Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Different kinds of Corvette Owners

Old 07-20-2017, 05:17 PM
Volk2142
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Different kinds of Corvette Owners

So far after being on the CorvetteForum for a year or two, I have noticed different kinds of owners and how they treat their cars and how their opinions are of others. Some of you may laugh, some may die a little on the inside from being placed in a certain class, and others may straight up hate me I just want you to know this is just to have a laugh and make others laugh, I do not intend to offend others people's wishes for their cars to be any different from what they want. So lets get started.

I'll start off with the class I say and think I would be placed in which is the YOUNGENS. Youngens typically drive more aggressive on the streets than other class, do body modifications that may or may not be questionable, and normally have a loud to very loud exhaust. Now when I say Youngen, I don't really mean it to be by legitimate age, but more like thought wise. Well most young guys would fit this category anyway though. Example of a Youngen, my car

Next class is the dreaded VICERS (Vette Ricers). This class is typically the guy who has over the top body modification, stickers everywhere, and very other dreadful things done to the car that would make every class cringe and rock in a corner while trying to forget what they just saw.. Its very easy to spot a Vicer's car. It is EXTREMELY RARE for a Vicer's car to gain positive attention from other classes, but hey sometimes it happens. If you like the corvette from Corvette Summer, you are definitely in the Vicer class. Example...... of a Vicer.....

Moving on... The next two classes are some what similar so they will be exampled together. The Dragster and the Tracker classes. The Dragster class is the guy who has turned his car into a straight line monster. All they want to do in their cars are to get better times and better speeds. The acceleration of some of these cars is ridiculous and may make you **** a brick or two if you aren't ready. The Tracker class is the one who turned his car in a circuit, autocross, st1 etc. monster. Twisties, hard turns, awesome control of the car at high speeds and corning is what these guys really want.
Most of cars in these are not street legal from the heavy race type modifications done the them, but if you ever meet one on the street, you will definitely realize that you may have made a huge mistake by revving at him for a short burst race. Examples of the Dragster (pic 1) and Tracker classes

Next class is the PURIST. The guy who absolutely believes ANY modification or aftermarket parts are the very worst and ugliest thing you can do to a vette. Their stock vette is the best and fastest and greatest car every, why would you ever want to "degrade" it???? They will tell you their opinion about those new "ugly" rims, or hood, or anything other than factory really really quickly. They may or may not be the oldest members of having a corvette.... most of them may have never even worked on their own car. Example of the Purist class ( everyone already knows what a stocky looks like any way though, all the same....)

The strangest class is the GARAGE KEEPER. This guy is the very strange guy never drives his corvette or does anything to it. It literally just stays in the garage. He is the first and only owner of the car. His car maybe, just MAYBE has 100 miles on it. Says driving it will degrade the value and basically is waiting for its price to be classic. I don't understand this class at all.... its like having the most beautiful woman that wants you to do many bad things to her, but you say no so you can save her pleasures for the next guy.... Thats outrageous... Lost at words..... sorry.... regardless you get the point. This is the point where I would say "Example of.." BUT we never see these guys' cars cause they are never out!

Next class is the CASUAL OWNER. This guy just has a corvette. He's not worried about mods or racing or anything of what others think. He just has it cause he liked it. Usually they have their cars as daily's or just weekend cruises with the tops off or down. Some do lean towards other classes but their overall score still places them in the causal class, which isn't bad really, just laid back, relaxed and do their thing. They are also one of the most neutral complimenters, typically saying "its whatever you want it to be". Most corvette owners are fit this very laid back class. Example of this class can be refereed to a stock corvette with either little to no mods.

The PERSONALIZER class is somewhat of a mix. Its the guy that takes his car for his own imaging, and mods it to what he sees fit, but not too much to where its all over the place. Just a few things here and there. You know what the vette looks like but it will never scream "OVER HERE" when you look around. This class could be considered a sub-class due to it being mixed in with some many other classes.

Next is the SLEEPER class. Ok ok, I know you are probably thinking "How the hell could a corvette be a sleeper?" well honestly, in the C5 at the time and age, it can be a damn good one. Think, stock coupe C5 A4, makes around 325 to the wheels in the later model. Its fast but not very fast like the new cars going around. Get you a fresh moostang Youngen class with his loud pipes and thinks he's billy badass, see a "old stock vette" that he is gonna rip apart. That vette pulls up, quiet and a little break squeak at the stop light. Moostang boy revs and challenges the vette. Light goes green and the vette launches off the line leaving the poor boy far behind. Moostang boy is now left wide eyed and jaw droppped. "Sleeper vettes are real, and this is my story" he claimed on Dr. Phill, in an attempt to fix his broken mind.

