C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chadwick's Triple Play... say what you want, pictures say it all

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2017, 09:14 PM
ArmchairArchitect
Banned Scam/Spammer

Location: Philadelphia PA (Birthplace of the USA, UNESCO World Heritage City)
Received 3,916 Likes on 1,616 Posts

Results look good, but the question is how does it compare to
Meguiar's Waterless Wash and Wax Meguiar's Waterless Wash and Wax
? It gets great reviews on Amazon, and I just picked up a bottle for $7.50 there (not sure what Chadwick's costs). My friend with a Viper swears by this product, and I can see the results on his car (which is also fiberglass, btw).

Last edited by ArmchairArchitect; 06-12-2017 at 09:15 PM.
Old 06-12-2017, 10:30 PM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,081 Likes on 1,634 Posts

Originally Posted by ArmchairArchitect
Results look good, but the question is how does it compare to Meguiar's Waterless Wash and Wax? It gets great reviews on Amazon, and I just picked up a bottle for $7.50 there (not sure what Chadwick's costs). My friend with a Viper swears by this product, and I can see the results on his car (which is also fiberglass, btw).
You have to use Chadwick's to really appreciate the results. The more you use it, the better the results !! The Triple Play takes off all the old wax and other crap that makes the finish look dull. Neil says the more you wax your car the worst it can look. He believes the wax melts in the sun or heat of the day trapping all kinds of crap then turns cold trapping the foreign material in the wax then you wax it more and you get the drift. So the more you use it the more it strips away the junk and adding protection !!! The tire stuff is out of this world good, makes all rubber stripping and hoses, interior parts like new, soft and pliable !! I have been using the tire stuff on my seats for 3 summers and this past winter had to do some seat repairs and my 18 year old leather was like new !!!
The following 2 users liked this post by Pounder:
captaineddie (06-22-2017), doublenut9 (06-15-2017)
Old 06-12-2017, 11:24 PM
Bobd207s
Burning Brakes

Location: Cancer Sucks - please donate to Corvettes Conquer Cancer
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Cruise-In X Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Default Chadwicks Triple Play

Originally Posted by Kbuth
Hi. Can you use any microfiber towels or buy his? Thanks for the advice in advance. If his, how many towels for a car
You get a couple nice micro fiber towels with the CTP kit. I also use other micro fiber towels and they work fine. Hope this helps bob
The following users liked this post:
Kbuth (06-13-2017)
Old 06-13-2017, 09:47 AM
Kbuth
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Triple play paint correction system

Originally Posted by Bobd207s
You get a couple nice micro fiber towels with the CTP kit. I also use other micro fiber towels and they work fine. Hope this helps bob
Has anyone used the whole paint correction system? If so, how did it work? 289 is kind of expensive so I thought I would get opinions
Thanks

Last edited by Kbuth; 06-13-2017 at 09:48 AM.
Old 06-13-2017, 09:56 AM
BAT
Le Mans Master

Received 1,224 Likes on 537 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Has anyone used the whole paint correction system? If so, how did it work? 289 is kind of expensive so I thought I would get opinions
Thanks
Yes, I did. On my Vette (pictured above), my wife's BMW and my F250. There was enough in the kit to do ALL of them, plus some left over.

Old 06-13-2017, 10:37 AM
Vanover
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 94 Posts

CTP works for me. That pic is in poor light. It looks better in the sun.
Attached Images  
Old 06-13-2017, 11:17 AM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks
I was a beta tester for the Paint Correction and thought my finish could not get better than it was, Wrong !!!! the pic I posted earlier shows the results !!!

Last edited by Pounder; 06-13-2017 at 11:17 AM.
Old 06-13-2017, 11:44 AM
Kbuth
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Polisher

Originally Posted by Pounder
I was a beta tester for the Paint Correction and thought my finish could not get better than it was, Wrong !!!! the pic I posted earlier shows the results !!!
Only used a orbital polisher a couple of times before. Was the polishing difficult?
Thanks
Old 06-13-2017, 12:06 PM
Sydwayz
Burning Brakes

Received 270 Likes on 198 Posts
St. Jude Donor '18

Originally Posted by Fastbird
Ok, I'm not a motorcycle guy, but DAMN!!!!! That thing is absolutely stunning.
Thank you. That picture was taken by a professional at Cars & Coffee Richmond, and it makes it look better than in person, I think.

Part of me wants to move on to a full custom chopper, but comments like yours make me want to keep it and blow the rear end out to a 300 tire.
Old 06-13-2017, 12:57 PM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

Only used a orbital polisher a couple of times before. Was the polishing difficult?
Thanks
Neil made the system for everyone, made it dam near foolproof !!!! Go to his site and watch the video !! Neil will always answer the phone or call you back !!!
http://chadwickstripleplay.com/
The following users liked this post:
Kbuth (06-13-2017)
Old 06-14-2017, 02:19 PM
imgn tht
Melting Slicks

Received 158 Likes on 131 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13, '15

Ok, so I just watched the paint correction video and read through the FAQ's on his site. Here is my question for those that use it personally.

