Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got my first middle finger

Old 05-22-2017, 08:16 AM
z06clif
Le Mans Master

Received 382 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by JR-01
A residential neighborhood is no place to open up your car in 1st gear. Doesn't matter what time it is. It really is a sad state of affairs when people have no consideration for others. " Hey look I me! I'm making noise. Get out of my way." You guys have to get over yourselves and grow up. You give car guys a bad name. It has nothing to do with being offended or inconvenienced.

Clif
Old 05-22-2017, 09:31 AM
BAT
Le Mans Master

Received 1,220 Likes on 535 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified

This is still going? Me and the neighbor already drank the 12 pack, jumped in the Vette and tore through town at WOT. I did burnouts and donuts at every intersection then we went back and drank some more. Good times!

I'm kidding. Lighten up folks, It wasn't as dangerous (extreme) or harmless (extreme) as some are thinking. I must admit, I'm having some good with many of the replies.
The following users liked this post:
Aerovette (05-22-2017)
Old 05-22-2017, 09:15 PM
Uncle Remus
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think most of these responses prove that most vette owners are 70 years old. No need to be a jerk revving and tearing a $$ every time you leave the garage, but I don't think that was your story.
Old 05-22-2017, 09:57 PM
Smoken1
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 963 Likes on 779 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Originally Posted by Uncle Remus
I think most of these responses prove that most vette owners are 70 years old. No need to be a jerk revving and tearing a $$ every time you leave the garage, but I don't think that was your story.
LMAO You are So Wrong
Old 05-23-2017, 12:56 AM
ZZ06
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

This thread has been entertaining to say the least. Went from loud exhaust to political views. Wow some of y'all are really in your feels
Old 05-23-2017, 07:19 AM
v8srfun
Drifting

Received 155 Likes on 123 Posts

that is because political views are part of your decision making process. Democrats are against cars like corvettes on many fronts from pollution to freedom and safety. The democratic thought process is so stupid they would label the corvette as unsafe for the streets if they could because it can go fast. Look at how many freedoms we have lost because democrats were afraid of something or didn't feel safe about something that was not a problem in the first place. This is not a safe space in a college campus where you can cry about your fears and pet a dog to make you feel better. Grow up and become a man life is not easy but that is the way it is. Trump is in my opinion the greatest president we have ever had because he calls it how it is and doesn't put up with the politically correct bs.
Old 05-23-2017, 08:40 AM
Mike98SilVert
Team Owner

Received 3,036 Likes on 2,023 Posts

Originally Posted by Smoken1
LMAO You are So Wrong

So this is how you describe Corvette owners? Why are you a member on this site? Just to make trouble? Shouldn't you be on some Prius website on your soap box talking down the Sports cars and Muscle cars and the people who own them that you have never met and how the auto industry and aftermarket auto industry is evil blah blah blah... Most car people are the best people you could ever meet, successful, family men and women, "do it your selfers" with a common passion who enjoy life and would give you the shirt off your back. This is a great hobby and passion and something that we need to continue to pass along to future generations to keep them grounded, teach them a work ethic and how to use tools, understand mechanics and to be able to repair and create things with their hands rather than using their hands to text and type on their iphones for hours on end in some social media website. Or wasting thier time wathching reality TV while eating junk food.

Your opinion is that Corvette owners are a bunch of 70+ year olds breaking the law with our cars revving our engines and tearing around the streets speeding every chance. I am no where near 70. Go back to whever you came from. Guess what noob, I have never been issued a speeding ticket in my 40 years of driving let alone any type of driving violation and I have owned and have been driving Corvettes for 39 years.
Old 05-23-2017, 12:54 PM
Uncle Remus
Intermediate

