Sponsored by:

Just completed widebody swap

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 04:20 PM
rrwirsi
Melting Slicks

Received 1,213 Likes on 774 Posts

Originally Posted by A-Tak
I'm actually shocked at the amount of Internet bullies a "mature forum" like this has. I've seen less harassment on import forums back when I was in my teens. It's discouraging to see here.
The owners that modify the outside that dramatically alter the C5's basic look and post their pics of the change, I think should expect some negative feedback. Although I am a no-outside-look-change guy with my C5, I enjoy seeing others art-form that explains their Avatar.
Old 07-24-2017, 06:03 PM
Yello95
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,227 Likes on 874 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by Volk2142
What kit is that?
nooooo Tyler....please noooooooo...

unless you are aiming for this...

Last edited by Yello95; 07-24-2017 at 06:05 PM.
Old 07-24-2017, 06:14 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

Received 3,812 Likes on 1,925 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04

This is what I see , since I don't know how to click to the next post.

From a form, fit and function point of view as a Corvette designer, these bolt on's fit poorly, the forum is an inexpensive bolt on, for an otherwise beautifully sculpted body.
Function, they work as designed to enclose larger tires and wheels. As far as calling them a wide body kit, they are not !.

scale 1 to 10 1 being very poor 10 being very good.

Form: 2
Fit: 4
Function: 8
Aesthetic enhancement - 5
overall score = possible 30 points
actual points =9
Old 07-24-2017, 06:23 PM
Volk2142
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Yello95
nooooo Tyler....please noooooooo...

unless you are aiming for this...

Taylor... lol and I would love to have the Mad Max Interceptor! But I'm asking for my coworker, he saw it when passing by. I have my body kit picked out already lol
Old 07-24-2017, 06:29 PM
Shakeydeal
Melting Slicks

Received 304 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by motorjunkie
Wow. Some trolls are not happy with just one space in the dog pile. They have to come back for seconds. Everyone else, than you for your constructive observations.
Wow!

First of all, your OP says "wide body swap". You didn't "swap" anything. You just bolted "something" on to the fenders of your car.

And last, but certainly not least, just look at what we are talking about. It's a picture of a damn car on a forum. If my, or anyone else's opinion gets you that worked up, you need to give up on the internet. It's not for you.

Thank you and good night.

Shakey

Last edited by Shakeydeal; 07-24-2017 at 06:30 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Shakeydeal:
Crosis (07-27-2017), Pounder (07-24-2017)
Old 07-24-2017, 06:37 PM
Psydef
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 28 Posts
C5 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

I like the flares. It's the clear taillights and LS1 sticker than ruin it for me
Old 07-24-2017, 06:59 PM
El original
Melting Slicks

Received 201 Likes on 168 Posts

You figured out a way to take the fun look out of a Corvette...looks like nothing but (bad) business. Not for me 'cause for me sports cars should be fun! Sorry...now off to the next click,

Last edited by El original; 07-25-2017 at 02:20 AM.
Old 07-24-2017, 06:59 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

Received 3,812 Likes on 1,925 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04

This is an open forum.... You are like an abortion doctor.. you took " My Baby " and made an abortion of it..
Calling me a troll, or others who don't agree with your False topic line which drew us in are telling it like it is.. Problem here is you cant handle the truth..
for example the rear quarter flairs... the cut out for the side markers ???? How amateur is that 90* degree cut out??? I think middle school art students would be able to have that cut out flow with the line of the side marker... That sticks out like me with a hard on for someone calling me a troll.

Go to a community college and get some remedial design experience before you come here calling this a wide body kit. While you are at it try to find some respect for those who actually know something about this car and its design. I offered you some direction, but you just could not handle it... BTW every single designed GM part goes through an FMEA ( failure modes effect analysis ) to determine the form fit and function capability... the score is then used to tweak the design... I just gave you a 500 dollar critique for free.
Bill the troll

Bill aka ET

Last edited by Evil-Twin; 07-24-2017 at 07:00 PM.
Old 07-24-2017, 10:10 PM
J3TVETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 405 Likes on 290 Posts

I think the kit could work if:

1. Remove the LS1 decal, its horribly out of place
2. Get rid of the clear taillights, replace with smoked black lights
3. Rims=BLACK

I think it would look a lot better if it had these three things going for it
The following users liked this post:
Roddy13 (07-25-2017)
Old 07-24-2017, 10:38 PM
Forcedvert
Melting Slicks

Received 371 Likes on 318 Posts

The main thing is the car is dirty

Once again people are way too concerned about what someone else did to their car.

No I don't like it and wonder why a kit designed to conceal the wider tires would not go all the way around and do something else with the side markers. It seems very unfinished to just abruptly stop there. JMHO

To op you must have known you would get negative comments

Have you not seen the BSM threads, spoiler or wheel color debates, those are mild and people can be pretty opinionated about them.
Old 07-24-2017, 11:24 PM
motorjunkie
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
If I get a C5 for primary (road course) track car, I would do this.
It would turn a lot of heads and generate a lot of convos at a Cars & Coffee too.

Did the front end require any cutting of the factory fenders to install the flares and run those wheels?
Only the rear fenders were trimmed. The front clears fine.
Old 07-24-2017, 11:37 PM
motorjunkie
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slowstang305
I think the kit could work if:

1. Remove the LS1 decal, its horribly out of place
2. Get rid of the clear taillights, replace with smoked black lights
3. Rims=BLACK

I think it would look a lot better if it had these three things going for it
Totally agree about the clear taillights and stickers. They were in the car when we bought it. These will be fixed. This was only for fitment and overall driving evaluation.

