I wasn’t sure
Old 04-22-2017, 10:14 PM
WhoIsPat
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by jrprich
Optimum no rinse car wash does a great job!
I use the two bucket method inside my garage. No water on the floor

optimum no rinse also makes a great detail spray and clay lube.
Also an ONR user. I use Optimum No-Rinse Wash and Wax at different dilution ratios as my clay lube, detail spray, and rinseless wash agent. I Start with ~9 clean 16x16 microfiber towels folded 8-fold (16 usable sides) soaked in a 1-2 gallon bucket of solution. Used towels are tossed into a wash pile, never placed back in the clean solution. I think it's a good compromise between a traditional 2 bucket wash and a waterless wash.
Old 04-22-2017, 10:21 PM
WhoIsPat
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by BradleyBrownell
The argument for a traditional wash? Those in favor are more than happy to announce the superiority of a water wash. We’ll admit that this is a more intimate experience with your automobile. You get to know every single inch of your Corvette’s bodywork with a good monthly (weekly?) washing. But is the additional use of water worth it for a marginally cleaner car?
I get the feeling the CF moderator has no idea what a waterless wash is or how it works. Definitely more "intimate" than a bucket wash, and definitely a cleaner result. The saved water is great for people in areas that require rationing, but most people use it because it's a better wash method for the way their car is used.

Get notified of new replies

To Dry Car Wash

Old 04-22-2017, 10:57 PM
laurent_zo6
Melting Slicks

Received 312 Likes on 227 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

Originally Posted by WhoIsPat
I get the feeling the CF moderator has no idea what a waterless wash is or how it works. Definitely more "intimate" than a bucket wash, and definitely a cleaner result. The saved water is great for people in areas that require rationing, but most people use it because it's a better wash method for the way their car is used.
Not only does it saves water but also time. No more getting all the washing equipment out then the drying. I have better things to do like driving my Z06.
Old 04-23-2017, 05:46 PM
REDHOTS
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

After trying the Meguiar's waterless wash I decided to change my procedure. Although it worked ok, I thought there was way too much drag/friction cleaning just dust off a freshly waxed car. So what I will do from now on is in addition to the waterless wash I will also use a gallon of pure waters too. I have unlimited access to RO water, or you could use a $1 gallon of distilled water instead. I just add a little waterless wash to the water, spray the car with the waterless, and use a really wet MF towel to wipe it down, and wipe it dry one a panel at a time. Works so much better IMO, and you use less product too.
Old 04-24-2017, 11:52 AM
v8srfun
Drifting

Originally Posted by REDHOTS
After trying the Meguiar's waterless wash I decided to change my procedure. Although it worked ok, I thought there was way too much drag/friction cleaning just dust off a freshly waxed car. So what I will do from now on is in addition to the waterless wash I will also use a gallon of pure waters too. I have unlimited access to RO water, or you could use a $1 gallon of distilled water instead. I just add a little waterless wash to the water, spray the car with the waterless, and use a really wet MF towel to wipe it down, and wipe it dry one a panel at a time. Works so much better IMO, and you use less product too.
You are watering down the lubricant that protects your paint from scratches this may seem like a good idea but you are doing more harm than good.
The following users liked this post:
Pounder (04-24-2017)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dry Car Wash