These next two classes will be put together, kind of like the Tracker and Dragster classes. They are the KNUCKLE BUSTERS (DIY) and the SHOPPER (NON-DIY) classes. First off, Knuckles busters are the guys that have almost every tool you can think of for working their car, and do all the maintenance and other wrench turning fun times on it. If they are the hard working guys, you can normally spot them with little scars and cuts on their hands and fingers. They also try to encourage other classes to join theirs instead of the opposing class, the SHOPPER (Non-DIY). Shopper class guys have never ever worked on their cars. They probably haven't even changed their own oil. Shoppers will take their cars to a dealer or a mechanic (that they approve of) for anything wrong with the vehicle. "Have a professional do it" "You aren't a professional" is what they typically say to their rival class, the Knuckle Busters. These two classes could be considered sub-classes due to being mixed in with some many of the others.

Well this is my list! I hope it gave you a laugh and starts up a conversation going on.

P.S. this is as a lot of over exaggeration, if you feel offended in any way, I don't know what to tell you...

Last edited by Volk2142; 04-19-2018 at 10:45 AM.
The following 6 users liked this post by Volk2142:
awches (04-20-2018), FinallyAC5 (07-27-2017), laurent_zo6 (07-24-2017), Mike7680 (04-19-2018), moncal90 (07-27-2017), tooltime47 (04-26-2018) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)

Popular Reply

07-20-2017, 05:41 PM
Grandpa1
Burning Brakes

Received 271 Likes on 154 Posts

What about owners like me?
Old, don't really want to go fast anymore, don't need loud, don't want to spend money on mods, don't really care what others think of me or my Corvette.
I want to keep my Corvette shiny, in top shape and most importantly I just want a cool car for my wife and me to tool around in with the top down and enjoy life.
We do too!
Don't forget us oldies!
Old 07-20-2017, 05:40 PM
JohnRogers
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

...it's like having the most beautiful woman that wants you to do many bad things to her, but you say no so you can save her pleasures for the next guy...

As I age...eh-hem mature I find my tastes more and more of that the Purist hoping to score the Garage Keeper's car in that rare moment of desperation.

The thought of going to prison keeps me from getting violent with the Vicer.
Old 07-20-2017, 05:41 PM
Grandpa1
Burning Brakes

Received 271 Likes on 154 Posts

Old, don't really want to go fast anymore, don't need loud, don't want to spend money on mods, don't really care what others think of me or my Corvette.
I want to keep my Corvette shiny, in top shape and most importantly I just want a cool car for my wife and me to tool around in with the top down and enjoy life.
We do too!
Don't forget us oldies!
The following 7 users liked this post by Grandpa1:
calguy (07-20-2017), captaineddie (07-21-2017), mike5511 (07-28-2017), Mike7680 (04-19-2018), The Rabbi (07-24-2017), thunder1951 (04-24-2018), tooltime47 (04-26-2018) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-20-2017, 05:44 PM
Volk2142
Pro

Originally Posted by Grandpa1
We do too!
Don't forget us oldies!
I got one in there now

Last edited by Volk2142; 07-20-2017 at 05:56 PM.
Old 07-20-2017, 05:46 PM
Volk2142
Pro

Originally Posted by JohnRogers

As I age...eh-hem mature I find my tastes more and more of that the Purist hoping to score the Garage Keeper's car in that rare moment of desperation.

The thought of going to prison keeps me from getting violent with the Vicer.
That would be a rare moment lol and agreed on the prison thoughts lol
Old 07-20-2017, 06:02 PM
JohnRogers
Racer

Originally Posted by Grandpa1
We do too!
Don't forget us oldies!
With all due respect you seem to fit The Purist with Garage Keeper like tendencies.
Old 07-20-2017, 06:04 PM
001pewter
Race Director

Received 129 Likes on 99 Posts
St.. Jude Donor '17-'18

I didn't give permission to use pics of my car, atleast finger cover my license plate next time so people don't track it down and steal it.
Old 07-20-2017, 06:06 PM
Volk2142
Pro

Originally Posted by 001pewter

I didn't give permission to use pics of my car, atleast finger cover my license plate next time so people don't track it down and steal it.
If I could photo shop a finger in there, I would then reply is back
Old 07-20-2017, 06:08 PM
001pewter
Race Director

St.. Jude Donor '17-'18

Originally Posted by Volk2142
If I could photo shop a finger in there, I would then reply is back
Too late now, all over the webs. Probably be gone by morning.
Old 07-20-2017, 06:14 PM
Volk2142
Pro

