Chadwick's Triple Play... say what you want, pictures say it all

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 03:52 PM
calguy
Drifting

Received 150 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by BAT
I'm still waiting for your plumbers putty/turtle wax thread

For that, you would have to join the city data site, and log on to the auto forum, and do a search.
It's there.

Bob.
Old 06-14-2017, 03:56 PM
BAT
Le Mans Master

Received 1,220 Likes on 535 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by calguy
For that, you would have to join the city data site, and log on to the auto forum, and do a search.
It's there.

Bob.
Nope. Pretty sure I titled this thread "Chadwick's Triple Play..." not Turtle Wax or what do you use.

Go ahead, go start your own "Plumbers putty and Turtle wax....the BEST shine for the least".
Old 06-14-2017, 04:00 PM
calguy
Drifting

Originally Posted by grampi50
...and the first time they get wet, the wax rinses right off...TW doesn't last for crap...
Nothing could be further from the truth.
The pics of the Tbird were taken about a year after I detailed and waxed it.
Hosing it down was a daily thing, then blow drying.
A little buffing with a microfiber cloth, and that is the result.

Bob.
Old 06-14-2017, 04:02 PM
calguy
Drifting

Originally Posted by BAT
Nope. Pretty sure I titled this thread "Chadwick's Triple Play..." not Turtle Wax or what do you use.

Go ahead, go start your own "Plumbers putty and Turtle wax....the BEST shine for the least".
You are the one who said "waiting for the plumbers putty, turtle wax thread".
I showed you where to find it.

Bob.
Old 06-14-2017, 04:08 PM
grampi50
Le Mans Master

Received 548 Likes on 408 Posts

Nothing could be further from the truth.
The pics of the Tbird were taken about a year after I detailed and waxed it.
Hosing it down was a daily thing, then blow drying.
A little buffing with a microfiber cloth, and that is the result.

Bob.

Arguing with you is like arguing with a demented old man...you clearly don't know what you're talking about and you're the laughing stock of the forum every time you start your Turtle Wax bs...I'm done arguing with you as it's clearly a waste of time, but you are more than welcome to keep making a fool of yourself...

Last edited by grampi50; 06-14-2017 at 04:10 PM.
Old 06-14-2017, 04:09 PM
BAT
Le Mans Master

You are the one who said "waiting for the plumbers putty, turtle wax thread".
I showed you where to find it.

Bob.
Point is, Bob, for you to take your praise of plumbers putty and turtle wax to your own thread. I, nor anyone else in this thread, was looking for your review of TW. Great that it works for you and you think it provides a better shine or finish over what I was able to get using CTP. Go start your own thread, here in the forums, to tell everyone how great it is. We aren't looking for it in this thread.
The following users liked this post:
Bobd207s (06-25-2017)
Old 06-14-2017, 04:42 PM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,081 Likes on 1,634 Posts

Too bad we all can't get along, we are all Vette owners !!!!! Zanio is a great product, I prefer Chadwick's simple as that !!! I have NEVER said one is better than another just what I have had great results with Chadwick's !!! Use what makes you happy but don't say your shine is better and why spend whatever money you do ??? I use Chadwick's because a friend said it was great stuff, I had just clay barred my Vette and thought it could not shine any better. Boy was I surprised, and the more I used it the better the shine got !!! Then Neil wanted me to test his paint correction system, again I thought it could not look better !!! Again total shock !!!! I am a fan because it WORKS, simple as that !!! (ps a gallon lasts me a long time and I use it on everything, inside and outside the house) We have not even talked about the No-Sling tire dressing !! Out of this world good !!!
Old 06-14-2017, 06:14 PM
calguy
Drifting

Originally Posted by Pounder
Too bad we all can't get along, we are all Vette owners !!!!! Zanio is a great product, I prefer Chadwick's simple as that !!! I have NEVER said one is better than another just what I have had great results with Chadwick's !!! Use what makes you happy but don't say your shine is better and why spend whatever money you do ??? I use Chadwick's because a friend said it was great stuff, I had just clay barred my Vette and thought it could not shine any better. Boy was I surprised, and the more I used it the better the shine got !!! Then Neil wanted me to test his paint correction system, again I thought it could not look better !!! Again total shock !!!! I am a fan because it WORKS, simple as that !!! (ps a gallon lasts me a long time and I use it on everything, inside and outside the house) We have not even talked about the No-Sling tire dressing !! Out of this world good !!!
Now what you stated here is exactly what I have been doing.
You found a product that works wonders for you, so you are telling people about it.
That was my point when I entered this thread.
If people take my advice, that's fine, and if they don't, that's fine also.
It's no skin off my back.

Bob.

