Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got my first middle finger

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 06:34 PM
redzg
Melting Slicks

Received 664 Likes on 532 Posts

I hate Harleys with straight or even just obnoxious pipes. Loud pipes don't save lives, they just **** non-fans off.
The following 2 users liked this post by redzg:
ArmchairArchitect (05-20-2017), phoneman91 (05-19-2017)
Old 05-18-2017, 06:46 PM
449er
Race Director

Received 4,709 Likes on 2,997 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by Dave concrete
screw them. I run AR headers to Borla straights if they don't like it, they should move.
Don't mind some noise but I am glad that I don't live near you with your attitude
The following users liked this post:
phoneman91 (05-19-2017)
Old 05-18-2017, 07:36 PM
acuevo
Racer

Received 99 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Forcedvert
loud cars are a conservative thing?
i don't think they're exclusively conservative, but its the liberals that want to enforce nanny laws on everyone. they'd also all be happy if v8 sports cars were a thing of the past. the increasingly strict requirements for fuel economy are also a real threat to cars like the corvette. where do you think those came from?

it'd be one thing if performance cars were exempt from emmisions and fuel economy regulations, but they'd never let you have it that way. so maybe loud and fast cars aren't inherently conservative, but generally speaking they're not something the liberals are too keen on.

Last edited by acuevo; 05-18-2017 at 07:37 PM.
Old 05-18-2017, 08:07 PM
Forcedvert
Melting Slicks

Received 371 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by acuevo
i don't think they're exclusively conservative, but its the liberals that want to enforce nanny laws on everyone. they'd also all be happy if v8 sports cars were a thing of the past. the increasingly strict requirements for fuel economy are also a real threat to cars like the corvette. where do you think those came from?

it'd be one thing if performance cars were exempt from emmisions and fuel economy regulations, but they'd never let you have it that way. so maybe loud and fast cars aren't inherently conservative, but generally speaking they're not something the liberals are too keen on.
I would bet dollars to donuts that most of the old dudes complaining about NOISE of stereos and exhaust pipes are mostly conservatives and that's what we are talking about here. I'm not sure how it became about politics for some, it's not for me. There is another section on this forum for that stuff.
The following 2 users liked this post by Forcedvert:
chasboy (05-19-2017), Smoken1 (05-19-2017)
Old 05-18-2017, 08:28 PM
GTs 58
Melting Slicks

Received 71 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by v8srfun
Make it louder screw all the grumpy people that think everyone should drive a boring slow sedan that makes no noise. If someone whipped me the bird for going 35 mph I would do a burnout in front of his hoist just to prove a point. This is America we live in the greatest country in the world because of our freedom so don't try to stop me from living as a free man.

Yes I know the burnout is not the right thing to do but I love pissing off libtards more than I like to be proper.

OMFG! LMMFAO again!

So the opposite of a libtard is a retard?
Old 05-18-2017, 08:53 PM
acuevo
Racer

Originally Posted by Forcedvert
I would bet dollars to donuts that most of the old dudes complaining about NOISE of stereos and exhaust pipes are mostly conservatives and that's what we are talking about here. I'm not sure how it became about politics for some, it's not for me. There is another section on this forum for that stuff.
oh i definitely agree with you there! i don't have a side personally because both suck, but did want to point out the "general" liberal feelings towards cars.

Last edited by acuevo; 05-18-2017 at 08:56 PM.
Old 05-18-2017, 09:52 PM
Aerovette
Team Owner

Received 585 Likes on 265 Posts

Make it louder screw all the grumpy people that think everyone should drive a boring slow sedan that makes no noise. If someone whipped me the bird for going 35 mph I would do a burnout in front of his hoist just to prove a point. This is America we live in the greatest country in the world because of our freedom so don't try to stop me from living as a free man.

Yes I know the burnout is not the right thing to do but I love pissing off libtards more than I like to be proper.
Yep, cool thing about freedom, you can be a total douche with dick topping and a cherry, repeatedly, with zero accountability.

Be proud in your douchery! Wave that dick flag ! *** the world. It's all about you in "Youtown". Idiot.
Old 05-18-2017, 11:50 PM
MikeyMcFly
Burning Brakes

Received 209 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by redzg
I hate Harleys with straight or even just obnoxious pipes. Loud pipes don't save lives, they just **** non-fans off.
This. I used to not like loud bikes, but now living on a corner, I'm starting to dislike all bikes. Is it that hard to sit at a stop sign and not rev the bike over and over?

If I'm mowing my lawn and I can't hear the lawnmower anymore over your exhaust...I have no problem with a little rumble, but the on/off, WOT or nothing and rev rev rev rev rev rev. Ugh. /rant.

That being said, when I had my STi, I got yelled at to slow down when I was doing 6 MPH. Literally 6 MPH, barely off idle, blipping the gas. I almost stopped and asked how fast they thought I was going.
Old 05-19-2017, 02:44 AM
laurent_zo6
Melting Slicks

Received 312 Likes on 227 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

Originally Posted by ArmchairArchitect
You should always be considerate of others.

