Sponsored by:

A few pics i want to share

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 09:08 AM
Volk2142
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

I did, and given my new attitude, I like it even better than his!!! [/QUOTE]

Wow really? I've only had very very few people on the forums actually say they liked my hood lol Most people hate it compared to the MCM hoods but thanks
Old 06-16-2017, 10:29 AM
Yello95
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,227 Likes on 874 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by Volk2142
I did, and given my new attitude, I like it even better than his!!!
Wow really? I've only had very very few people on the forums actually say they liked my hood lol Most people hate it compared to the MCM hoods but thanks [/QUOTE]

He was being a smartasp...

NOW BACK TO OUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAM...

Last edited by Yello95; 06-16-2017 at 09:41 PM.
Old 06-16-2017, 10:41 AM
Volk2142
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

So any plans for what's next if anything, Yello?
Old 06-17-2017, 10:29 PM
Yello95
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by Volk2142
So any plans for what's next if anything, Yello?
Polished Maggie?

http://dai.ly/x2n28dn

Last edited by Yello95; 05-09-2018 at 04:28 PM.
Old 06-18-2017, 10:02 PM
Mike94ZLT1
Le Mans Master

Received 96 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Yello95
That's why I wanted an S/C high rise fron the getgo for looks and for future polished Maggie...but your splitter and sides are corrupting my thoughts...they are growing on me...anyway if you get an S/C MCM I'm interested in your low riser...I'm starting to collect MCMs for investment purposes......btw...is that section on top painted black or clear coated over carbon fiber? It looks great sir!
Thanks! It's carbon fiber, I have one of the rare ones with the clear coated center. I had one that was painted before, then saw this for sale and snapped it up. Wish I held on to the other one, also for investment purposes!

I removed the ACI splitter in the front, I liked how it looked but it hung too low and I got tired of scraping it on everything. I replaced it with a Corvette Creationz CF splitter and I like it much better. Goes good with my hood, and I gained almost an inch of ground clearance. Now to get a real set of wheels...
Attached Images   
Old 06-18-2017, 10:50 PM
Yello95
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by Mike94ZLT1
Thanks! It's carbon fiber, I have one of the rare ones with the clear coated center. I had one that was painted before, then saw this for sale and snapped it up. Wish I held on to the other one, also for investment purposes!

I removed the ACI splitter in the front, I liked how it looked but it hung too low and I got tired of scraping it on everything. I replaced it with a Corvette Creationz CF splitter and I like it much better. Goes good with my hood, and I gained almost an inch of ground clearance. Now to get a real set of wheels...
Way back when, I think for a few hundred bucks you could have ordered the carbon fiber section laid in to the vacuum form process...and then clear coat it...I saw one close up and it just looks fantastic...so how much will you sell yours for? ...
I hope you will not sell it and keep it as long as you can...but I will buy it if you insist on getting rid of it in the future...

Last edited by Yello95; 06-18-2017 at 10:54 PM.
Old 06-18-2017, 11:01 PM
Mike94ZLT1
Le Mans Master

Received 96 Likes on 60 Posts

Way back when, I think for a few hundred bucks you could have ordered the carbon fiber section laid in to the vacuum form process...and then clear coat it...I saw one close up and it just looks fantastic...so how much will you sell yours for? ...
I hope you will not sell it and keep it as long as you can...but I will buy it if you insist on getting rid of it in the future...
I'd trade for a high rise
Old 06-18-2017, 11:29 PM
Yello95
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by Mike94ZLT1
I'd trade for a high rise
ok Deal!...oh wait, I just changed my mind...heres the new deal...OVER MY DEAD BODY...and I do know that's possible though
Old 07-07-2017, 12:23 PM
Yello95
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '11

Hello folks...I just wanted to share a few pics of my MCM S/C high rise hood...hope you like them.....thanks...

ttt
Old 07-07-2017, 11:12 PM
Yello95
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by BobbyC5
Great looking car! The hood looks awesome, just the right amount of aggressive.
I like the wheels, and don't think they take anything away from the look.
Thanks for sharing.

Thank you Bobby...isn't it funny that some people like us like our stock shiny wheels and some people hate them

Forgot to mention how much I love your blue Vette...something warming about that color...

Old 07-08-2017, 07:25 AM
IMXCITD
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 307 Likes on 290 Posts

very sharp!!
The following users liked this post:
Yello95 (10-29-2017)
Old 07-09-2017, 02:21 PM
Yello95
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '11

Default MCM S/C Hood

Originally Posted by IMXCITD
very sharp!!
Thanks
Old 07-09-2017, 03:47 PM
Forcedvert
Melting Slicks

Received 371 Likes on 318 Posts

Very nice hood, the best aftermarket by far, looks like it could be factory*.

Ftr.... the comments, although not asked for, about balance are valid. IMO

Spoiler of some sort or widebody with larger meats out back would do it.

*I believe if it was a factory option they would have addressed this balance issue.....

