Sponsored by:

How anal are you with your C5?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 11:39 AM
BlackandTan2004
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by RSbeast

I feel like cars are reflections of most people. If your **** is filthy sloppy, you likely keep that lifestyle, transitioning to home, personal appearance, even work ethic. I know that's a stretch but it tends to hold true. I personally am a little OCD and can be a perfectionist at times, but the pride you take in your lifestyle and possessions isn't a fluke.
Nailed it.

My entire family is pretty much OCD, the way we all were raised.

My coworkers are afraid to get in my cars because they don't want to get them dirty.

I just believe in taking care of things. Hell I washed my zero-turn a couple weeks ago

Old 08-16-2017, 12:06 PM
02BlownZ06
Drifting

Received 406 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by RSbeast
I purposely bought a creampuff (44k) so I tend to keep it similar. My underhood and undercar have clearly seen very little elements, but not to an absurd level.

I had/have cars I routinely wash and detail underneath. They didn't see rain unless I got caught. The c5 I try too do the same, but only clean the underside annually. I got '****' the last time I did the clutch and cleaned/alumabrited everything. I refuse to put a dirty car back together. - including beaters and DD's. If I own it, I own it with pride.

The c5 itself is silver. I hate it; shows no reward on keeping it clean nor perfecting the paint. The only thing it has is full polished wheels. THOSE I am **** over and they drive me nuts. It's obnoxiously hard keeping them 100%. If I get caught in the rain, it's hours. Pebble finds its way into the rear lip at speed and bounces around? Buffing and sanding. Sometimes I just give up for periods.

Painted rear flares not matching EXACT make me nuts. I clean the inside of my exhaust tips lol...but everyone should. I even do that to the wife's car. I vaccum it if it looks dirty. Wash it the same. Car wash soap (gold class) as it seems to play nice with the wheels. I spray detail every now and then but I hate the idea. Wouldn't if it was black.

Drive it like it's stolen. Fix it if I hurt it, and always clean fluids. Mostly seasonal.

It's just an older car, but it's mine. I payed for it so I care.

Pet peeve of NO pushing off or entry via bolsters.

I feel like cars are reflections of most people. If your **** is filthy sloppy, you likely keep that lifestyle, transitioning to home, personal appearance, even work ethic. I know that's a stretch but it tends to hold true. I personally am a little OCD and can be a perfectionist at times, but the pride you take in your lifestyle and possessions isn't a fluke.

Idk how anyone couldnt vaccum something for 5yrs. That's just gross. I'm sure it stinks in there. Hopefully you vaccum your home more often; doesn't matter if it's an apartment or a mansion. Cost doesn't reflect hygiene.
You hit the nail on the head in that it can often (not always) reflect upon how a person carries them self through life. Great point.

Quick Reply: How anal are you with your C5?