Default corvette plant to cease tours for 18 months

From Hemmings:

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2017/0...18/?refer=news
Old 05-03-2017, 12:30 PM
Corvette Forum Editor
CorvetteForum Editor

Received 145 Likes on 95 Posts
Default Front page coverage

Here's our front page take on this one...
https://www.corvetteforum.com/articl...ry-halt-tours/
Old 05-03-2017, 01:05 PM
v8srfun
Drifting

Received 155 Likes on 123 Posts

Have the tours stopped yet or are they about to stop I wanted to get down there and check it out but I have been putting it off.
Old 05-03-2017, 02:38 PM
bradc6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 343 Likes on 195 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11
National Champs Gators 4 St. Jude '09

Tours will continue through June 16th with a few blackout dates. I was there last week for the Bash and took the tour on Thursday.

Info: http://www.corvettemuseum.org/visit/plant-tours/
Old 05-03-2017, 05:14 PM
StreetLegalH2R
Racer

Received 147 Likes on 37 Posts

Good. Maybe while they're at it they can slap a coat of white paint on the walls, add a few more lights (the place photgraphs like a dump) and get their employees to dress like something other than slovenly meth addicts. They seriously need to pull that 'How its's made' off the air. Its humiliating. Great car, great engineering but my God man, give them some shirts! Half the union bums had to have the weed emblem on their hats blurred and the other half had exposed arm pits. FFS. The only guy with any class was the black guy in the sweater. Ridiculous.

"Hey Bob, the TV crews are gonna be here today shooting 'How It's Made; Dream Cars'. Gonna run on 12 different channels 30 times a week for the next 10 years. We're up against some pretty lofty competiton. Any chance we could get you in some sleeves for the day? Maybe just pretend to look at what you're doing and act like you're being careful or attentive? You know, just while they're pointing a camera at you?"

"Nope."

Last edited by StreetLegalH2R; 05-03-2017 at 05:26 PM.
Old 05-03-2017, 05:58 PM
jeff7251954
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by StreetLegalH2R
Good. Maybe while they're at it they can slap a coat of white paint on the walls, add a few more lights (the place photgraphs like a dump) and get their employees to dress like something other than slovenly meth addicts. They seriously need to pull that 'How its's made' off the air. Its humiliating. Great car, great engineering but my God man, give them some shirts! Half the union bums had to have the weed emblem on their hats blurred and the other half had exposed arm pits. FFS. The only guy with any class was the black guy in the sweater. Ridiculous.

"Hey Bob, the TV crews are gonna be here today shooting 'How It's Made; Dream Cars'. Gonna run on 12 different channels 30 times a week for the next 10 years. We're up against some pretty lofty competiton. Any chance we could get you in some sleeves for the day? Maybe just pretend to look at what you're doing and act like you're being careful or attentive? You know, just while they're pointing a camera at you?"

"Nope."
Nah, they don't really dress like that. I just you tubed a couple clips and damn, they do indeed dress like you described. And one guy had an exposed belt buckle working around painted panels.
Old 05-03-2017, 08:49 PM
StreetLegalH2R
Racer

Received 147 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff7251954
Nah, they don't really dress like that. I just you tubed a couple clips and damn, they do indeed dress like you described. And one guy had an exposed belt buckle working around painted panels.
Ah unions. Holding America hostage since 1972.

Get notified of new replies

To corvette plant to cease tours for 18 months

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: corvette plant to cease tours for 18 months