My point is that people are acting like the guy was guzzling beers and doing 150 through a school zone. He wasn't . Sounds like he maybe approached speeds that would not even get you pulled over and enjoyed the sound of his American v8. The fake outrage in this country is ridiculous. You make so many assumptions about me when it is you who are perpetrating the myth of old stuffy guys going 25 mph on the interstate in their vette. So go find your button down Hawaiian shirt, button the bottom two buttons only, put on all of your gold nugget jewelry from the 80s, and make the myth a reality buddy. It is the people like you who drive the prius. Butthurt liberals who become enraged at freely spoken comments on the internet. Those who can't see a little humor in stereotypes.
Old 05-23-2017, 01:23 PM
Mike98SilVert
Team Owner

My point is that people are acting like the guy was guzzling beers and doing 150 through a school zone. He wasn't . Sounds like he maybe approached speeds that would not even get you pulled over and enjoyed the sound of his American v8. The fake outrage in this country is ridiculous. You make so many assumptions about me when it is you who are perpetrating the myth of old stuffy guys going 25 mph on the interstate in their vette. So go find your button down Hawaiian shirt, button the bottom two buttons only, put on all of your gold nugget jewelry from the 80s, and make the myth a reality buddy. It is the people like you who drive the prius. Butthurt liberals who become enraged at freely spoken comments on the internet. Those who can't see a little humor in stereotypes.
I do agree with your comment: "My point is that people are acting like the guy was guzzling beers and doing 150 through a school zone. He wasn't . Sounds like he maybe approached speeds that would not even get you pulled over and enjoyed the sound of his American v8. The fake outrage in this country is ridiculous."

Neither of your comments appear to be sarcasm to me. If they are then sorry if I overreated, seems to be the theme of this thread.
I voted for President Donald J. Trump. Never been a lib.
I do not and have never owned a Hawaiian shirt and the only jewelry I own or wear is my wedding ring and a chain with a gold cross from my God Mother that she gave me for my Baptism accompanied by half a heart from my wife for our engagement. I don't even wear a watch. As I stated, I have owned Corvettes for 39 years of 40 years driving and an assortment American Muscle cars as well. You are stereotyping again, just like you did in your previous post, and not in a sacrastic way, (that I can tell), either time.

How do you get from my words that I am "perpetrating the myth of old stuffy guys going 25 mph on the interstate" out of what I said??

Last edited by Mike98SilVert; 05-23-2017 at 01:52 PM.
Old 05-23-2017, 01:55 PM
Ruby Supercar
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

The sound (even loud) of a Vette of any stripe, or a Harley, or a Radial airplane engine always brings a smile to my face. It's the punks in the buzz-bomb rice rockets who consider themselves to be drift car racers that really grind my gears. Just be considerate of others, don't drive like an idiot, but sometimes you just gotta let 'er eat. ;-)
Old 05-23-2017, 01:57 PM
Aerovette
Team Owner

Received 585 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by v8srfun
that is because political views are part of your decision making process. Democrats are against cars like corvettes on many fronts from pollution to freedom and safety. The democratic thought process is so stupid they would label the corvette as unsafe for the streets if they could because it can go fast. Look at how many freedoms we have lost because democrats were afraid of something or didn't feel safe about something that was not a problem in the first place. This is not a safe space in a college campus where you can cry about your fears and pet a dog to make you feel better. Grow up and become a man life is not easy but that is the way it is. Trump is in my opinion the greatest president we have ever had because he calls it how it is and doesn't put up with the politically correct bs.
I voted for Trump
I am a Republican
I am a Conservative
I have owned several Corvettes and drove them hard
I hate all Priuses
I love smokey burnouts
I love rock music (20 years in a band)
I don't need a safe place
I hate snowflakes, pink hats, vagina suits, Ashley Judd, Rosie O'Donnell et al.
I don't believe man caused any climate change

And still think people need to be considerate of their neighbors and keep the noise down.