As for all the ridiculous trolls, it is easy to tear down and insult. It is much more difficult to create. The car is really stunning in person. Many have made suggestions on how they would improve the design and those perspectives are appreciated. Of course a kit like this is not for everyone, but neither is a corvette in the first place.
Old 07-25-2017, 07:51 AM
strand rider
Safety Car

Received 235 Likes on 181 Posts

Fine with me, i enjoy a fresh take on any idea. Then I can decide any worth, but without a new take, there will never be progress. plus I was looking for those red colored wheels on a black car, just to get an idea.
Old 07-25-2017, 09:13 AM
STALION
Le Mans Master

Location: ALL governments are legalized mobsters, so doesn't matter where I live :(
Received 184 Likes on 133 Posts

I like it, and thinking of going this route. Unless I missed it, who's the manufacturer? I've seen the ones from fiberglass mafia and they would look good on a car with a proper setup.
Old 07-25-2017, 09:34 AM
J3TVETTE
Melting Slicks

Totally agree about the clear taillights and stickers. They were in the car when we bought it. These will be fixed. This was only for fitment and overall driving evaluation.

As for all the ridiculous trolls, it is easy to tear down and insult. It is much more difficult to create. The car is really stunning in person. Many have made suggestions on how they would improve the design and those perspectives are appreciated. Of course a kit like this is not for everyone, but neither is a corvette in the first place.
Absolutely. I think what you did is great and definitely puts the C5 into a whole different territory. It looks great with the wide body kit. Just a few aspects of the car like stated above would make the car a lot nicer which you already know off. I think if I had a C5 and the guts to do it this would also be a direction I would lean in.
Old 07-25-2017, 10:03 AM
J3TVETTE
Melting Slicks

The following 2 users liked this post by J3TVETTE:
motorjunkie (07-25-2017), Roddy13 (07-25-2017)
Old 07-25-2017, 10:22 AM
J3TVETTE
Melting Slicks

motorjunkie (07-25-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To Just completed widebody swap

Old 07-25-2017, 11:45 AM
mre1974
Drifting

Received 330 Likes on 186 Posts

Forgestar 19x12 +12mm rear and 18x10 +24mm front. 335/30 and 275/40 tires.

Pictures don't do it justice. Super pleased w the result.

Haters click on to the next post please. You know who you are...😂😂😂
Overall I like the Liberty Walk/Rocket Bunny look. I think it certainly has it's place in the market with both lovers of the look and the nay sayers about the look.

Curious about the specs/stats of the kit. How much width does the flares add? Looks like it would be different front and rear from the pics but that might also be the angle of the shot.

Constructive feedback: For the front, would it be possible to end the flare with the stock body line and not include the deflectors/splitters for the corners? This may flow better and also provide additional flexibility. Back of the rear flare....the 'cutout' for the repeater/reflector. I wonder if instead of the notched look if doing an angled taper (maybe 30* and then adjusting the placement) would 'flow' better?

I think creating a duck bill wing/spoiler for the rear a la Rocket Bunny would be a cool looking addition to the overall look.

Looking forward to seeing more pics and how this evolves from here.
motorjunkie (07-25-2017)
Old 07-25-2017, 12:11 PM
STALION
Le Mans Master

Location: ALL governments are legalized mobsters, so doesn't matter where I live :(
Received 184 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by mre1974
Overall I like the Liberty Walk/Rocket Bunny look. I think it certainly has it's place in the market with both lovers of the look and the nay sayers about the look.

Curious about the specs/stats of the kit. How much width does the flares add? Looks like it would be different front and rear from the pics but that might also be the angle of the shot.

Constructive feedback: For the front, would it be possible to end the flare with the stock body line and not include the deflectors/splitters for the corners? This may flow better and also provide additional flexibility. Back of the rear flare....the 'cutout' for the repeater/reflector. I wonder if instead of the notched look if doing an angled taper (maybe 30* and then adjusting the placement) would 'flow' better?

I think creating a duck bill wing/spoiler for the rear a la Rocket Bunny would be a cool looking addition to the overall look.

Looking forward to seeing more pics and how this evolves from here.
Fiberglass Mafia kit...forget the car that it is on, picture it with decent wheels and a better color.

http://www.fiberglassmafia.com/store...er_Flares.html

Last edited by STALION; 07-25-2017 at 12:12 PM.
mre1974 (07-25-2017)
Old 07-25-2017, 12:32 PM
mre1974
Drifting

Received 330 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by STALION
Fiberglass Mafia kit...forget the car that it is on, picture it with decent wheels and a better color.

http://www.fiberglassmafia.com/store...er_Flares.html
That link is to their V1 flares. They have a more aggressive V2 as well but not sure if they are in production yet. I have been STRONGLY considering getting the v1 rear flares only and modding them so that the back end is clipped and tapered so that the flare ends above the rear reflector/repeater on the side. Then just running the stock fronts without a flare and maybe adding the C7 Z06 aero flares or other similar style canards and a front splitter with side skirts. That has alot of possibility in my mind but always looking for other options.
STALION (07-25-2017)

Quick Reply: Just completed widebody swap