Last edited by calguy; 06-14-2017 at 06:18 PM.
Old 06-14-2017, 06:17 PM
Fastbird
Race Director
Pro Mechanic

Received 810 Likes on 430 Posts
C5 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
2017 C5 of the Year Finalist
2016 C5 of the Year Finalist
2015 C5 of the Year Finalist
I Believe In The Beer Fairy

For those of you who have used the CTW Paint Correction package, how did it do with any fine swirl marks or scratches? I'm thinking of trying CTW on my daily driver as my Vette I'm happy with (lots of machine polishing and Zaino applications, very low maintenance now). I'm curious if the Paint Correction is absolutely necessary or if I could just get the $60 kit and do my own polish job with what I have on hand (PC7424 and orange/white pads along with Menzerna IP, FP, and Zaino ZPC).
Old 06-14-2017, 06:59 PM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Fastbird
For those of you who have used the CTW Paint Correction package, how did it do with any fine swirl marks or scratches? I'm thinking of trying CTW on my daily driver as my Vette I'm happy with (lots of machine polishing and Zaino applications, very low maintenance now). I'm curious if the Paint Correction is absolutely necessary or if I could just get the $60 kit and do my own polish job with what I have on hand (PC7424 and orange/white pads along with Menzerna IP, FP, and Zaino ZPC).
call and talk to Neil !!http://chadwickstripleplay.com/
Old 06-14-2017, 07:32 PM
Fastbird
Race Director
Pro Mechanic

call and talk to Neil !!http://chadwickstripleplay.com/
I'm looking for first hand impressions, not a vendor sales pitch, hence asking for user experience.
Old 06-14-2017, 08:08 PM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

I'm looking for first hand impressions, not a vendor sales pitch, hence asking for user experience.
Neil is hardly that, the paint correction is for the swirl and other imperfections, should not have even responded !!!
Old 06-14-2017, 08:40 PM
Fast Cars & Horses
Racer

Received 128 Likes on 94 Posts

I would recommend doing the paint correction. After using it on the black C5 and getting incredible results (even after I had done the swirl remover stuff from Blackfire the year before!), I decided to try it on my daily driver, my 11 yr. old 06 Dodge diesel that I've never waxed ever. I have pictures of before and after, and I can't believe what the truck looked like, it was awesome and the easiest stuff I've ever used and the truck is a big dually.

Before

After
Old 06-14-2017, 08:59 PM
BAT
Le Mans Master

I would think you'd be fine. Not sure how other product's would work with it though. My truck is big, so I only did half of it using the paint correction. Its my DD so I'm not looking for that show quality "wow". Just the TP should still give you plenty of shine and protection. The block included with that kit will certainly help.
Old 06-14-2017, 09:02 PM
BAT
Le Mans Master

Neil is hardly that, the paint correction is for the swirl and other imperfections, should not have even responded !!!
I'll second Pounder. Neil is a stand up guy. Never once did he try to sell or up sell me. I had questions, he answered. I had concerns, he solved them. To me, he isn't the typical "sales rep". Seriously, reach out to him, he's a straight shooter.
The following users liked this post:
doublenut9 (06-15-2017)
Old 06-14-2017, 09:10 PM
Fastbird
Race Director
Pro Mechanic

I'm not trying to discount Neil, but I'd rather it come first hand from an independent source rather than the owner/vendor himself. An independent opinion and experience carries more weight than one coming from the manufacturer. That's all, and the only reason I asked for independent opinions.
Old 06-14-2017, 09:16 PM
BAT
Le Mans Master

I'm not trying to discount Neil, but I'd rather it come first hand from an independent source rather than the owner/vendor himself. An independent opinion and experience carries more weight than one coming from the manufacturer. That's all, and the only reason I asked for independent opinions.
I hear ya, and I'm the same.

I did reply to your question above. Not sure if that answered it for you?

Get notified of new replies

To Chadwick's Triple Play... say what you want, pictures say it all

Old 06-14-2017, 09:35 PM
Fastbird
Race Director
Pro Mechanic

Originally Posted by BAT
I hear ya, and I'm the same.

I did reply to your question above. Not sure if that answered it for you?
You did. Logic to me says that running a couple of stages of Menzerna and maybe the Zaino ZPC before the CTP would be fine. I was more curious if anyone had done it. Just chewing on which kit to get. Wife seems to be ok with one or the other as a fathers day gift.
Old 06-14-2017, 11:29 PM
C5R USA
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Ideals are peaceful...History is violent...St.Charles, MO.
Received 439 Likes on 228 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

You did. Logic to me says that running a couple of stages of Menzerna and maybe the Zaino ZPC before the CTP would be fine. I was more curious if anyone had done it. Just chewing on which kit to get. Wife seems to be ok with one or the other as a fathers day gift.
Sean, we've known each other quite a few years, and even though I haven't personally used the paint correction system, I've used everything else that Chadwick's offers. These guys that are ballyhooing the results of the system, I take it as gospel. You've personally worked on my car, and know how well I take care of it, so trust me when I tell you that you it's the farthest thing from "snake oil". I'm so confident in his products, that if you do try it, and don't like it, I'll personally reimburse you the full expense of it. With the caveat, that you send the remaining uses to me.
The following 3 users liked this post by C5R USA:
BAT (06-15-2017), Fastbird (06-15-2017), Gary Collins (06-15-2017)
Old 06-15-2017, 05:24 AM
Tuco
Team Owner

Location: Blessed are the cracked. For they are the ones who let in the light.
Received 165 Likes on 136 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by Vetteman Jack
Looking at the pics, the shine on your black car looks outstanding. Well done.

Quick Reply: Chadwick's Triple Play... say what you want, pictures say it all