I'm sorry to wreck your theory about the typical complainer.
The following 2 users liked this post by Aerovette:
C5R USA (06-09-2017), friou (05-23-2017)
Old 05-23-2017, 02:16 PM
Uncle Remus
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Mike98SilVert
I do agree with your comment: "My point is that people are acting like the guy was guzzling beers and doing 150 through a school zone. He wasn't . Sounds like he maybe approached speeds that would not even get you pulled over and enjoyed the sound of his American v8. The fake outrage in this country is ridiculous."

Neither of your comments appear to be sarcasm to me. If they are then sorry if I overreated, seems to be the theme of this thread.
I voted for President Donald J. Trump. Never been a lib.
I do not and have never owned a Hawaiian shirt and the only jewelry I own or wear is my wedding ring and a chain with a gold cross from my God Mother that she gave me for my Baptism accompanied by half a heart from my wife for our engagement. I don't even wear a watch. As I stated, I have owned Corvettes for 39 years of 40 years driving and an assortment American Muscle cars as well. You are stereotyping again, just like you did in your previous post, and not in a sacrastic way, (that I can tell), either time.

How do you get from my words that I am "perpetrating the myth of old stuffy guys going 25 mph on the interstate" out of what I said??
Sounds like this has been a huge misunderstanding since your first reply to me. I am a lifelong lover of of everything corvette or muscle or American for that matter. I was being tongue in cheek about the typical corvette owner stereotypes.
Old 05-23-2017, 02:29 PM
Mike98SilVert
Team Owner

Sounds like this has been a huge misunderstanding since your first reply to me. I am a lifelong lover of of everything corvette or muscle or American for that matter. I was being tongue in cheek about the typical corvette owner stereotypes.
Sounds like a misunderstanding to me as well.
Welcome to the Forum and congrats on your Pewter C5
Old 05-23-2017, 02:30 PM
RVETTE42
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by BAT
Let me add a few details....

it was 5 pm.
yes, residential
Harley's are equally as loud, and for longer durations of time
I didn't break 35 mph. I was in the throttle for all of about 2 seconds
the perception I was speeding was because of the volume of the exhaust (I scared a buddy passing his house giving it a quick rev)
I'm running stock manifolds and h pipe, so it could be MUCH louder

it's not like I'm tearing through neighborhoods street racing. I don't do it in the morning, and hardly have the car out after dark.
I am surprised he would be that upset with stock manifolds and with stock cats that should not bother anyone.
Old 05-23-2017, 02:34 PM
Nyt_Muves
Drifting

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Most car people are the best people you could ever meet, successful, family men and women, "do it your selfers" with a common passion who enjoy life and would give you the shirt off your back.
I completely agree. I would add that in my experience gun people are like that too. Salt of the earth hard working people who earned what they have and are generous to a fault and the first to lend a hand.

Democrats are generous too. Unfortunately they are generous with other people's stuff not so much their own.
Attached Images  
Old 05-23-2017, 02:42 PM
Mike98SilVert
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Nyt_Muves
I completely agree. I would add that in my experience gun people are like that too. Salt of the earth hard working people who earned what they have and are generous to a fault and the first to lend a hand.
100%

Originally Posted by Nyt_Muves
Democrats are generous too. Unfortunately they are generous with other people's stuff not so much their own.
Unfortunately this is true.
Old 05-23-2017, 04:06 PM
Black 02
Safety Car

Received 427 Likes on 316 Posts

Lots of inconsiderate people appear to own C5 Corvettes judging from this thread

Get notified of new replies

To Got my first middle finger

Old 05-23-2017, 09:07 PM
Dave concrete
Race Director

Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Sounds like a misunderstanding to me as well.
Welcome to the Forum and congrats on your Pewter C5
Jeez Mike thought your head was going to explode
Old 05-23-2017, 09:19 PM
ZZ06
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Black 02
Lots of inconsiderate people appear to own C5 Corvettes judging from this thread
my thoughts exactly
Old 05-23-2017, 09:48 PM
Forcedvert
Melting Slicks

Received 371 Likes on 318 Posts

I thought this was the general section..... not the PRC section

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Got my first middle finger