Old 08-17-2017, 10:47 AM
BAT
Le Mans Master

Received 1,223 Likes on 536 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by Fordeater
So I have been looking for a tune/chip for my 1998 C5 for a while and all I can say is WOW!! Went to see Chuck at Westchester Corvettes and he put a custom tune on my C5 it handles/performs like a totally different car, amazing!! Very Happy
Same here. Chuck worked with me in the spring and dialed my car in!!! His level of communication and dedication is second to none. VERY happy with the way my car performs. VERY!
The following users liked this post:
Chuck CoW (08-17-2017)
Old 08-21-2017, 08:41 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default Honestly, no.....

Originally Posted by whalepirot
Please offer some specifics, including mpg changes.

I'm considering this, for a totally stock C5 M6, but while understanding the procedure, there's no what behind the wow in any posts.

I understand the factory tune makes allowances for various fuels, etc. while ensuring the emissions are licit for many years. I'm not displeased with the car now, but always looking for improvements.

How does the driveability of a base LS1 get expressed? Seems time-wise to offer many of us more specifics versus everyone calling. Isn't that part of why we come here?

Honestly, no..... I feel that everyone has a different understanding of what's going on here and what's got to be done.

Most people miss 90% of what I have to say if they don't call.

The way I see it, people who could not be bothered to call.... are less likely to purchase anyways.

There's 1,000s of pages of info about me on here and all free to read in your spare time.

I'd lose way more time posting and re-posting what's already out there on the forum.... than if I was to spend a bit of time

with those that call as those are the people who seem LESS THAN CASUALLY interested.

I can talk to you for 5 minutes or 2 hours on the phone..... makes no matter if you're interested....

I'm available 10am to midnight for anyone who wants to call....

I'm always here.
Chuck CoW
The following users liked this post:
bahamasair (08-21-2017)
Old 08-22-2017, 12:29 AM
Sam Handwich
Burning Brakes

Received 108 Likes on 87 Posts

Default My experience of working with Chuck ....

...... has been very good.
Trying to figure out what I needed to know to select a tuner was just getting overwhelming.
Who is any good?
How far away are they?
How much of a Saturday will I have to spend on this?
What about when I get headers? Or a new air filter system?

I decided to bite the bullet and pay the admission price to get the concierge treatment that Chuck provides. He is in demand, but you really can reach him by phone until late at night. And you never have to remove your PCM, wait for it to come back in the mail, and then reinstall it. Yes - your car remains drive-able while Chuck does his thing with your tune files.

When it comes to my Corvette, if things are done right the first time, then I shouldn't have to spend more money for the same thing later. Chuck really knows the C5 LS engine, and the CoW Booster was the right choice for me.

[BTW - During my own due diligence I saw that there are a couple of jerk-wipes out there who have posted negative comments about Chuck (somewhere): they must either be competitors, or just totally unreasonable.]

Good luck with your decision.
Old 08-22-2017, 10:46 AM
ArmchairArchitect
Banned Scam/Spammer

Location: Philadelphia PA (Birthplace of the USA, UNESCO World Heritage City)
Received 3,916 Likes on 1,616 Posts

Running leaner and/or advancing the timing will make any car faster. I presume that's what's behind most of these "tunes".

Problem is, you risk engine longevity. You may only get 75k out of the motor rather than 150k or 200k+.

Last edited by ArmchairArchitect; 08-22-2017 at 10:58 AM.
Old 08-22-2017, 11:45 AM
Sam Handwich
Burning Brakes

Received 108 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by ArmchairArchitect
Running leaner and/or advancing the timing will make any car faster. I presume that's what's behind most of these "tunes".
Problem is, you risk engine longevity. You may only get 75k out of the motor rather than 150k or 200k+.
Interested in what Chuck may have to say about this. But remember this: the C5 from the factory was built with lots of compromises. They had certain MPG target numbers to hit; tuned out a lot of the "twitchiness" that comes in a high-performance car (e.g. shocks, swaybars, run-flat tires, end-links with rubber bushings, etc., etc.).
The factory version of the C5 (and the Z06) are great starting points. Bang-for-buck they are hard to beat.
It is great that this forum and various vendors are out there to help those of us who are on a budget, and like to do some (or much) of our own work.
Old 08-22-2017, 12:41 PM
whalepirot
Melting Slicks

Received 119 Likes on 108 Posts

I called; no answer. IF only the search function worked better.I read dozens of posts and quit as the terms were so generic to be a waste of time. "Great", et. al. tells me nothing, sorry. Chuck seems like a valuable resource to most; unique, as Corvette enthusiasts can be tough to please.

Some call it twitchiness, I call it responsiveness. I don't understand how a tune will affect suspension response. Poly and heim joints on my 6th Corvette was clear demonstration of the loose handling of a stock ZR1 I test drove; a clear demo of factory compromising.

Last edited by whalepirot; 08-22-2017 at 12:48 PM.
Old 08-25-2017, 04:14 AM
Rjwz2
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can anyone provide a ballpark fee for this service? Thanks.
Old 08-28-2017, 12:13 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default We've been very busy. Sorry If I missed your call.

Originally Posted by whalepirot
I called; no answer. IF only the search function worked better.I read dozens of posts and quit as the terms were so generic to be a waste of time. "Great", et. al. tells me nothing, sorry. Chuck seems like a valuable resource to most; unique, as Corvette enthusiasts can be tough to please.

Some call it twitchiness, I call it responsiveness. I don't understand how a tune will affect suspension response. Poly and heim joints on my 6th Corvette was clear demonstration of the loose handling of a stock ZR1 I test drove; a clear demo of factory compromising.
We've been very busy. Sorry If I missed your call.

I'll be in the office all week. If you miss me, please send a text to my main phone number or leave me a voicemail.

I'll explain everything to you and I'll even make you a great deal because we launched our Labor Day sale tonight.

Give me a ring. 914-332-0049
Chuck CoW

Quick Reply: C5 Tune/Chip