Sponsored by:

Stupid question, Purple wire?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 11:59 AM
cooter99
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Stupid question, Purple wire?

Was tying in my radar detector under the passenger foot well and noticed a purple wire. Car is a 99 and tag on wire is from 01. Seems to splice into a relay and go to the pcm, but has something tapped up like a fuse holder. Just curious if anybody knows what it is for. Sure it was a dealer install but no idea why it was done.
Old 04-27-2017, 12:12 PM
cooter99
Advanced

Thanks, and that makes sence. There is a sticker in the engine bay about the steering lock recall, so the dealer did something. The steering wheel lock has been disabled because it never locks with key on or not.

Not sure about the CLB or LMC5, where would I look to see if they have been installed?
Old 04-28-2017, 12:07 PM
cooter99
Advanced

Ok, going on 3rd year with the car I should have this stuff down. I'm in the middle of a Vararam install at the moment. Kind of a pian, but should finish it today. Will pop open the kick panel and look for the LMC5 mod, if none I will order it. Thanks for the help sir!!
Old 09-23-2017, 04:07 PM
WhiteKnuckleRide
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry for resurrecting an old post, but I didn't want to create a new thread just for this. Plus, it already has an image I don't have to take

I have the same purple wire running from the relay to the blue connector. I was wondering if I can install the LMC5 with it in place (and the relay disconnected)?

Get notified of new replies

To Stupid question, Purple wire?

Quick Reply: Stupid question, Purple wire?