Sponsored by:

Car wash cluster f%#*

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2017, 09:21 AM
golden2husky
Burning Brakes

Received 293 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by GTs 58
So some say call 911 and have the cops come and make an accident report on the bumper bump, on private property? LMFAO

Sorry about your mishap.
Actually, while we are all concerned about keeping our Vettes safe, and that was the focus of the posting here, calling the cops may have prevented future accidents...how old was the woman? Yeah, nobody wants to take an old person's freedom away but everybody ignores a big problem we have - most old people drive until an accident happens and then the license is revoked. On a mileage driven basis, elderly drivers have the highest accident rate, teenagers excepted.

A tough topic for sure - my older brother ratted out my father to the DMV at 88 years of age due to seriously declining ability. My father was so angry he cut him out of the will and has terminated all interaction with him- seriously. I had to take him to the DMV for a road test, which, ironically, he managed to pass. But you can see why nobody wants to address the problem.
Old 06-17-2017, 10:58 AM
Phanni
Le Mans Master

Received 1,731 Likes on 847 Posts

Originally Posted by golden2husky
Actually, while we are all concerned about keeping our Vettes safe, and that was the focus of the posting here, calling the cops may have prevented future accidents...how old was the woman? Yeah, nobody wants to take an old person's freedom away but everybody ignores a big problem we have - most old people drive until an accident happens and then the license is revoked. On a mileage driven basis, elderly drivers have the highest accident rate, teenagers excepted.

A tough topic for sure - my older brother ratted out my father to the DMV at 88 years of age due to seriously declining ability. My father was so angry he cut him out of the will and has terminated all interaction with him- seriously. I had to take him to the DMV for a road test, which, ironically, he managed to pass. But you can see why nobody wants to address the problem.

First off, let me say I'm in my 70's.

With that said, I can not understand why states do not make folks over 65 take a driver's test (at least) every two years. There are way too many folks out there driving that have no business on the road. Some folks understand when it's time to quit driving, others, not so much. Although I can easily (so far) pass the eye test and pretty much am as capable as most drivers, I understand that with age comes deterioration of reflex times and concentration ability.

I first noticed the difference in reflex time while playing ping pong. I was once very competitive at the game, now, I'm just too slow in my reaction time to beat any average player in their 40's. I'm still kicking though, but some day, it'll be time.
Old 06-18-2017, 05:12 PM
knewblewkorvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,705 Likes on 1,667 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16'-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-
'23-'24

Originally Posted by kecorrigan
Did you murder those kids? lol, if I walked out and some kids using my vette as a slide i'd be pissed

seriously though, did you manage to get a hold of their parents and make them pay for it?

The kids took off running as soon as they saw me from a distance. So, they KNEW they were doing wrong, little chits.
Old 06-19-2017, 02:45 PM
~Stingray
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 264 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17, '19

That also looks like a C6, not a C5. Were there any ZR1s for the c5 era?
Old 06-20-2017, 02:42 PM
lonerider2002
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

I'm **** attentive and never take my Vette to a car wash--hell, mine has only seen water three times in the 4 yrs I've owned it( washes, not rain). If time is an issue try this--
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Meguiar-s...%20wax&veh=sem

I can clean mine, including the glass & wheels in less time than it would take to get to & go thru a car wash--and no water spots to boot. It also puts down a layer of wax and makes the paint slick as well. Bad paint or not-your Vette deserves it.
Old 06-23-2017, 06:21 PM
C5 Newb
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by lonerider2002
I'm **** attentive and never take my Vette to a car wash--hell, mine has only seen water three times in the 4 yrs I've owned it( washes, not rain). If time is an issue try this--
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Meguiar-s...%20wax&veh=sem

I can clean mine, including the glass & wheels in less time than it would take to get to & go thru a car wash--and no water spots to boot. It also puts down a layer of wax and makes the paint slick as well. Bad paint or not-your Vette deserves it.

Do you use water with that stuff or spray it on and wipe it off?

Quick Reply: Car wash cluster f%#*