Aside from my Corvette (which I DD except winters), I also have two SUVs in the family...one of which is black with no metallic in it and used all year long, plus my Dad just purchased a Black Metallic used Avalon with swirls for miles. How realistic is it to not have to wash the car before I use this product under everyday normal driving conditions?

Most here is talking about their Corvettes, which may be DD under only fair weather conditions or just a sunny day cruiser garage queen. And on his site the cars referenced are high end luxury sports cars and classics. Hardly an everyday plain jane appliance we all have in our garages too. Can I seriously not ever use soap and water to wash a REAL daily driver that runs through rain storms, bug splatter, tar, etc...?

Last edited by imgn tht; 06-14-2017 at 02:20 PM.
Old 06-14-2017, 02:33 PM
calguy
Drifting

Received 150 Likes on 96 Posts

Can I seriously not ever use soap and water to wash a REAL daily driver that runs through rain storms, bug splatter, tar, etc...?
I have had vehicles for well over fifty years, and the only time they ever saw soap of any kind was right before a detailing and waxing.
With a good coat of wax, I don't care if it's mud, bugs, or whatever, it will come clean by hose water only.

The object of soap is to remove dirt, and contaminants.
While doing that, it also removes the wax coating.

I will dig in my files and show you some of my past vehicles that never saw soap to keep them looking like new.
My current vehicle is one of them.
And by the way, ALL my vehicles have been daily drivers.

Bob.
Attached Images  

Last edited by calguy; 06-14-2017 at 02:37 PM.
Old 06-14-2017, 02:34 PM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by imgn tht
Ok, so I just watched the paint correction video and read through the FAQ's on his site. Here is my question for those that use it personally.

Aside from my Corvette (which I DD except winters), I also have two SUVs in the family...one of which is black with no metallic in it and used all year long, plus my Dad just purchased a Black Metallic used Avalon with swirls for miles. How realistic is it to not have to wash the car before I use this product under everyday normal driving conditions?

Most here is talking about their Corvettes, which may be DD under only fair weather conditions or just a sunny day cruiser garage queen. And on his site the cars referenced are high end luxury sports cars and classics. Hardly an everyday plain jane appliance we all have in our garages too. Can I seriously not ever use soap and water to wash a REAL daily driver that runs through rain storms, bug splatter, tar, etc...?
The GMC (2003 with a 174,00 miles) was my DD for many years, it was dull, never used the Paint Correction on it, living in Michigan it would be covered with salt and grime, just used Chadwick's on it. (nice to not worry about frozen doors and such) Sold it and bought the Monte SS for DD never washed it with water !! (did the paint correction just to see)

!!!
Old 06-14-2017, 02:51 PM
grampi50
Le Mans Master

Received 548 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by calguy
Could be because your pics are done with your phone, but at much less money, and work, I would put my 04 up against the shine on your Chadwicks special any day of the week.
Good ole turtle wax, and the finish is almost mirror like.
That's the compliment I hear over and over, "it's like looking into a mirror."

Nothing wrong with using Chadwicks, but all that work, and extra money, one has to ask, is it worth it?
Wouldn't be for me, especially when I can get as good, if not better results with turtle wax.

Bob.

You and your Turtle Wax...
Old 06-14-2017, 03:02 PM
c5vetteguy
Melting Slicks

Received 231 Likes on 163 Posts
2018 C5 of Year Finalist

Probably uses Armor All, too.
Old 06-14-2017, 03:30 PM
grampi50
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by c5vetteguy
Probably uses Armor All, too.
Lol!
Old 06-14-2017, 03:40 PM
calguy
Drifting

Received 150 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by grampi50
You and your Turtle Wax...

Another example of my turtle wax.
I have owned this Dokota since new (2002), and it looks better than the night I bought it.

This was taken around 6 months ago.
Another one of my turtle wax beauties, but you get the idea.

Bob.

Last edited by calguy; 06-14-2017 at 03:47 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Chadwick's Triple Play... say what you want, pictures say it all

Old 06-14-2017, 03:42 PM
BAT
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by imgn tht

I used it (triple play and paint correction) on both my wife's BMW (she DD's it) and my F250 (I DD it, and plow with it in the winter). With the truck, any "heavy" dirt/mud will get hosed off first. Light dirt/pollen I will just use CTP.

Old 06-14-2017, 03:43 PM
BAT
Le Mans Master

I have owned this Dokota since new (2002), and it looks better than the night I bought it.

Bob.
I'm still waiting for your plumbers putty/turtle wax thread
Old 06-14-2017, 03:51 PM
grampi50
Le Mans Master

Another one of my turtle wax beauties, but you get the idea.

Bob.

...and the first time they get wet, the wax rinses right off...TW doesn't last for crap...

Quick Reply: Chadwick's Triple Play... say what you want, pictures say it all