Luckily Marianist Catholic priests live across the street from me, so I won't be getting a middle finger from them anytime soon.
You won't be getting a middle finger from them but you might be going straight to hell.
Old 05-19-2017, 06:14 AM
chasboy
Le Mans Master

Received 914 Likes on 721 Posts
Oldtimer

Originally Posted by acuevo
oh i definitely agree with you there! i don't have a side personally because both suck, but did want to point out the "general" liberal feelings towards cars.
REALLY. and where do you get your facts to back that up?
Old 05-19-2017, 07:04 AM
digi2t
Instructor

Received 139 Likes on 39 Posts

I apologize for the possible thread hijack, but if I may, I would just like to make a slight correction to this statement. Canada, in fact, is the world's greatest country, seconded only by Australia. Actually, not to miff our Aussie cousins, I say we're tied for first, with several other countries (too numerous to list) between us and the United States. Not only in the sense of moral, ethical, or political freedoms, but in physical freedom as well. After all, we do have much more area per capita available to us. As such, the possibility of living further away from people, hence annoying them less with loud exhaust systems, is a physically (and morally) reasonable option here.

Also, on a slightly more ethereal note, please remember this; Karma, is a bitch. Every person you **** off, is a potential person that will not come to your aide in a time of need. I'm fairly sure that when you're drowning, that last thing your brain is mulling over is, "I wonder if that lifeguard is liberal or conservative?". When you opt to throw that boomerang, expect it to come back, and hit you right in the Chicklets.

Once again, sorry for the side track. Please carry on.
Old 05-19-2017, 07:23 AM
Riteaidkid84
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

The last few cars I got my neighbors say, oh.. cool new car, and I do the same. It's a starter neighborhood most the people do not struggle but they don't have play money yet.

​​​​​​I got my vette and have stood in my yard talking to several people and they look at it, but never say a word lol... it's funny really.

​​​​​​one of my nighbors does like it, so we went for a long drive. Whatever, if someone got a mclaren or another Vette I would always be complimenting it not being jealous.

Last edited by Riteaidkid84; 05-19-2017 at 07:41 AM.
Old 05-19-2017, 08:00 AM
Hydroracer
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by digi2t
I apologize for the possible thread hijack, but if I may, I would just like to make a slight correction to this statement. Canada, in fact, is the world's greatest country, seconded only by Australia. Actually, not to miff our Aussie cousins, I say we're tied for first, with several other countries (too numerous to list) between us and the United States. Not only in the sense of moral, ethical, or political freedoms, but in physical freedom as well. After all, we do have much more area per capita available to us. As such, the possibility of living further away from people, hence annoying them less with loud exhaust systems, is a physically (and morally) reasonable option here.

Also, on a slightly more ethereal note, please remember this; Karma, is a bitch. Every person you **** off, is a potential person that will not come to your aide in a time of need. I'm fairly sure that when you're drowning, that last thing your brain is mulling over is, "I wonder if that lifeguard is liberal or conservative?". When you opt to throw that boomerang, expect it to come back, and hit you right in the Chicklets.

Is this Wayne from Letterkenny ? I have to agree with you as to the amount of area available but its because nobody but refugees want to live there .
Old 05-19-2017, 08:12 AM
acuevo
Racer

Originally Posted by chasboy
REALLY. and where do you get your facts to back that up?
Every prius with an Obama, Hillary or Sanders sticker on the back.

Seriously I'm not even going to entertain your question...
Old 05-19-2017, 08:15 AM
SAYUNCL
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

my dog was just barking at an ambo so I shot her a bird cuz I'm trying to chill and watch velocity in peace and quiet
Old 05-19-2017, 08:18 AM
digi2t
Instructor

Received 139 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Hydroracer
Is this Wayne from Letterkenny ? I have to agree with you as to the amount of area available but its because nobody but refugees want to live there .

Well, unless your name is Billy Two Feathers, or Betty Howling Wolf, we are all refugees here. On both sides of the 49th parallel.
Old 05-19-2017, 08:37 AM
fredl11
Safety Car

Received 69 Likes on 32 Posts

come on by I'll give you a salute and a WAVE!

Get notified of new replies

To Got my first middle finger

Old 05-19-2017, 08:41 AM
PDCjonny
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Amazing how simple basic consideration for others is a concept some cannot or are unwilling to grasp.
The following 5 users liked this post by PDCjonny:
Aerovette (05-19-2017), ArmchairArchitect (05-20-2017), chasboy (05-19-2017), friou (05-19-2017), phoneman91 (05-19-2017)
Old 05-19-2017, 08:43 AM
Mike98SilVert
Team Owner

Received 3,054 Likes on 2,030 Posts

Originally Posted by digi2t

So what you're saying is that Americans are immoral, unethical and and with little political freedoms. And that our Country is smail, crowded and offers little pyhsical freedom and that Canada is a far superior country to the USA and that there are many, many other countries that are superior to the USA, ("too many to list"). : rofl:
Well, do remember what you said about Karma? I think you just pissed off most of the members of this site and will have quite a few people disagreeing with you on here. So what makes you so much more moral and ethical than me? What gives you the right to judge me or my fellow Americans?
Old 05-19-2017, 08:55 AM
Elba Mike
Safety Car

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16

Originally Posted by friou
Nobody loves performance cars and bikes more than I. And I like performance machines to sound like performance machines. Having said that, I realized a very long time ago that there is a time and place for everything. I have a fairly loud Harley Road King with Vance and Hines Longshots exhaust and it can be loud when its under load. My C5 has BB Bullets, same deal as the Harley. But when I'm in my neighborhood, or anyone elses for that matter, I basically idle in and through. I don't want to offend neighbors. Some of these folks have babies at home, some folks work at night and sleep during the day, there are many reasons to be thoughtful, courteous and empathetic. I applaud the OP's decision to reach out and apologize to his neighbor. Purposely offending folks by being insensitive to others does nothing to promote the performance car and motorcycle hobby. Actually quite the contrary. Everyone please be well and take care.

Last edited by Elba Mike; 05-19-2017 at 09:11 AM.

Quick Reply: Got my first middle finger