Now get a blower for that thing and shut us up
Old 07-09-2017, 05:24 PM
Yello95
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by Forcedvert
Very nice hood, the best aftermarket by far, looks like it could be factory*.

Ftr.... the comments, although not asked for, about balance are valid. IMO

Spoiler of some sort or widebody with larger meats out back would do it.

*I believe if it was a factory option they would have addressed this balance issue.....

Now get a blower for that thing and shut us up
Adam....I chose the S/C high rise for 2 reasons...to me and many others it looked much better...we love the 1.5 inch additional rise in the front better...and secondly, heres my goal so I potentially needed the S/C High rise...killed 2 birds with one stone ...

Polished Maggie may come later...

But I do have another MCM low rise headed for the paint shop to be mounted on a wall of my man cave just for S & G and I am on the search for another MCM hood with the carbon fiber section showing on top for another wall... Here is the one I am after...

...but fyi here is what Patrick Morgan the Corvetteforum Editor wrote that you may have missed......

"Why on Earth Did the C5 Not Come From the Factory With This Hood?"

"When we debate which generation of Corvette is the best looking, the results are always polarizing, but we have noticed one constant. Fans of the C5 Corvette always point out that it has the most slippery and smooth shapes of all generations of Corvette. And they are right. So to alter any lines on this car, it takes careful consideration to not make something look out-of-place. Yet one Corvette Forum member has found an awesome way of improving the look of his C5, with a carbon fiber hood by MCM.

"High-rise hoods have been popular for years, and for a number of reasons. Mainly to make room for components that are nestled underneath. But this Corvette is stock. For now at least. We think that’s okay, because it isn’t really a modification making any particular promises.
Plus being made out of high quality carbon fiber, and with a functional heat extractor vent, it ticks all the right boxes for us. After all, it does give the excuse for occupying that extra free space with a blower."

To me and many others the S/C high rise hood just looks much better and BALANCED for our tastes...

In the end...this is plenty balanced and not out of proportion for me the owner...

I just noticed in the 3rd pic...for those thinking its not balanced the red humps behind the seats should balance it out for ya

Thanks for the ttt bump

Last edited by Yello95; 07-09-2017 at 05:47 PM.
Old 07-09-2017, 11:39 PM
LT4_CE
Pro

Received 148 Likes on 111 Posts

Online Conflicts
For the most part, the CF community remains a friendly place where ideas, thoughts, and assistance can be found. Unfortunately, there are times when members forget that this is an Internet forum and issues between members can get out of hand. This includes members turning to the forum to air a personal offline/on-line problem which results in sides being drawn by participating members.

In these situations, it is the forum's role to expeditiously end any conflict for the good of the forum and its membership. The forum's goal is not only to remain family, work, and corporate server safe, it also will not serve as a battleground where offline/on-line personal matters and drama are permitted to be played out in front of other members.

Any thread(s) that contain open bickering, name calling, subtle derogatory messages, "digs," personal attacks, or anything negative in nature will be closed/edited or deleted, and any participating members who post in violation of this rule, will jeopardize their posting privileges.

If any member is being harassed on-line in a thread or privately via PM, they should avoid a confrontation with the offending member and immediately report the problem to a section Moderator via PM, or by clicking on the "report post," icon under their user name.

The Moderator will evaluate the issue and take appropriate action to rectify the situation.

Last edited by johnodrake; 07-10-2017 at 11:39 AM. Reason: stop conflict
Old 07-10-2017, 09:39 PM
jacksonpyt
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Hello folks...I just wanted to share a few pics of my MCM S/C high rise hood...hope you like them.....thanks...

Beautiful!!!!
The following users liked this post:
Yello95 (10-29-2017)
Old 07-11-2017, 01:52 AM
Yello95
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by jacksonpyt
Beautiful!!!!
Thanks Lisa...other than the hood its sorta plain Jane looking...and that suits me fine...

BTW...I did see what you have been doing to your Vette...very cool

Hey...wait a minute...I just noticed that yours is almost my twin...

Last edited by Yello95; 07-11-2017 at 01:57 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To A few pics i want to share

Old 07-11-2017, 12:27 PM
jacksonpyt
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Twinning

Yea his and hers! Yours is all nice and shiny with the cool hood...I inherited some small scratches/chips (door area) on my paint job which sucks. I try and keep it clean and nice and shiny
Old 07-11-2017, 01:57 PM
Yello95
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by jacksonpyt
Yea his and hers! Yours is all nice and shiny with the cool hood...I inherited some small scratches/chips (door area) on my paint job which sucks. I try and keep it clean and nice and shiny
Nothing wrong with that...it is 16+ years old but you can still shine it up nice...mine has been babied all its life...it has been like a family member to me...actually just got the hood after all these years...worked so hard to get it you just can't imagine what it took in sacrifices to get this puppy...lol...even though i'm just a caretaker...nothing lasts forever...enjoying it while I can
Old 11-16-2017, 11:02 AM
Yello95
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '11

Ttt

Quick Reply: A few pics i want to share