Too late now, all over the webs. Probably be gone by morning.
Oops...
Old 07-20-2017, 06:23 PM
JohnRogers
Racer

What about New Vette Guy? The only Vette that matters is the newest Vette. They know nothing about previous generation Vettes and are likely trade their Vette in for Audi when the shine wears off.
The following users liked this post:
Rover01 (07-20-2017)
Old 07-20-2017, 06:36 PM
Rover01
Racer

Received 75 Likes on 63 Posts
St. Jude Donor '20

I guess I'm in the Casual Class. I'm removing bling from previous owners and love it as a great looking Roadster with some *****. Would never own one as my only car though.
Old 07-20-2017, 06:41 PM
Choreo
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 303 Likes on 220 Posts

I went all Targaryen on my first 1972 Corvette and created a Drogon I was afraid to drive on the street! Also got tired of being challenged at every red light by every kid who had a Thrush muffler - I felt like Dario Naharis when he told Jorah the Andel, "I don't want to fight you as I have nothing to gain. If I win they will say I beat an old man and if I lose they will say I was beaten by an old man". Lose-Lose situation.

I am all too familiar with the Youngens (Wildlings), they really should stay north of the Wall and out of my reach.

The street Dothracki only want a Stallion that will mount the World, so we have little in common except the fear of losing our hair!

As for me, I am all King's Guard now. I patrol the streets daily and look the part - prepared to take action, but don't want to get my cloak dirty.
The following users liked this post:
c5arlen (07-21-2017)
Old 07-20-2017, 06:49 PM
Rob 02
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 429 Likes on 398 Posts

Another class is resto-mod. Basically taking a car that isn't particularly valuable and modernizing it with minor mods that the factory may have done if it were being built today.

This is what I am doing to my project car. Making it as fast as modern Vetts, making it handle better, better lighting and bringing the interior up to date while maintaining most of the classic features. Nothing too extreme. Just better functionality all around.
The following 2 users liked this post by Rob 02:
jrprich (04-20-2018), Pounder (07-21-2017)
Old 07-20-2017, 06:51 PM
zeevette
Race Director

Received 288 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by Choreo
I went all Targaryen on my first 1972 Corvette and created a Drogon I was afraid to drive on the street! Also got tired of being challenged at every red light by every kid who had a Thrush muffler - I felt like Dario Naharis when he told Jorah the Andel, "I don't want to fight you as I have nothing to gain. If I win they will say I beat an old man and if I lose they will say I was beaten by an old man". Lose-Lose situation.

I am all too familiar with the Youngens (Wildlings), they really should stay north of the Wall and out of my reach.

The street Dothracki only want a Stallion that will mount the World, so we have little in common except the fear of losing our hair!

As for me, I am all King's Guard now. I patrol the streets daily and look the part - prepared to take action, but don't want to get my cloak dirty.

I'm a cross between this guy, minus the GOT references, and garage queen. But I've had lots of physical changes since I bought the car, and have done all the mods myself, so I'd drive it more if I could.
Old 07-20-2017, 07:10 PM
the kid C6
Melting Slicks

Received 143 Likes on 128 Posts

Your list is all "guys," so you may want to hang around the forums a while longer ...
Old 07-20-2017, 07:21 PM
Route99
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 862 Likes on 666 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
St. Jude Donor '17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Looks like the Chevy emblem on the left side is tilted a little to the right and down! Of course, that may be intentional to keep it from being stolen!

Get notified of new replies

To Different kinds of Corvette Owners

Old 07-20-2017, 07:39 PM
Mayor111
Melting Slicks

Received 1,948 Likes on 936 Posts

I think there's another class..."The Show Off"...not in a negative way, but a guy that lives to take his "baby" to Car Shows. A guy who keeps his baby pristine clean, never sees a drop of rain, and looks wet/waxed 24/7. This guy will do upgrades but only if it brings more attention to a judge.

Things like engine compartment upgrades, super cool logo'ed floor mats, body color matching interior add-ons, etc... No super chargers, no body kits, not fins or hoods - just eye catching (yet subtle) changes...
Old 07-20-2017, 07:47 PM
001pewter
Race Director

St.. Jude Donor '17-'18

Originally Posted by Route99
Looks like the Chevy emblem on the left side is tilted a little to the right and down! Of course, that may be intentional to keep it from being stolen!

I eyeballed it!
Old 07-20-2017, 07:56 PM
chasboy
Le Mans Master

Received 914 Likes on 721 Posts
Oldtimer

I think you need a personalizer. Similar to a show off, but for different reasons. People who are fans of all the great customizers over the years, and just want to express themselves in their cars with their individual style.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Different kinds of Corvette Owners